Evolution and venomous snakes: Diet distinguishes look-alikes on two continents - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #41
mikoh4792
If you don't accept the current model of evolution, how do you propose the life forms came to be how they are today?

What do you have to say about all the extinct species of plants and animals(including dinosaurs)? Did they all coexist with humans and other species in existence today?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #42
kanozig
Q:

"if you don't accept the current model of evolution, how do you propose the life forms came to be how they are today?"

A: They were created.

Q: "What do you have to say about all the extinct species of plants and animals(including dinosaurs)?"

A: Not much, other then they do not exist anymore, just like how many species are on the brink of extinction now.

Q: "Did they all coexist with humans and other species in existence today? "

Did who all coexist? Dinosaurs? If that is your question, I cannot answer that. Whether they did or not I doubt has much relevance to my beliefs or to this topic, nor does the first or second question!

I try to live by two fundamental beliefs. Facts and Faith. If anyone does not agree with that, well, that is just too bad I guess?

My initial posting was to help point out just because two snakes are in different parts of the world and both are similar and different does not prove they are evolving...

This discussion is done and pointless for me at this point. no one can prove one true case of evolution to me. I am wanting to leave and drop this thread. If other atheists, evolutionary people, scientologists, or people with some beliefs want to continue on, have at it.

I made my case and it has yet to be truly challenged or proven wrong. Asking questions about my beliefs of dinosaurs with humans is silly and sounds like some lame attempt to trap me into another 4 page conversation/ arguement.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #43
mikoh4792
How do you know life was created and not evolved/evolving?

Living by facts and faith is a bit oxymoronic. Faith is belief without evidence, so if you live by facts, you do not live by faith.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:55 AM   #44
kanozig
I know life was created by faith. I know evolution is bogus because there are no facts. Oxymoron? if you say so, But my faith is not based on science, its based on a higher power.

because I choose not to believe my linage came from monkeys is my problem. and whatever you want to believe is yours.

In ending... there will always be division in this conversation. name calling ( which you have not done personally) will only provoke more division and hatred. Also not excepting other peoples opinions and respecting other peoples views will cause division. Faith is not entirely based on facts, but then again neither is evolution. It takes faith to believe in evolution, because there are no solid facts, and though I disagree with this belief, if its what you choose to believe, On some levels I respect your decision, just not on a personal level.

Im sure religion and evolution arguments get started on many forums through out the web. and none are more closer to having solutions or conclusions. If you would like to present factual evidence of one species completely evolving into another, go ahead. Otherwise it would be like me wasting my breath trying to convince you Mohammad was a prophet of allah, or Shiva is the god of destruction. I am sure you are just as likely to reject these comments just as I am to reject a man came from "a monkey that was not a monkey but if we saw it we would call it a monkey"

The belief in evolution is alot like mass religion. its all mostly based on a big lie with no real facts to back it up. That is my opinion. Its a free country still in the USA and if you live here, you have a right to believe in whatever you want.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #45
mikoh4792
This doesn't need to be a debate about atheism and theism. I'm only focused on your assertion that evolution is not the process of life. No trouble here, just civil disagreement and discussion. Such a thing is possible without insults and name calling(as you've said).

I just don't see how your argument for life being created is any more plausible or valid than the current model of evolution in mainstream science. What does your theory of life have over the theory of evolution? Have you even studied evolution?

Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 AM   #46
kanozig
I agree name calling is childish, and yes I was called names by other persons in this forum. I too did call this person a name, a hypocrite, because what he accused me of is something that he himself did.

I am really not here to argue my idea of life being created. Yes you are correct, the "current model" of evolution is just as plausible as creation (if you say so) they are BOTH faith based. Period.

There are THOUSANDS of facts in the Torah, Quran, Bible, Book of satan, Holy book of Hinduism, and probably all science based books. Im sure there are facts in science based evolution. But its based on a theory and more over it has not been proven.

I came on here to discuss One topic... The TOPIC in THIS headline. the snakes from a different continent, who are both snakes, similar but different that have "evolved"

This isnt about men or monkeys, nor dinosuars

It is about two snakes
two continents

and... evolution.

So.... If they are "evolving"..... can it be proven? NO.....

Why? Because they are still "evolving".... and....

UNTIL one TURNS into a different species... which it hasnt (Dont hold your breath)

THEN IT HAS NOT EVOLVED. Period... That is just common since...

True evolution is when one species EVOLVES into ANOTHER. Have you studied evolution?

