any ideas? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-17-2005, 10:17 PM   #1
JonCash
any ideas?

im back from school and living with my mom for a couple weeks, any ideas to convince her a ball python isnt bad?

Old 11-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
Bella17
it doesnt poop often, and its quiet? thats what i told my parents...haha
Michelle

Old 11-18-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
coyote
She'll never know it's there.
It's more afraid of her than she is of it.
She can hurt it way worse than it could ever hurt her.
It's real pretty.
You won't be living there long-before she knows you will be gone.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
Scott Ashton
Post Afraid

My wife was deathly afraid of dogs.

Any dog, no matter what size.

She had been attacked as a child (still has the scar) - nothing serious, but it left an impression.

A couple of years ago I fell in love with a Pekingnese, we were away on vacation and it broke my heart to walk away from the little guy.

Long story short I ended up flying back down to Florida to pick the little fella up and he is HER baby now. She loves him to death, and has no problem with bigger breeds (my borther has two labs).

I am picking up my first ball tmrw. (lemon NERD line female). She wasn't thrilled, but my nephew has two baby balls and brought them over and she actually handled them.

My advice would be to take it slow. Don't try and sneak it in - that will only cause problems eventually. Show her that your cage is secure. Give her information about the breed - ie: docile, non-venomous (some people think all snakes are poisonous). Expose her to the animal slowly, let her get a level of comfort.

Just my two cents.

-Scott

Old 11-21-2005, 03:05 AM   #5
Heis
My mom had the same problem when I got my ball. At first it had to stay at my friends place, after alot of serious talk I assured her that he couldn't get out, he would be kept out of her cite, and for her reassurance I would put a lock on my cage. Just sit down and have a conversation and assure her your going to be responsible and if you have to take extra steps to convince her ( like my lock)

Andrew

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!