Info New reptile shipper that utilises UPS - Reptiles Express - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:52 AM   #51
TheWolfmanTom
Hi Wolf,
In regards to keeping a card on file, Its done on syr as well. It becomes part of the checkout program so doesnt seem as obvious. Not a big deal just stating how I see it. Seems to be normal bus procedure now. Where I get my feeders from does the same thing.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #52
WingedWolf
Oh, I know, but SYR is owned by Pro Exotics, and I'm a lot more familiar with their business. It won't hurt me to wait a month and see how things go, I am fed ex certified. Especially since they say that their site has a lot of bugs, and they're not responsible for financial losses due to errors with the CC.

If the bugs are all cleaned up, and it's working great, I'll absolutely be joining.

By the way, what type of security is in place to protect those stored CC numbers?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #53
six3sin
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post
Steve, I am not sure what you are trying to say. We obviously opened our site to compete with SYR. If you think you can make a site like SYR or ReptilesExpress in less then a month that is crazy. We have had a full time web development team working on our site. Just the integration with UPS took 4 months. We had planned on going live in about 2 months from now. With SYR current situation we have rushed to go live with ReptilesExpress. I am not sure what is not adding up for you. We have been working on this site for almost 1 year. We have had our waiver also for almost 1 year. I will be the first to say we are not 100% ready yet. The site is being worked on everyday and we will continue to work on it for at least 1 more month as we find bugs and longer as needed. If you would like me to bore you with our entire time line and how and when we decided to open ReptilesExpress let me know.
Thats what i am trying to get at. your waiver is 1 year old. UPS said no more snakes 1 month ago so is what you posted on this site.. a very recent letter from UPS or is it the leter you got when you got your waiver a year ago?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #54
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by six3sin View Post
Thats what i am trying to get at. your waiver is 1 year old. UPS said no more snakes 1 month ago so is what you posted on this site.. a very recent letter from UPS or is it the leter you got when you got your waiver a year ago?
UPS's policy has been to NEVER accept snakes unless you had a special exemption. SYR had their waiver revoked, no one else. Their are quite a few large breeders who have a UPS exemption, SYR getting theirs revoked (if one ever existed in the first place), had no baring on them.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #55
fishstick
I am approved, let the hognose shipping begin

Old 07-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #56
Quiet Tempest
I'm approved as well. As soon as my babies are hatched and feeding, I'll be able to ship them! I'm very happy!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #57
dustinNMpythons
I'm following this one, definately excited about another shipping option since fedex takes forever!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #58
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by omni View Post
This might be an option... They seem to be on the right track with their policies and the 'About Us' page on their website was a good read: http://www.reptilesexpress.com/aboutus.aspx
They do have a live animal waiver w/ UPS! something the other guys didn't have or wouldn't show.
I look forward to seeing reviews on the BOI.
From where I'm sitting, it looks like they won't show theirs either, prior to a financial commitment on my part, anyway.

Quote:
Whats the difference between this and SYR? they have a live animal waiver also.. but cant ship snakes any longer per UPS not allowing snakes to be shiped. do you have something from UPS saying you are classified to ship snakes through them?
That was my first thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
"allows Seller to provide Buyer with the ability to ship non-venomous reptiles via UPS subject to all Federal, State and local jurisdictional laws, the operational rules of UPS and the terms of this Agreement."

From their live-animal shipping waiver. This does not, in fact, say that the shipping of snakes is permitted. It states that the operational rules of UPS must be followed. Currently, UPS does not allow the shipping of snakes.

So, unless something specifically says otherwise, no snakes should be shipped.

I would say it appears this company is in competition with SYR, and does not have an agreement significantly different from SYR's.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
That's how I saw it as well.

Quote:
Nothing has changed from UPS's policies about shipping LIVE animals. OUR UPS waiver just adds the ability to ship a non-venomous snake under our account. UPS has never guaranteed live arrival of any animal shipped and that goes for all reptiles and non-venomous snakes. This is a portion of the approval letter UPS has given us to ship non-venomous snakes. This is part of the information we provide to our approved customers:

"We have reviewed your request for UPS to reconsider our policy prohibiting acceptance of any kind of snake (venomous or non-venomous) for transportation. Upon completion of our review it seems appropriate that UPS can transport non-venomous snakes, provide specific restrictions and conditions are met.
Restrictions: First and foremost, UPS will only accept non-venomous snakes. Venomous snakes must not be offered for transportation at any time. Second, any snake listed on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service website as a “Threatened or Endangered Species” is prohibited by UPS and must not be offered for transportation. Finally, live non-venomous snakes must be offered for transportation via UPS Next Day Air Service only. Unless Saturday Delivery is specifically requested, live non-venomous snakes may only be shipped Monday thru Thursday.
Conditions: You must comply with some basic principles of humane care and safety in preparing and packaging live non-venomous snakes for shipment. UPS is not liable for perishable items including live snakes and does not provide temperature-controlled distribution. Packaging must be designed to provide a primary and secondary means of containment. Each snake must be placed is a fabric or burlap type bag of sufficient material strength to ensure the snake cannot tear or otherwise compromise the integrity of the bag. The bag must be sealed or closed in such a fashion as to prevent the bag from opening during transport. Each bag (or multiple bags) must be placed in a box constructed of double wall corrugated of sufficient strength and size to accommodate the size and weight of the snake(s) being shipped. It is recommended that an expanded polystyrene (EPS) box be placed inside the corrugated box to provide additional protection from sudden environmental changes to which the package may be exposed during handling and transport. If an EPS box is used the external corrugated package may be constructed of single wall corrugated."
See below....am I to understand that you have a waiver, and I am to take your word for it? No proof or assurance prior to my giving you all my credit card information?

