Not good in Wisconsin - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #31
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
Well where is the evidence? Its just he said she said without any REAL proof plain and simple.
Read the Criminal Report. There is plenty of what I would call proof in there. She had obviously been to both houses, and her reasons for not reporting it sooner were in there as well, and they kind of make sense.

I agree, its too soon to judge but before declaring someone a liar at least read the whole report

Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #32
joepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
Read the Criminal Report. There is plenty of what I would call proof in there. She had obviously been to both houses, and her reasons for not reporting it sooner were in there as well, and they kind of make sense.

I agree, its too soon to judge but before declaring someone a liar at least read the whole report
Aww cmon if my girlfriend broke down crying after staying somewhere overnight i would find out why she was crying RIGHT THEN not later.I would then go pound the life out of the person who hurt her.I would NOT allow it to go for 3 months without anything being done.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #33
Southern Wolf
Quote:
So she was supposable raped in Feb then 3 months to report it .I say bullcrap made up story
I have a friend that was raped years ago... and to this day probably hasn't reported it to the cops.

Just because they wait doesn't mean bull crap. Until you have been there... or had a very close friend that has been thru it.... do be so quick to judge.

With what my friend told me (which was not alot).... her attacker wouldnt have left behind any DNA and was masked.. therefore she didnt want to re-live it again. I honestly dont know if I was able to get thru to her and get her to report it. I wont bring it up unless she does.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #34
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Aww cmon if my girlfriend broke down crying after staying somewhere overnight i would find out why she was crying RIGHT THEN not later.I would then go pound the life out of the person who hurt her.I would NOT allow it to go for 3 months without anything being done.
You may think you will find out RIGHT THEN... but let me assure you... .you wont.

If it is one thing I have learned.... That act brings a feeling of shame... and they are not likely to open up. Even when she decided to open up to me... she asked me NOT to tell her best and closest friend (which was a female). The fact that she was willing to talk at all about the situation took some prodding on my part for a very long time. I knew something was wrong... but she wasnt telling.

Once she did open up... .all I could do was try to comfort her.... let me tell ya.... that was a rocky night and I hope I never know anyone else that ends up in that situation.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #35
StrictlyExotics
Okay, for awhile I have tried to stay out of this thread due to some horrible accusations as well as some other reasons.

I want to comment on the "rape" issue.

Coming from my own personal experience, most people dont report rape right after it happens. It takes more than you can even imagine believing that YOU didnt do something to bring it on. TRUST ME, I know.

As a kid, I was mollested, "raped", by a so-called family friend. The only reason it was NOT considered rape was because it started before I was 12 yrs old. It went on for THREE years before anyone knew anything about it. NO ONE suspected a thing.

You say that you would know but honestly, how could you unless they straight up tell you. You think you have MORE of a connection with a girlfriend, or boyfriend, than a parent? I am not belittling how you feel about the case whatsoever.

Unfortunately, there seems to be more than one victim in this situation. And, I dont necessarily mean the accuser themself. For one, the dogs. Two, the reptiles. Three, the mammals. Sure, Mr Cullen will have his day in court and he will be able to face his accuser, however, the animals will never be able to cross-examine Mr Cullen.

I am not saying that Mr Cullen is not innocent. In my eyes, a jury of his peers will hopefully make the right decisions throughout his case. He is also presumed innocent until proven guilty. But please, just because you may (or may not) know him, lets not judge hastily on him or the accuser.

Sorry if I got a little too personal as I dont talk about my life very much. I just hate seeing when someone cries rape, they become the accused. Happened to me as my parents friends took the side of the predator in my case EVEN AFTER he did it to five other boys just because he was a supposed "pillar of the community".

Old 06-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #36
StrictlyExotics
Just to give a little more tidbit on my particular case...

In 1987, the man who did this to me was sentenced to 12 yrs, 8 yrs with good behavior. To this day, he is STILL behind bars It took me three years to report it, and 2 years to get the verdict.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #37
kmarsh
Dean, I am very sorry for what happened to you and beleive me there are so many out there that have been through this and not talked about it. I too share that history. Which is all the more reason I went back and reread the complaint again. There are just alot of peices that dont make sense to it. As I said before hopefully it will come out in trial because from reading what I read it didnt seem cut and dry at all. 3 dinners for interviews and one of them being 4-5 hours with her mother waiting?When was the last time any of us had that kind of inteviews. Telling your sexual stuff about being sexually abused by her father to a stranger over a interview? I know people that have been married that never talked about their sexual past. A cell phone and texting boyfriend with out even a word but broke down the minute she got out of the car? All cell phones dial 911. A good defense lawyer will tear this to shreads so the only recourse it seems is the loss of the animals and how that all will play out. The animal issues will be more of the issue and not the accusations of rape, I bet.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #38
MiIguanaLvr
I want to make it clear that I have never said, nor thought, it was cut and dried. I just took offense to Joe calling her a liar because it was not reported right away. Considering that he apparently has never been in a situation like this before, I just felt he was being very cold and callus towards the supposed victim.
I hope that in the end there is a satisfactory answer for all involved and IF Mr. Cullen did sexually assault this woman, I sure hope he pays for that.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #40
StrictlyExotics
Some horrible and almost unbelievable pictures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!