About the BOI and it's future here... - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #91
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyRare View Post
Ok, I have to ask this..so what if i contributed, and he ends up shutting it down after all this..would I get my money back or...what?

I'd hate to pay money that I don't really have to pay atm, to pay for something so in a few months it goes away neways. I'm money tight and manage my money very well, and this is something I take into consideration. So just wondering. I read threw out this thread and a lot of ppl make some very good points. I agree with Rick's point as I understand fully, as well as I understand what a lot of other ppl are saying about the real basis of the BOI is. So it kinda leaves you stuck like a tick in a hot spot or something ya know.

Neways..
-Sonnie

The BOI would Remain open for paid members after it closes publicly, until those paid memberships Expired.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #92
TrulyRare
That's what I thought..but was hoping for a different answer.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #93
Mooing Tricycle
People either want to keep the BOI around because it is important to them, and they see it is important for this business and so that it remains Open to EVERYONE, or people DONT care and are too selfish ( some, not all, some just cant afford it ) to help one of the best tools in this industry.

Theres no question about it, Rich is right that others who attempt this feat will be hard pressed to actually withstand a lawsuit. Lets go people. There is NO QUESTION. You either want the BOI to remain or it WILL close... Giving the bad guys we have outed, a SECOND CHANCE.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #94
TrulyRare
Hence why ..it's just another flop into a already crashing hobby with all the "new laws" they are trying to press...now the theives and scum have a second round without any warning. I came here when I first wanted to buy my first animal online to look for the person and even ended up dating him..(weird i know)..but...it did help me..and it did stress me for a few weeks over something that happened. So..I'm on both fence posts...I want it to stay..because I can use it and it is helpful, and is it worth the lawsuit risk that he faces every day?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #95
Wolfy-hound
In my mind, even if the BOI closed, it's still worth it to me to donate what I can, becuase Rich has put SO much into it, it's not like he doesn't deserve the boost. Think of how long it's been up and helping people. Look at how many posts there's been made, and how many folks it's helped.

$25 is two fairly cheap meals out. It's the price of a decent pizza.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #96
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Members will need to maintain the Contributions every year for the site to remain. It's not a once and done deal.
If that is the case, I guess I did miss something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
The BOI would Remain open for paid members after it closes publicly, until those paid memberships Expired.
Obviously, there are some different interpretations of what what has been said...Rich?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #97
TrulyRare
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
If that is the case, I guess I did miss something.

Obviously, there are some different interpretations of what what has been said...Rich?
yea that's why I asked as well...

Old 08-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #98
leezard
HOw long does it take for a paid membership to show up on your profile? I paid on... Friday, I think it was....

Old 08-21-2009, 01:44 AM   #99
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezard View Post
HOw long does it take for a paid membership to show up on your profile? I paid on... Friday, I think it was....
It depends. Did you do it under subscriptions in your user CP? If you used a echeck with PayPal it takes longer to clear.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #100
spawn
Members will need to maintain the Contributions every year for the site to remain. It's not a once and done deal.

I don't get it - the contributions are to fund lawsuit defenses. If Rich doesn't get sued, yet theoretically accrues enough funds for a deemable legal defence, why do we need to continue contributing if he has not yet exhausted those contributions yet?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!