Escaped snake kills two children in New Brunswick - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #21
KORBIN5895
Well here is a sad turn. The Department of Natural resources actually gave him the snake 10 years ago when they confiscated it from someone else.......

Also it was a long weekend here in New Brunswick and the owner may have been a bit tanked and never heard anything. ( complete speculation)

Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
KORBIN5895
Also no word from either of my contacts.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
KORBIN5895
Pics of the children.....

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/...icle-1.1419888

Old 08-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
JColt
Jay BRewer owner of prehistoric pets is going to be on Cnn tonight to talk about it. No time frame.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #25
Arachno
The less media coverage this gets, the better.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #26
JColt
Brewer is on cnn's New day this morning 6-9 EST & 3-6 Pacific. Not last night.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #27
KORBIN5895
A guy I now on another forum will be on fox news this Saturday.

http://www.jerrythesnakeman.com/

Old 08-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #28
AbsoluteApril
Jerry (snakeman) is a great guy (I know him from an amazon tree boa forum) and should be a good voice for the snake community.

I hope this incident doesn't simply become more fodder for anti-keeping legislation but it seems inevitable.
Sad and tragic that this happened.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
von Putz
Every article I've read, has "ban the snakes" comments. Most people seem to view this as proof that snakes are evil and should never be kept. Then there are a few nuts who segue into the "no one should keep any pet,period"

But I still can't shake the unhappy feeling that we haven't heard everything. Why were the two boys alone in the living room, but their friend (who they were having the sleepover with) was in the same room as the father. Why has the owner's story changed, from it was downstairs, to it was in a cage in the upstairs apartment. I don't like where my suspicions are headed, but I seen to many cases where the animal gets blamed, only to discover the owners were covering something hinky up.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
JColt
A message from founder Jay Brewer regarding his televised interview this morning:

Quote:
"Those poor children! I cannot imagine loosing two of my kids, but I would want to know the TRUTH! All of it. I would want to know why there was no bites, no blood, & no trauma?

Reports said at first Savoie tried to wake the boys, why would you think they would wake up? Because they looked like they were asleep with eyes closed.

Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer. It leaves no bite marks, no blood, & no trauma. Comes from ventilation pipes (which were broken by the pythons escape) and goes to the lowest points in the room... the floor were the kids where sleeping.

Also the preliminary autopsies came back as asphyxiation again pointing away from the python. Harry Greene professor and snake expert at Cornell University explains "constrictors do not kill by asphyxiation" and Brad Chambers further details "snakes kill by a catastrophic spike in blood pressure and cardio pulmonary failure"

Too much suggesting something different happened! Why are these questions not being answered by the news? Why is the information being withheld? Is it possible the story would no longer be sensational?

Last night I thought I would have the opportunity to share these FACTS along with the many others that make this terrible incident questionable and try to show the normal characteristics of pythons.

After all our company Prehistoric Pets has had million of safe and educational interactions with children. This is COMPLETELY out of character for these snakes.

Unfortunately I was not given the chance from CNN. Instead of playing the over 30 minutes of responses recorded, just seconds of the interview was edited, reinterpreted, and misrepresented.

This is an EXTREMELY disappointing showing from CNN who I hoped would report on the truth instead of the narrative they would like to lead. I went on to defend not only pythons, but the TRUTH in the media.

I will no longer assume in naivety that my words will be shared in their entirety and will no longer take any pre-recorded interviews with news outlets such as these that aim to push an agenda instead of the facts."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!