Bad Guy Bad experience with Backwater Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #11
predators
Holy cow. All this hubbub over them being out of stock on something and refunding you within about 72 hours. If this is a major issue to you then I wish I had your problems, because this is extremely minor.
First off checking the calendar on there site you ordered on a Thursday. Meaning your order wouldn't ship until Monday anyway. So that they didn't get back to you for 2 days doesn't really make a difference and, they would not be able to provide tracking until the day of shipping anyway. I am not sure why you would expect it sooner.
If you check most larger breeders, wholesalers, importers, or large retailers pricelists everyone of them is out of stock on something . Its just the nature of dealing in live animals. Its impossible to keep up with every single thing and how many of each... Shoot even Walmart, Amazon.com or best buy does it sometime. I make an order pay with my CC and a couple days later I get an email saying the item is on backorder. They ask if I want to wait and, if I don't they refund the money. That is exactly what happened here.
As far as the $8.50 goes, I am sure paypal will refund that too. You might have to email them. Or call your bank in Australia. A bit of a hassle yes but, sometimes things are hassle when doing business.
With that being said, I do understand you are frustrated and I am not trying to beat you up for it but, in the grand scheme of things this is a very minor issue, especially in the live animal business.
I am glad you were able to find a private breeder or smaller breeder to get the snake from and I am glad it arrived healthy..

Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 AM   #12
Magic
Dan,

I think her biggest issue was that they have an animal STILL up for sale on their website (no out of stock memo or anything) for another unsuspecting buyer to potentially purchase, and she's advising others of the drama she went through.

Yes, Walmart also has things on their website that could potentially be back ordered, I'm sure. One would think that if a customer ordered merchandise, and that order could not be fulfilled, the retailer would slap a sign up indicating that after the problem was discovered.

Let's just chalk this up to another (one of many) unhappy customers with Backwater.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:49 AM   #13
Magic
....and I forgot to add the highly classy part of them blocking her neutral/unsatisfied comment/review.

Not even Walmart does THAT.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:31 AM   #14
SophieD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Dan,

I think her biggest issue was that they have an animal STILL up for sale on their website (no out of stock memo or anything) for another unsuspecting buyer to potentially purchase, and she's advising others of the drama she went through.

Yes, Walmart also has things on their website that could potentially be back ordered, I'm sure. One would think that if a customer ordered merchandise, and that order could not be fulfilled, the retailer would slap a sign up indicating that after the problem was discovered.

Let's just chalk this up to another (one of many) unhappy customers with Backwater.
Thank you, Dan. This is correct. My main issue is about the animal still up for sale. It is unfair to customers, as it creates hassles. It is not pleasant to have the funds blocked for a number of days. I was lucky to be able to pay the second company before the refund from Backwater Reptiles was processed. With Brazilian Rainbow boas in particular, they are not easy to find. These are very sought after reptiles, and if one can't pay for them at the right moment, they will be sold to someone else. I was lucky to find a great snake at Rainbows R Us, but most other companies were out of stock.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 AM   #15
SophieD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Dan,

Sorry ,the previous reply to this quote was meant for Magic. I don't agree with Dan on his comments.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieD View Post
I have now purchased a Brazilian Rainbow Boa from a different company (Rainbows R Us)
Please post your review about Dave (Rainbows R Us) in one of his threads in order to keep this on topic:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=294182

Quote:
I only found faunaclassifieds.com website today, after browsing through reviews on other websites.

glad you found us. It's always a good idea to research buyers/sellers here on the BOI before doing business.

Paypal refund should be the entire amount, no fee, as others have stated. I hope they get it resolved for you quickly.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #17
predators
Animals come in and out constantly. Its very possible they got more in or they are getting more in soon. If they are expecting them to come in then, maybe (like a lot of other companies do) try to generate some pre sale business...
Someone mentioned something about this being "just another bad review for Backwater" one of many. I must ask. Tell me one Larger company (not a private breeder) who doesnt have some bad reviews on there resume. Everyone in this industry does and theres are no more or less than others.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by predators View Post
Someone mentioned something about this being "just another bad review for Backwater" one of many. I must ask. Tell me one Larger company (not a private breeder) who doesnt have some bad reviews on there resume. Everyone in this industry does and theres are no more or less than others.
If you are saying everyone has a bad transaction sometimes I think you are probably right.
Do some companies have more bad transactions than others? I think they do, and feedback here helps people decide which company to go with.

If people are saying this is 'just another bad review for Backwater' and maybe they don't say that about other companies, maybe this is an opportunity for Backwater to figure out why that might be and change.

BOI reviews can and do affect reptile companies. A good company will see a string of bad reviews as an opportunity to change, a company with less vision may simply lose business. Customers pay their money and want and have a right to a good experience, well thought out shipping, healthy critters.

Competition is a fact of life, and if customers see some companies with a lot of issues, and others where they can pay their money and get their healthy critter with no problems, it is their choice, and which way would you go?

Old 03-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #19
SophieD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Please post your review about Dave (Rainbows R Us) in one of his threads in order to keep this on topic:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=294182

glad you found us. It's always a good idea to research buyers/sellers here on the BOI before doing business.

Paypal refund should be the entire amount, no fee, as others have stated. I hope they get it resolved for you quickly.
Thank you
Shall do

Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #20
deedeeiam
Quote:
My main issue is about the animal still up for sale. It is unfair to customers, as it creates hassles.
Technically, the problem isn't updating the website...it's how they manage their paypal. They shouldn't accept transactions before verifying stock.

Half of the people that use static websites don't have updated information, or only update it weekly. A dealer is very likely not to have an inventory system tied into their purchasing because their stock is rotating too much. Inventory systems can be clunky and expensive.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!