Info New reptile shipper that utilises UPS - Reptiles Express - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #71
WebSlave
OK gang, since this is actually ABOUT a particular company and not really about shipping in general, this discussion needs to be in the BOI. But it is not properly formatted. With that in mind, I will edit the topic line to include "Reptile Express" and move it to the BOI where it appears to belong.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #72
timebider
I contacted Reptiles Express this morning for more info. about shipping snakes. The e-mail response I received from Sam (very promptly, BTW) informed me that the company is ONLY shipping within Canada. Not from Canada to the States, or vice versa. Sam said they hope to expand to the U.S. in about a year from now. So, for me at least, that renders the discussion moot.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #73
coldbloodedcages
Lynn, The company you contacted is ReptileExpress.com in Canada. Our website is ReptilesExpress.com (with an S). There is also a Reptile-Express.com in the UK.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #74
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post
Lynn, The company you contacted is ReptileExpress.com in Canada. Our website is ReptilesExpress.com (with an S). There is also a Reptile-Express.com in the UK.
Yikes. I see that being a nightmare.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #75
coldbloodedcages
ReptileExpress.com in Canada. Does not do online shipping or labels. They are like a UPS store for reptiles. You bring your reptile to there store, they pack it and ship it out.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #76
timebider
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Yikes. I see that being a nightmare.
Indeed; it definitely got me! I'm going to correct my mistake and look up Reptiles Express for more information, but just imagine a year from now if Reptile Express does expand to the U.S. Those of us who already exist in a state of constant confusion might be in trouble!

Old 07-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #77
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post
I dont think we "dangle the chance to see their snake shipping waiver". We have stated we have one because of the hype with the mysterious "UPS snake waiver" and because everyone was asking for it. I think we have much more to offer then shipping snakes. Did we rush to go public because of the current situation with SYR. Without question. What kind of business owner would I be if I did not jump on this opportunity ASAP. I think we have much more to offer then shipping snakes. We offer a lower price to ship all reptiles not just snakes. We make our own shipping boxes (labeled correctly) and bags (best bag on the market). As far as my history in the hobby. I have been in the hobby for only 18 years. Making cages and breeding all type of animals. I have worked for some of largest animal importers and started in the hobby in one of the best reptile stores in the business. I have been a member of Fauna for about 1 year and you will not find anything negative, only positive post about me and my company Cold Blooded. I also do have 2 partners with ReptilesExpress that make my 18 years in the business look like I am a new born. Most of you probably know my partners or have done business with there companies in the past. We are not here to sign up everyone to use our service. We only want the people that will be responsible in our industry. I have never bashed SYR. I had a SYR account and have used them to ship animals (until they found out we had started working on RE and they canceled my account) and never had a problem with them. It is unfortunate we have the type of people that would be so careless and possibly destroy our hobby by shipping a Cobra with SYR and UPS. I would hope Chad is going after the idiot that did that for every penny in loss SYR has seen because of the actions of that shipper. You think we have problems with a potential Snake Ban now? I will freely answer any ones concerns. Look we will make mistakes and we will have problems. UPS is not perfect but we will do our best to solve any problems that come up.
Thank you for clearing up your history. Could you tell us who your partners are?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #78
WingedWolf
I assume it is permitted to put 'more information under shipping label', and place the species name, common name, and number on a separate document inside of the plastic shipping label pouch. (This is what I've been doing in order to comply with the Lacey Act).

The information you're giving is reassuring.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #79
Allee Toler
I put 92117 to 32750 (Ca to Fl) and SYR was $42.88, Reptile Express was $37.38.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #80
six3sin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
This isn't about SYR. SYR never provided proof of a snake shipping waiver and claim that their hidden waiver was revoked because of an ill-responsible shipper. No proof of that has ever been provided by them either.

If you would kindly read what has been posted here, on Cornsnakes.com and the ReptilesEXPRESS website...You would have some of this information you are requesting. It was clearly posted that a copy of the waiver is provided to verified shippers. Have you signed up and gone through the verification process?
It isnt about SYR but it is infact about using the same shipping company. You mention SYR never showed a waiver, well..reptilesexpres hasnt either. should i have to give up my personal information and credit card number just to se if they in fact do have a waiver? no i nor anyone else should have to. oh, and btw, giving me bad karma for not giving my cc and personal information to a new company before im allowed to see a waiver is rather childish and lame. i'm sure you abuse that feature often dont you?.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!