Animal Plastics Caging..Have u ever seen this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
cris78
Exclamation Animal Plastics Caging..Have u ever seen this?

Animal Plastics makes a custom Bearded Dragon cage. I bought one about 2 yrs ago. I have my beardie in it(of course). I use a Megaray uv 100 watt bulb. The fixture plug is already installed you only have to screw your bulb in. Beardies need a baskin spot or aroun 110 degrees. It has ventilation screens on the side. Well on the top of the cage from the heat from the bulb is melting the top leaving a brown spot. I dont have anything stacked on it. I never spilt and liquid on it. This is a fire hazard b/c the wires run right through to the inside of the cage. Has anyone ever seen this? Animal Plastics makes wonderful cages which is why i bought it plus I have another beardie cage which i housed a boa in, but was planning to put another beardie in.

I also bought thier largest Arboreal cage for 550%..I was planning to use it for my Iggie. I am relucant b/c of this..I have spent about 2000% for these cages and would HATE to have to get rid of them.

I am going to call them tomorrow and tell them what is going on.

Any ideas?
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
hhmoore
Cristina,
I've temporarily closed this thread...Please check for my PM in a few minutes.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
hhmoore
I'm not going to be around long enough to await your response, so I reopened it and will address my concern here.

My thought is that, as posted, this really isn't a BOI issue. You bought a cage 2 yrs ago, and have been happy with it...until seeing some heat discoloration and possibly some melting. While they are very valid issues, I can't help but feel that this post would be more appropriate in the caging or consumer reports forums. I'm not moving it AT THIS TIME, in part because you stated you will be contacting them...so rather than have you start a new thread with their response, I'll leave this one open.

And, from the non-moderator me - I am curious.......just what is it you expect them to do about heat damage to a 2 yr old cage?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
cris78
I was happy w/ it..but this is an expensive cage that should not have heat discoloration..and is more than that..its also kinda concaving in..its melting..

Im just wondering after buying a custom cage, I have to replace it after 2 yrs? Plus its a BEARDIE custom cage ..should this be happening even after 2 yrs?? I should just toss it? and I have another..and the huge one for my iggy which was so much money that now I dont want to use, never opened.. As far as what do i expect them to do/ I dunno..mabey this has happened to them before. Im not bashing them..I bought so many b/c of thier quailty.

has anyone ever seen this this w/ any cage I guess was my ques?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
cris78
btw i pd 395$ plus shipping..totally bummed

Old 01-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #6
Bill & Amy
What watt bulb are you using in it?

Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
cris78
mega ray 100watt

Old 01-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cris78 View Post
mega ray 100watt
Maybe you should get ahold of them before going much farther with this.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
cris78
yea i am..I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone..

Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
John Q Reptiles
I think your post is totally inappropriate. The BOI is where people come to find about a breeder, seller, manufacturer, etc. Both good and bad experiences should be shared. What's really wrong with your post is that you are having a problem with a cage. The cause has not been determined. Worst, you have not contacted Animal Plastics. Before coming here and complaining about your Animal Plastics cage why don't you contact them and talk to them about what is happening? You just might find out that they will take care of you even if it isn't their fault.
BTW - a few years back when I was working with a small group of beardies I bought a couple of very expensive bulbs. They burned out in a very short time. I called the manufacturer and found out that it was my fault. The reflector I was using was too small and resulted in excessive heat. My fault and they offered to replace the bulbs for free, including the shipping.

Animal Plastics has a very well deserved reputation for having the BEST customer service. I think you will be hard pressed to find someone that can prove otherwise.

John Quinones
aka John Q

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!