Info New reptile shipper that utilises UPS - Reptiles Express - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #131
neilg
obviously i'm not worried about my questioning certain issues (ie, reptiles being shipped in utterly unapproved packaging under approved service thus ending up dead) taken as a 'blanket cloud' over anything else i express an interest in discussing on FC on whole.

this is america afterall and indeed the political climate even in everyday life is one of 'suspicion' of people having alterior motives in their activity IRL or online on whole; and that is the case evenmoreso on a site like this -'Classifieds' niche- as it, where it seems the bulk of active members on here are in the reptile 'business' in fact the loudest voices here are ones who mention they 'ship reptiles all the time' and so on... how i am perceived here by such persons i could care even less cuz it doesn't affect me; what's wrong with 'stirring the pot' occasionally.

now if someone were to accuse me of stirring the pot in every topic i create or chime in on, then that's where mods and forum rules come in, not just dishing out accusations whenever the user posts about anything under the sun.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #132
snakesareawesome
Anyone else like trolls?

Old 06-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #133
Aurora
Aww, Debbie's gone? She was amazing.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #134
snowgyre
To get back on topic with this BOI thread, I have shipped using Reptiles Express almost exclusively over the past three years. I couldn't be happier with their service. I am saddened that Debbie is gone, but I will continue using the service as long as I receive similar care.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #135
neilg
Thumbs up

time for moi to actually try them out too for a change to and even get a copy of the complete waiver PDF! (when a critter in the classifieds eventually tickles my fancy and hopefully the seller can use RE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post
Here is part of our snake waiver:

RE: Acceptance of Live Non-Venomous Snakes from ReptilesExpress.com and its Customers

Dear Reptiles Express, LLC

We have reviewed your request for UPS to reconsider our policy prohibiting acceptance of any kind of snake (venomous or non-venomous) for transportation. Upon completion of our review it seems appropriate that UPS can transport non-venomous snakes, provide specific restrictions and conditions are met.

Restrictions: First and foremost, UPS will only accept non-venomous snakes. Venomous snakes must not be offered for transportation at any time. Second, any snake listed on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service website as a “Threatened or Endangered Species” is prohibited by UPS and must not be offered for transportation. Finally, live non-venomous snakes must be offered for transportation via UPS Next Day Air Service only. Unless Saturday Delivery is specifically requested, live non-venomous snakes may only be shipped Monday thru Thursday.

Conditions: You must comply with some basic principles of humane care and safety in preparing and packaging live non-venomous snakes for shipment. UPS is not liable for perishable items including live snakes and does not provide temperature-controlled distribution. Packaging must be designed to provide a primary and secondary means of containment. Each snake must be placed is a fabric or burlap type bag of sufficient material strength to ensure the snake cannot tear or otherwise compromise the integrity of the bag. The bag must be sealed or closed in such a fashion as to prevent the bag from opening during transport. Each bag (or multiple bags) must be placed in a box constructed of double wall corrugated of sufficient strength and size to accommodate the size and weight of the snake(s) being shipped. It is recommended that an expanded polystyrene (EPS) box be placed inside the corrugated box to provide additional protection from sudden environmental changes to which the package may be exposed during handling and transport. If an EPS box is used the external corrugated package may be constructed of single wall corrugated.
It is the responsibility of the shipper to identify any additional requirements necessary to provide basic humane conditions for the non-venomous snake during transportation, such as air ventilation and a source of moisture. Also it is suggested that the packaging used or developed to transport non-venomous snakes be submitted to an International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) certified testing lab for pre-shipment testing prior to being offered to UPS for transportation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!