Now, this is strange....... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #21
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Still loading fast here. I like it. Keep it this way.....lol
Yeah, I wish.... I'm sure once all the other domains on my other server get merged onto this new one, it will have to slow things down some. That will add around an additional 200 gigs of bandwidth being drawn from this server per month. So that has to have an impact.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:30 AM   #22
Cat_72
OK, I must have jinxed myself.....this morning, many times the pages are loading REALLLLLYYYYY SLLLLOOOOOWWWWLLLLYYYYY and getting the "page cannot be displayed" on occasion.

Pftht.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #23
Gary O
ha ha ha still fast here. I like it. It has not been this fast for me in years. Sorry I had to tease a bit

Old 05-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #24
Cat_72
LOL, it's ok Gary....I would too.

Seems fine again now....but I'm not going to say that very loudly this time.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
WebSlave
I think most people would be shocked to learn how complicated the process is to get a page displayed on their browser from a remote server. And surprised as well about the number of devices those signals have to successfully negotiate in order to have that process take place. Any one of which having a problem makes a page or site appear to be having a problem.

I know Comcast is really screwed up in some of their local routers in this area. I'm sure I can't be the only one with such problems.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #26
Cat_72
Rich, I don't even pretend to even begin to comprehend all of the BS you do to get all of this to work! I just figured that since I was kinda gloating about it working so well for me before, it was coming back to bite me in the rear somehow. LOL.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #27
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I think most people would be shocked to learn how complicated the process is to get a page displayed on their browser from a remote server. And surprised as well about the number of devices those signals have to successfully negotiate in order to have that process take place. Any one of which having a problem makes a page or site appear to be having a problem.

I know Comcast is really screwed up in some of their local routers in this area. I'm sure I can't be the only one with such problems.

One bump in the road and you could have one section of the US not even get on the site. It sucks.

I have interent through my cable company. I have to say I like it. But I still want more upload and download speed speed lol...........................

Old 05-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #28
Cat_72
Hummmm.......I think I really done it now.....the "new posts" button won't work.

It's showing OLD new posts, from like an hour ago. If I just click on the thread, it only shows posts up til 10:48 (I think it is), but if I click on the last post arrow....it shows more posts after that. Weird.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
One bump in the road and you could have one section of the US not even get on the site. It sucks.

I have interent through my cable company. I have to say I like it. But I still want more upload and download speed speed lol...........................
Yeah, same here. With streaming video and audio looking like the future on the net, SPEED is the NEED to realize the potentials. Imagine the internet today if speeds were still limited to the 300 baud when I first logged into The Source many years ago... Then imagine what the internet of 10 years from now could be like if speeds get to approaching local network gigabit speeds or better.

Right now, my Comcast connection is pretty fast:
Quote:
Download Speed: 17629 kbps (2203.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2465 kbps (308.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
But I want FASTER...........

Old 05-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #30
Cat_72
OK, a lotta stuff isn't working on my end....hm.

This time, I think it IS me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!