Best Breeder - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
RFD32466
Best Breeder

Hello,

Started out as a noob Pet Smart Beardie and fell in love.

So after reading and Reading and reading. Have a beginner knowledge.

what breeder do I purchase from?
Atomic
Carolina Classic
Fire and Ice
A-1
Rainbow
Dachiu

I have a hard time buying an animal on line but in reviewing the breeders at the Retiplie Expo coming up near me in White Plain NY -- I do not see one vendor on there with any reputation worth purchasing from.

So -- I need help. -- Who has had a good experience and why?

Old 01-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
Mistyck
Suggestion: Put each of those names into the BOI and see the reviews on them.

BOI - Click Here

Old 01-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
Beyond GenetiX
A lot depends on what you are looking for. Either way, I think I can speak for several people when I say, stay away from F&I.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
RFD32466
Thanks. Funny F&I was really steering me down a path where I thought I lost my mind with all the different proposed Bloodlines and genes.

Thanks-- one crossed off the list.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
A lot depends on what you are looking for. Either way, I think I can speak for several people when I say, stay away from F&I.
Fire and Ice are bad news, as shown in all the negative posts in the BOI

Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #6
RFD32466
Going to e-mail Terri now and no deal.

David from Classic Dragon's just sent me a beautiful picture of a Tiger Citrus and Dachui have several very pretty dragons.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #7
slugoo
Facebook is a good source. Join a few dragon groups and you'll start seeing the good, bad and the ugly of the hobby, but ultimately you'll see which dragon breeders are the best.
I've bout my dragons from two different breeders, both only found on FB. Infamous Dragons out of NC, and Scales LLC out of CA. They're both smaller breeders focusing on high color. I highly recommend both of those breeders, but if you're more comfortable with the bigger name breeders, I'd recommend Carolina Classic Dragons and Draggin Tails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
Mistyck
Personal opinion...

I like David over at Carolina Classic Dragons. Just from his posts here, he seems like a nice guy and his dragons are gorgeous!

I've personally dealt with Rainbow and she was awesome. (Keep in mind this was several years ago.) But she answered all questions and was very informative when I purchased my dragon from her. The dragon I purchased was even better looking in person than the pictures she had taken of him.

Haven't heard much about Atomic or A-1. And don't remember what all I've heard about Dachui.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:53 PM   #9
angie.h
Atomic + A-1 both have great reputations and pages of good reviews on their sites. I'm pretty sure Atomic has been breeding for over 20 years, and I know that A-1 has been for around 25 years, they are one of the oldest breeders of beardies in the country. I used to vend at shows with A-1 in the late 90's, they always had beautiful animals.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:20 PM   #10
RFD32466
Thanks I am stuck between 3 breeders plus one smaller breeder I meet on the site who has good review but a short warrant-- nice animals just no history to back them up

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!