Animal Records Database - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
deborahbroadus
Animal Records Database

I have been using Metzcal for 3 years without a problem. I just lost all the information and backups didn't work the way they were supposed to.

I have the Degei software, but it is so complicated and I simply do not have the kind of time that this software needs.

Is there any other kind of software out there? If not, I probably will download Metzcal again and start from scratch since I haven't found anything less complicated out there.

(don't suggest pencil and paper as some joker did...I am not nickle and diming it.)

Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
I use Degei myself. It does have a learning curve, but as I have told others in the past, if you'll just give it a few weeks, it it actually an easy program to use.
When I first got it, I didn't like it and just left it for a month or so. Then I decided to give it an honest effort, and within a month I was used to it.
When the rack ops feature was added it made it a truly useful program. I can update the feeding records of any number of snakes all at once with just 3 or 4 mouse clicks.

I can't recommend any other software as Degei is the only program I have ever used. Prior to that I used excel spreadsheets, which were time consuming to use and before that (pre computer days) I used notebooks.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
deborahbroadus
ahhhh! I guess I'll have to give it an "honest" effort because I was cheating before!

Seriously, I may have no other option since I have paid for the Degei software and have to start over again anyway.

Thanks for the answer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!