Nutro dog food problems...anyone else hear this?? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #21
Cat_72
No offense taken at all Paul....I feel the same way. But I am playing it safe, and until I get more information, I'm not feeding them the bag that I just bought. I'd much rather be the "overprotective Mom" than wish I would have.

I did, however, just receive another email about it from a gal who shows Bouviers. I wish I knew more, I really do.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #22
Cat_72
Well, Sil is personally having a necropsy done as well as having what is found in the dogs digestive tract analyzed, but she was told that it could take up to 6-8 weeks for any definitive answers. As soon as I hear anything more, I will again post it here.

Do with the information what you will, use your own judgement. My critters will be eating something else until I know for certain.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:27 AM   #23
techgirl
i was looking for the info on nutro because i remember getting a fax at work on it but could only find the one on royal canin from 3/13/06. here's the dish on this...
The AVMA provided the following report on Royal Canin product withdrawal.
Dr. Denise Elliott of royal canin, is the signatory on what is titled "important product quality notice" and dated 3/6/06. "recently we (royal canin) withdrew several code lots of royal canin veterinary diet canine and feline canned diets. all hospitals purchasing the products involved have been notified directly. these specific code lats contained excess levels of vitamind D3 due to an error originating with the vitamin-mineral premix supplier. since the error has been detected we (royal canin) have stopped using this supplier and have put in place systematic vitamin D analysis and enhanced our quality checks in the finished product. recently we(royal canin) have received additional results of analyses indicating that other earlier lots of royal canin veterinary diet canned and pouch products are affected. therefore we are expanding the withdrawal to include the following batches of product..
*royal canin veterinary diet feline renal lp pouch (date codes of june 2007 and earlier)
*royal canin veterinary diet feline renal calorie control cc in gel canned(date codes of april 2007 and earlier)

the notice goes on to state "that the distributor should be contacted for product replacement or refund. the royal canin technical support team can be contacted at 1-800-592-6687 with questions or concerns. the notice also indicates the quote--all subsequence code lots have been tested and, other than the production lots noted above, can be used with confidence."

hope this helps some

Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 AM   #24
techgirl
forgot to add for diamond food recall for aflatoxin in some products. see info at www.diamondpetrecall.net recall batches date codes of march 1, 2007 and were made in gaston,sc plant.

also check out the www.usrecalls.com/petfood.html for more info on recalls.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #25
Lucille
Cathy, any news?
I am rethinking my choice to go only with Innova, it is a great food but the expense is increasing now that the GSD is growing up and I have 4 dog snouts to feed. I was thinking of mixing in some Nutro but until I hear what you think I will hold off.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #26
Cat_72
I have not heard anything more yet. They said it could take 6-8 weeks, so I'm not expecting to for awhile.

I have not heard anything else negative either, so that is a good sign, at least.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!