Info New reptile shipper that utilises UPS - Reptiles Express - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #61
MikeCurtin
How many companies out there have waivers which allow the general public to ship snakes via UPS? If the issue was the shipping of unauthorized animals via UPS by the general public using a 3rd party shipper, why would SYR be the only one affected? There are just too many red flags.

Look, I hope this venture is successful. I just can't even consider giving my personal information to a company with little to no history behind them just because they dangle the chance to see their snake shipping waiver in front of me. If there are other folks that want to roll the dice on that one, go for it. Let me know how it works out, and maybe I'll catch up in 6-8 months.

Hey, BTW, did everyone get reimbersed from that whole Reptster fiasco yet? I mean, I'm just asking.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #62
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
Hey, BTW, did everyone get reimbersed from that whole Reptster fiasco yet? I mean, I'm just asking.
You keep mentioning Reptster...Are you trying to imply that Brendan of Cold Blooded Cages is involved with that?

Old 07-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #63
WebSlave
Can anyone here tell me the difference between those discussions suitable only within the BOI and those discussions that are appropriate for THIS forum?

Old 07-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #64
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
You keep mentioning Reptster...Are you trying to imply that Brendan of Cold Blooded Cages is involved with that?
Not at all. I'm not implying anything. I'm directly saying that when Reptster came on the scene there were quite a few people in this hobby that jumped on the bandwagon pretty fast. They got screwed. Now, Reptiles Express showed up to fill a void left by SYR. To my knowledge, Brendan does not have very much history in the hobby, and I see a bunch of people jumping on a whole new bandwagon without looking first.

I have also noticed that many Reptile Express compliments are accompanied by insults toward SYR. It's kinda like getting a new girl after breaking up with the old one. She's the greatest....the old one's a ....until you get to know her. I'm just not ready to move in and start wedding plans with a new chick I don't even know.

Also, can you please direct me to the thread where Robyn insults his customers and calls them liars. I'd like to check it out and see where some of the bitterness comes from. I hadn't seen or been part of that thread, and I'm interested to see what happened.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #65
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Can anyone here tell me the difference between those discussions suitable only within the BOI and those discussions that are appropriate for THIS forum?
<3 you, Rich!

Mike, I'll PM you the link.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #66
fishstick
time will tell.............im happy with REXPRESS, thus far, while you guys are arguing the fine print ,im shipping reptiles.............set up , cake, customer service, outstanding, I have talked with brendon personnaly, and I cant be happier.

my 2 cents

Old 07-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #67
Skiploder
I'm Fedex certified so I think I'll wait and see how this pans out.

This hobby seems to attract more than it's share of con artists and deals gone bad. Having dealt in tropical fish and SCCA car racing I can honestly say that the reptile hobby has gotten much more than it's fair share of shady characters.

No knock on ReptilesExpress and their owners, but given what occurred with Repster and SYR I'm going to hedge my bets and pass at this time.

On the plus side - it makes no difference whether or not they are showing their waiver to the general public or their paid members - the fact is that if ONE person outside of the owners have seen it, that's still ONE more person that saw the SYR waiver.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that this pans out. It's always nice to have more than one or two options - so I'll optimistically keep my eye on how this progresses.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #68
coldbloodedcages
I dont think we "dangle the chance to see their snake shipping waiver". We have stated we have one because of the hype with the mysterious "UPS snake waiver" and because everyone was asking for it. I think we have much more to offer then shipping snakes. Did we rush to go public because of the current situation with SYR. Without question. What kind of business owner would I be if I did not jump on this opportunity ASAP. I think we have much more to offer then shipping snakes. We offer a lower price to ship all reptiles not just snakes. We make our own shipping boxes (labeled correctly) and bags (best bag on the market). As far as my history in the hobby. I have been in the hobby for only 18 years. Making cages and breeding all type of animals. I have worked for some of largest animal importers and started in the hobby in one of the best reptile stores in the business. I have been a member of Fauna for about 1 year and you will not find anything negative, only positive post about me and my company Cold Blooded. I also do have 2 partners with ReptilesExpress that make my 18 years in the business look like I am a new born. Most of you probably know my partners or have done business with there companies in the past. We are not here to sign up everyone to use our service. We only want the people that will be responsible in our industry. I have never bashed SYR. I had a SYR account and have used them to ship animals (until they found out we had started working on RE and they canceled my account) and never had a problem with them. It is unfortunate we have the type of people that would be so careless and possibly destroy our hobby by shipping a Cobra with SYR and UPS. I would hope Chad is going after the idiot that did that for every penny in loss SYR has seen because of the actions of that shipper. You think we have problems with a potential Snake Ban now? I will freely answer any ones concerns. Look we will make mistakes and we will have problems. UPS is not perfect but we will do our best to solve any problems that come up.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #69
WingedWolf
I don't want to sound as if I'm bashing the new company in any way--I just want to know that my sensitive information is going to be handled appropriately, and safeguarded.

By the way, a question--can standard Superior Enterprises shipping boxes be used with your service?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #70
coldbloodedcages
It is pretty standard now for all online companies to keep your CC information. Most of the security features now a days work very well. In our site we can only see the last 4 numbers of your CC. The first 12 and your site password are encrypted from everyone except the person that set up the account. We require a CC to be on file for 2 reasons: 1 - we use the card to verify you are who you say you are. This is done with the CC company and no personal info is released. Your name and billing address is verified. 2nd reason is if UPS checks your package and the info on the label does not match your box specs, you will be charged the difference. Same thing SYR does. Make sure you have your box info correct and this will never be a problem. Get a scale, dont guess on how much your box weights and measure the box dimensions correctly. Superior boxes are fine to ship with they meet all box standards. They are not labeled correctly for reptile shipments. Make sure you add "Live Harmless Reptile" and the common and scientific names to the outside of the box.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!