Quote:
So was you opening this to contend with SYR at the same prices? you said you have had this on a testing site for 2 months now, SYR was shipping 2 months ago then all of a suden they're no longer allowed to ship snakes due to someone shiped poison snakes and was told no more snake shiping a month ago? now all of a suden.. you have a waiver within a month to ship snakes when it took SYR months and months of work to get UPS to allow non venomous snakes to be shiped? i ask because i still see nothing from UPS stating you're allowed to ship snakes other than something typed that anyone could type up.im not saying you did that, i myself and alot of others would liek to see actual and certifiable proof. do you have a document or letter with a letter head from UPS stating they will in fact allow you to ship snakes? forgive my ways but some things just aren't adding up to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
This isn't about SYR. SYR never provided proof of a snake shipping waiver and claim that their hidden waiver was revoked because of an ill-responsible shipper. No proof of that has ever been provided by them either.

If you would kindly read what has been posted here, on Cornsnakes.com and the ReptilesEXPRESS website...You would have some of this information you are requesting. It was clearly posted that a copy of the waiver is provided to verified shippers. Have you signed up and gone through the verification process?
You're right...this is about a reptile shipper that few if any of us know of showing up with all kinds of promises....if only we'll fork over the CC #'s. Why would someone with so many doubts about a company sign up for their service? I didn't sign up for Reptster for a reason, genius!

Quote:
Steve, I am not sure what you are trying to say. We obviously opened our site to compete with SYR. If you think you can make a site like SYR or ReptilesExpress in less then a month that is crazy. We have had a full time web development team working on our site. Just the integration with UPS took 4 months. We had planned on going live in about 2 months from now. With SYR current situation we have rushed to go live with ReptilesExpress. I am not sure what is not adding up for you. We have been working on this site for almost 1 year. We have had our waiver also for almost 1 year. I will be the first to say we are not 100% ready yet. The site is being worked on everyday and we will continue to work on it for at least 1 more month as we find bugs and longer as needed. If you would like me to bore you with our entire time line and how and when we decided to open ReptilesExpress let me know.
Have you been contacted by them about shipping snakes since the SYR incident? Or, have you contacted them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
Oh, I know, but SYR is owned by Pro Exotics, and I'm a lot more familiar with their business. It won't hurt me to wait a month and see how things go, I am fed ex certified. Especially since they say that their site has a lot of bugs, and they're not responsible for financial losses due to errors with the CC.

If the bugs are all cleaned up, and it's working great, I'll absolutely be joining.

By the way, what type of security is in place to protect those stored CC numbers?
Bingo!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
UPS's policy has been to NEVER accept snakes unless you had a special exemption. SYR had their waiver revoked, no one else. Their are quite a few large breeders who have a UPS exemption, SYR getting theirs revoked (if one ever existed in the first place), had no baring on them.
So, you're just going to pretend that SYR's snake shipping waiver revocation has no bearing on the same waiver for a startup company? Uh, ok. You are going to, in the same sentence, suggest that Chad and Robyn have nothing better do do than risk the reputation of ProExotics by making up waivers? Good luck with all of that!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #59
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
From where I'm sitting, it looks like they won't show theirs either, prior to a financial commitment on my part, anyway.
If you aren't a paying customer, then why should you get to see it? Besides, once someone sees it, I'm sure it will make it's rounds.

Quote:
See below....am I to understand that you have a waiver, and I am to take your word for it? No proof or assurance prior to my giving you all my credit card information?
If you aren't a paying customer, then again, why should they show you anything?

Quote:
You're right...this is about a reptile shipper that few if any of us know of showing up with all kinds of promises....if only we'll fork over the CC #'s. Why would someone with so many doubts about a company sign up for their service? I didn't sign up for Reptster for a reason, genius!
Nothing wrong with being cautious.

Quote:
So, you're just going to pretend that SYR's snake shipping waiver revocation has no bearing on the same waiver for a startup company? Uh, ok. You are going to, in the same sentence, suggest that Chad and Robyn have nothing better do do than risk the reputation of ProExotics by making up waivers? Good luck with all of that!
Why should what affects one company affect another? You don't know what kind of a relationship SYR's has with UPS. They may not be on the best of terms. So why deny a new comer? And as for them making up waivers, it is very possible.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #60
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin
So, you're just going to pretend that SYR's snake shipping waiver revocation has no bearing on the same waiver for a startup company?
Pretend? I don't have to pretend. SYR's mistakes are SYR's mistakes. It should have no barring on your, mine or anyone else's business with that same company. That's like saying that because one individual who is FedEx Certified screws up and violates the agreement everyone looses theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin
Uh, ok. You are going to, in the same sentence, suggest that Chad and Robyn have nothing better do do than risk the reputation of ProExotics by making up waivers? Good luck with all of that!
No waiver was ever provided. They claimed that they were legally bound to not show it to anyone. If this were true, why is ReptilesEXPRESS permitted to provide the waiver to verified members? Robyn dug his own grave with how he treated people. Calling your customers liars and taking hits at a forum that had supported him isn't good business tactics. But again, this isn't about SYR.

ReptilesEXPRESS BOI Thread for those who want to share their experience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!