Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #171
Mech
Tad this is probably going to get me another grey chitlet but here I go anyways.
I don't think you're a bad guy.
I think you might have had tunnel vision on this at first and now it's just a mess.
I made my money selling mechanical engineered systems and installations.
We all mess up every now and then.
It's just how it is.
Here a couple of nuggets that have worked for me.
Everybody has or could use a mentor for advice.
Hang out with people better than you.
One of my mentors taught me to add just a tad to the price for warranty work and bs like that.This actually will take several accounts.
It's ok to ask one you respect for advice.
It's ok to say I'm sorry I didn't get it.
Good luck to ya.
Andy

Old 10-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #172
EdwardK
The one time I made a mistake when shipping out some animals, I asked the buyer if they were happy with the mistake and then I offered the buyer the option that if they were happy with the animals then it was okay with me and they could keep the animals. If they weren't happy, I would either fix the mistake and pay for shipping back to me or give a refund at the choice of the buyer and pay for shipping back to me. The buyer was okay with the mistake so I let it go and wrote it off as my mistake.

Ed Kowalski

Old 10-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #173
yeloowtang
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Perhaps you should read more than the first post (I'm sure you did, but you apparently missed some important ones).
Try looking closely at the attachments in posts 37 and 38.
I did but to be honest post 37 is just a screen shot of her payment with a note she put there, but yes the seller should have noticed that too(his mistake) again

post 38, seems part of the conversation is missing, the beginning of it..

if you read post 17 he talks about the tetxt messages asking and confirming the deal for the het pieds..somehwere they talked about the mojave and confusion set in.. he was selling them for more and claims he would not have accepted 125$ for them since they were already priced on special

as i said , i`m not taking the sellers side nor the OP information seems to be missing..

not sure i want read it all over again, unless it`s all there already , we should see all the text messages sent from both of them from the begining..

the seller did a mistake maybe even twice..
1- lost track of what snakes they were talking about
2-packing them without realizing he got 125$ for what he claims was the het pieds
no matter how you look at it, he s at fault, no argument there, mistakes happen
he realized it and figured he should ask if he can get more $ or take them back..

if the deal was for the mojave at that price then the seller should absolutely not ask for more $$

that part isn t clear, he claims they were dealing the hets..

the OP or the seller should post a clear message showing the discussion and agreement for the mojave.. post #37 doesn t prove that..

all it shows is the OP thinking she s paying for the mojave, if she has a text showing the seller agreeing to that then she is right 100%
OR
if the seller can show texts proving the discussion was for the hets,, so be it
but in post #38 the first phrase is ON WICH SNAKES confusion is already set in we need to see the whole message, she`s talking about the mojave and the het pied pair !!!! the seller missed that again because nowhere does anyone confirm wich snakes the 125$ is for, seller thinks it s for the hets ,OP thinks it s for the mojave..

anyways , they both need to show all messages exchanged to get a clear picture...

what is clear is the seller made a mistake..

Old 10-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #174
tim brophy
Once the snakes are shipped, the seller has no recourse but to let it go. Regardless of any previous email trail. But I believe this thread is painting a much worse picture of Captive born Excellence than they actually deserve. They have has a reputation for selling topnotch animals. If they had something I wanted (not into ball pythons) , I would not hesitate to buy from him. But if they sent me a higher priced animal by mistake, I would say thank you very much!

Old 10-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #175
leftycrane
Until they wanted you to send them more money after the fact...

Old 10-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #176
tim brophy
Well, they could ask all they want. Does not mean I would have to comply.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #177
thehappypet
He did have an ad for a pair of normal hets running at the same time for $65. If he thought I was asking about the 1.1 normal hets, instead of the mojave het with the normal het pair, he sure didn't say anything about that extra $60 he thought he was going to get?

I've seen pairs of normal hets for sale at shows for $50 recently. Being het anything right now barely add any worth but that's just my opinion I know others feel differently. Almost 1500 gram het albino proven female sold in my area recently for only $100. Prices have tanked over the course of the past year. Het pieds, het albinos, pastels and combos, spiders and combos are all hard pressed to get $100 for even proven breeding pairs lately. I was offered a het albino pair for $80 and a pair of fires for $125.

All I know is that I am glad I got it in writing at least twice IN ADDITION to the phone calls. If it were all done over the phone then it would all be "he said, she said" which would have helped only whoever the bigger name was.

Also, regarding the comment on how quickly I became attached to my critters.. These aren't televisions or computer desks here, they are living things we are responsible for and I take it very seriously. I am still concerned about what will happen to the pair in question, whether they will go to a home or are destined to be breeding machines. Because I think all of us here would make the claim that no one can love and care for our pets better then we do.

The only resolution to come from this is a reminder to always get everything in writing! I have over 100 reptiles and have never been pursued by the seller for more money after the deal was complete.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #178
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
Once the snakes are shipped, the seller has no recourse but to let it go. Regardless of any previous email trail. But I believe this thread is painting a much worse picture of Captive born Excellence than they actually deserve. They have has a reputation for selling topnotch animals. If they had something I wanted (not into ball pythons) , I would not hesitate to buy from him. But if they sent me a higher priced animal by mistake, I would say thank you very much!
IF there was a mistake like that the right thing to do would be to send the snake back. If it was simple as that, I would also advise the buyer here that the right course of action would be to send it back. That's not what happened here. There is just a little more to the transaction.

She received what she paid for at the price she stated she would pay at multiple points in the transaction. The mistake was on the price charged not the snake presumed paid for and received.

A mistake happened and it surely could have been handled better.
Anyway, I was hoping there would be some kind of reconciliation here.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:00 AM   #179
Pacman213
I guess I seem to have missed while reading this where the $125 for the Mojave het pied male and het pied female was confirmed by both party's. It has been a reoccurring statement through out the thread, but I seem to have missed where that proof was posted. Post 37 is just her payment and a note, that is not confirmation on his part about the price. Happypet you claim in the below message to have two bits of proof in writing to show he agreed on the price, can you please provide this, so the "mistake" portion of his defense can be put to sleep for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappypet View Post
All I know is that I am glad I got it in writing at least twice IN ADDITION to the phone calls. If it were all done over the phone then it would all be "he said, she said" which would have helped only whoever the bigger name was.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #180
thehappypet
And again, this is tough to do on the phone
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!