super bearded colors - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
Cache Reptiles
I agree Mike, he has been relatively helpful in this thread. But, the thread that I provided a link to is not a BOI thread discussing his bad business ethics, but instead a discussion on the origination of the Sandfire lines of bearded dragons and how he wasn't a part of the original reds. That part, is indeed relevant to this thread.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #22
Ed Clark
Dillon, every thing I posted in the link you posted is true.you are doing a good job showing yourself as a hater. shame on you!

The fact that I bought a large group of red desert dragons back in the early 1990's from Bob Maillouxs veterinarian is ancient history to me,I posted it because I thought some would like to read about it.I had been breeding normal dragons long before I bought that group of reds.I'm not asking you or anyone to believe what I say, you posting hate like this in a discussion form stops the flow of good information being posted,is that what you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Reptiles View Post
Anyone that believes this, feel free to check out the following thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=clark+90%27s

Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
Ed Clark
Josh,my understanding of a micro scale is that part of the genetic make up includes a recessive leather.

Educate me please.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #24
Cache Reptiles
You are right, Ed. I am indeed a "hater", as I don't appreciate people like you attempting to sound as if you have done something for this great hobby. If you did in fact have so much to do with the production of red dragons, than please elaborate on Chris' thoughts:
Quote:
It sucks then for you that Bob got all the credit(which I feel of course he rightfully deserves as being one of the pioneers in the dragon trade), and you didn't get anything.

It's also a little odd that suggesting your time frame of what you were doing that you would also be running ads looking to buy dragons? Funny though no ads advertising your Red dragons. Flipping back then in the mid 90's also I would imagine?
And yes, a true microscale leatherback is the combination of both the recessive and co-dominant leatherback genes.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #25
mikepanzarella
dillon if u wanna hate on ed thats fine but that is not what this thread is for stay on topic if ed is giving out false info on dragons hes trying to sell them post it but this is not about him

Old 03-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #26
OEdwards
I have a quick question on the leathers when crossing a recessive and co-dom leather will it still produce silk leather and regular?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #27
barbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
There are distinct Sandfire bloodlines. Bob was the man that started the red phases in the early 1990's. I was very lucky to meet his veterinarian Rick A. as the red phase was being developed by Bob M..Rick had acquired a good size group of sub adults and adults from Bob that he sold to me very early in the development stages of the red phase dragons.

Funny thing about that group of reds is that they all were missing tails,toes,legs. they bred and bred and bred. it was so cool keeping dragons back then as not many people had them.
This is exactly what i have heard my self from several breeders! The sandfire bloodline is spacific in color faze. The sandfires took years to breed and wher a very early color faze and that made them unique For people to just call a dragon a sandfire or a blood dragon or any other color, faze, or morph that a breeder has worked so hard to create, is almost insulting!! I really feel as breeders we need to be true to breed, faze, bloodline and morph. I think that the reputable breeders have made a great foundation for us to build on and am very excited to see what is happening in the dragon world right now and to be part of what is to come

Old 03-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
mikepanzarella
this is an example of what in talking about
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=307738
im not saying its not a beautiful dragon probably worth every $ hes asking but its not a super form of anything and the use of tangerine
to me it looks like a high/extreme yellow/orange trans male
but when you use super it makes me think its a super form of an animal genes that doesnt exist and tangerine makes you think of colors that we dont really have in dragons so it would imply something new when its not

Old 03-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
barbie
Thies kinds of things will always be around. I feel as a breeder it is my job to be knowledgeable and "picky" about the dragons i buy and sell. Be informend do the foot work and make descisions based on facts. Dont be sold on big words and imatations!!!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #30
pdragon
Pretty much all the red, yellows, and orange dragons out there descended from Sandfire, and from a very small group.

Oedwards-Crossing a rec. leather to a codom leather will only make normal(wild type) scaled, and codom leathers(50/50). If you breed 2 micro leathers together, you get rec. leathers, silks, and micro leathers. No normal(wild type) scaled or normal leathers.

Kelli-Thanks so much!

Josh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!