just laid eggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
mojobean
just laid eggs

my little girl just laid eggs early this morning sometime.. i had thought her cave had just collapsed and that she had leveled all her dirt out as she was simply laying on top of it this morning, but i checked when i got home from work and she had laid eggs and buried them. packed them in real good too.. i had to use a q-tip to dig them out. (maybe her box mix is too heavy?) so they are kinda squished looking, and i'm fairly certain this is due to infertile eggs as opposed to how she packed them in? To my knowledge she has not been had, as the few times a male got hold of her neck i separated them before he could get his junk out or get a good grip on her. i'm attaching a photo, as i'm using this as a learning experience, any input will be well appreciated as in the future I would like to breed her.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
mojobean

Old 03-15-2015, 11:57 PM   #3
psadler69
You are right these are not fertile. They need to be plump and full.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Old 03-16-2015, 02:11 AM   #4
mojobean
thankyou. i very much appreciate the reply as i really was kind of unsure.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #5
barbie
Good work though! Hope if you ever do plan to breed it works out next time!!

Old 10-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #6
HExotics
Based on the coloration of the eggs with the tint of yellow, and some seem to be oozing as well. I wouldnt feel too bad about losing any "babies", just the physical stress on our mama beardie took place instead. Give her a Bunch of Calcium for the next few weeks to build her system back up, and Hopefully a BETTER run Next Time!

Adam
www.HurricaneExotics.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!