Pageant hopefuls decapitate, skin snakes at Rattlesnake Roundup - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #31
redhood23
most animal rights groups don't care about snakes. We need to start a new one. I am going to start one up called P.A.R.T. It will stand for "People Against Reptile Torture". How can I start one?

Old 03-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #32
HecticLifeReptiles
I'm not sure, to be honesthow toucan start your organization. it is notthat organizations aren't aware of these sick events, some chose not to get involved because they believe if it doesn't have fur then it's not an "animal" however, I know PETA is not that way as they are the main org. that flipped over those school kids eating n regarding live goldfish to impress their friends!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #33
Reptidude100
Snakes are evil, vile, and repulsive. I hate all snakes. Well, all but one of them. Yes, there is one (and only one) type of snake that I will tolerate, in fact, my love for this snake could even be called obsessive. While all other snakes I despise with every fiber of my being, this one lone snake I absolutely cherish. What could it be?

It's a LIVE snake!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #34
Reptidude100
Oops, accidentally paste my new sig in there and pressed post...

Anyway, what I ment to say is that these roundups are complete ecological idiocy and intolerable animal cruelty, wrapped up together into an inbred hick festival that desperately needs to be abolished.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #35
Reptidude100
Too bad you can't delete or edit your posts on here

Old 03-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #36
wcreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptidude100 View Post
Too bad you can't delete or edit your posts on here
You can edit your own posts in discussion forums with a paid membership at the "Contributor" level. Membership supports the site and you do your part to keep the FaunaClassifieds running.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

Old 03-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #37
Reptidude100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptidude100 View Post
PETA hasn't ever said one word about roundups that I'm aware of...
UPDATE: just found this.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #38
Reptidude100
Found this little gem in the comments...

Quote:
Texas Gal commented: 3-15-2011 4:03 PM

Sorry ya'll I have lived in Texas for over 50 years and this has gone on longer than that and is not going to change anytime soon. It is the only way to control the snake population. As a peta supporter I do not agree with the "show", but if something is not done West Texas would be over run with deadly snakes.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #39
redhood23
That is bs, texas is not and will not be over run with snakes. It is over run with dumb rednecks that like to kill everything they see. I have lived here for three years, without looking for rattlers I have only seen 2. these peopel don't kill them for protection, they do it for fun. They will even tell you that. I wish it would stop but due to texas being part of the bible belt and most of the people here are uber religious, they think of snakes as a sign of the devil. They think by killing an innocent creature that is just trying to survive they are doing "god's work". I think it is bs all the way.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #40
IGUANITOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
most animal rights groups don't care about snakes. We need to start a new one. I am going to start one up called P.A.R.T. It will stand for "People Against Reptile Torture". How can I start one?
thats a good idea id be the 1st member

but really we should do somthing about this atleast try

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!