I do not care if there are 10 or so finches with different beaks, or if a rattle snake lacks a rattler.... This is not evolution.

Like I said before. Evolution and mass religion are two of the same. Both based on a lie with lack of solid facts.

And if you believe you came from a monkey
, then you are not a credible perosn in my view and I would like to consider this conversion over, at least until the next person comes along in a week or so.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #47
mikoh4792
I don't think any person with an understanding of evolution would think they came from a monkey. Humans and monkeys share a common ancestor, so in other words humans and monkeys "came" from similar origins.

I would say there are overwhelming pieces of evidence in support of evolution from epigenetics, to the fossil record, the human genome...etc. On the contrary I've never actually been presented evidence for the theory of creation.

You don't need to consider me a credible person, I'm just skeptical of your assertions that have thus far not been substantiated with evidence. You did come here and post on a public thread about evolution that evolution is wrong. If you can't support your theory of creation, why should it be taken anymore seriously than evolution?

Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #48
kanozig
Well, you still haven't answered the two snake question, nor have you given me a example of one species evolving into another. This can go on and on, and we are about to create a page 6 on this subject.

Here is something I copied and pasted from intelligentdesigntheory.info

Beliefs of Evolution

Science, testable, measurable, observable and repeatable things that we know about the earth and the universe indicate that

"*There is absolutely no evidence that Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection proves change of species.

*That aliens created billions of species on earth is not credible. What then, created the aliens?

*Whales did not evolve from dogs.

*Human ears did not evolve from fish gills, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Human lungs did not evolve from fish gills, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*There is absolutely no evolution evidence that life is an accident.

*Evolution does not explain life, consciousness, intelligence or thoughts.

*Because of this, modern Charles Darwin's theory of evolution evidence is not entirely credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Nuclear decay of Radioactive isotopes has some serious flaws in the dating process.

*Uniform decay of radioisotopes has been disproved by Creation Science.

*The Big Bang is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*That electrons and protons came from nowhere is difficult to believe, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Black holes are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Time dilation is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Einstein warping of space and space contraction are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*The existence of negative mirror universes is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured

*That the creation of cells, DNA molecules and galaxies evolved by accident is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*That life began in a methane, ammonia and carbon dioxide atmosphere is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Your twin brother travelling at the speed of light and aging less is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured..

*That particles pop in and out of the universe at random is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Stars travelling faster than the speed of light as a result of the Big Bang or any other reason is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*The distance between galaxies at the limits of the universe is the same as they are everywhere. Therefore, the universe may not be expanding

*Red shift of light due to velocity and not gas and dust in space is not credible.

*That the speed of light is a constant is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*The Heisenberg uncertainty principle is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Quantum tunnelling is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Spontaneous punctuated equilibrium is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*The theory of relativity is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Antimatter as a result of black holes is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.

*Photons are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured."

Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #49
kanozig
Like Ive said before, humans becoming more and more overweight and obese.... I guess that could just be simply from evolution if you believe we all came from a ancestor monkey that wasn't a monkey but looked like a monkey, then maybe its possible that the overall trend in obesity WORLDWIDE is simply because..... The air and soil is too polluted and we are going to return to the oceans soon and become whales?!?

I mean.... its possible right?

Besides, if two persons procreate and make a child... what is that called? Evolution?

I think when two humans, a male and female, have intercourse, they can CREATE another human...

If you want to argue the few cases of CHILDREN with tails or extra fingers, extra limbs, missing eyes and eye sockets, or other deformities and tell me they are "evolving"

Well, I would just say, most those deformities are due to pollution, radiation, lack of nutrients, etc.... These helpless kids are not evolving... they are simply deformed.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #50
kanozig
The structure of the atoms was not an accident.

Gravity is not an accident.

The rotating earth is not an accident.

The electron and proton are not accidents.

The structure and distribution of chemicals are no accident.

The unique properties of water are no accident.

Photosynthesis is not an accident.

Symbiotic relationships in nature are not an accident.

For all of the conditions for life on earth to exist because of the water molecule is not an accident.

Micronutrients are not an accident.

DNA is not an accident.

The organs and anatomy of humans and animals are not accidents.
Reproduction is not an accident.

Animal miracles and plant miracles are no accident

Consciousness, intelligence and thoughts are not an accident.

Sight, hearing, taste, smell and feeling are not accidents.

Cell division into different components of plants and animals is not an accident.

Climate of the earth is not an accident.

The complexity of cells and DNA molecules is not an accident.

The moon is not an accident.

The sun is not an accident

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!