Bad Guy jason lee spearman <pitvipers@live.com> - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
ReptileAddictions
jason lee spearman <pitvipers@live.com>

The short version of the story: Jason contacted us through one of our kingsnake ads. He wanted to trade a unset purchased and later appraised diamond for some geckos.

He sent it to me, I had it checked, and in fact it was fake. He claimed ignorance after that.

Emails below. There were a few phonbe calls exchanged that fill in the gaps in the emails.

We mailed it back to him, so Beware!

--- On Wed, 1/14/09, pitvipers@live.com <pitvipers@live.com> wrote:

Subject: Message about: Marbled, White Spot, Gargoyle, Giant Bent Toe, Vorax, Fat Tail, Rough Skin, Cork Bark,Heinki, Mossys
To: dragonlady99212@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 6:30 AM

*************NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If youfeel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it toclassifieds@pethobbyist.com.NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receivelegitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised*************i have a 1 carrot diamond that i never had set.ive had it appraised and its worth more than i paid for it800$. im single again and in no need of it. id be intrested in a trio 1.2 of your vorax geckos.let me
know if your intrested in the diamondid be willing to ship first of coarse and give you time to have it appraised,and pay for the shipping of the geckos. thanks jason spearman 864-202-1746----------------------------------------------Click on (or cut and paste into you browser'slocation window) the URL below to view the ad thatthis message is in response to.http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.p...----------This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.This person may or may not be who they say they are.The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.Sent 08:30 AM, Jan 14th, 2009 from I.P. Address74.179.136.215/adsl-179-136-215.gsp.bellsouth.net

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:39:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Message about: Marbled, White Spot, Gargoyle, Giant Bent Toe, Vorax, Fat Tail, Rough Skin, Cork Bark,Heinki, Mossys
To: pitvipers@live.com

It would have been something I would have considered, but I only have one male vorax left. Sorry.

Thanks, JeaneReptile Addictions11518 East SpragueSpokane, Wa. 99206509-927-300810am-7pm pacific time www.freewebs.com/rivercityreptiles

--- On Wed, 1/14/09, jason lee spearman <pitvipers@live.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Message about: Marbled, White Spot, Gargoyle, Giant Bent Toe, Vorax, Fat Tail, Rough Skin, Cork Bark,Heinki, Mossys
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:02 AM

You have speartails? How long have you had them? Where did you get them? How old are they?

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:17:43 -0800
Subject: RE: Message about: Marbled, White Spot, Gargoyle, Giant Bent Toe, Vorax, Fat Tail, Rough Skin, Cork Bark,Heinki, Mossys

Jason, This is wendy, jeanes daughter, I just spoke to you. There are a pair here at the shop, she has more (12 for sale) at her house. I will forward you the pics of these 2.I took these during the day today, so they arnt fired up at all. The female is a pretty red. She has had most of these about a year. They were wc juvis and maybe some cb. They came in real small about this time last year from ***** madagascar shipment . They are adult size now. Alot of them have been laying eggs.But there is no way we would know which ones. They are housed in groups.

Thanks, JeaneReptile Addictions11518 East SpragueSpokane, Wa. 99206509-927-300810am-7pm pacific time www.freewebs.com/rivercityreptiles

--- On Fri, 1/16/09, jason lee spearman <pitvipers@live.com> wrote:

Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 9:12 AM

how are you this morning?, i hope all is well.
i sent the diamond off this morning the tracking # is
eh 618750417 us
that was sent via usps
let me know as soon as you get it
could you let me know what shipping 29626 will be on the geckos?
thank you jason

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:38:00 -0800

Jason. The diamond arrived safe today. If I will drop it off at the jewlers tomm for her.

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:51:33 -0800

Jason, the "diamond" is a fake. Not even a good immitation the jewler said. That confuses me being that you said you purchased it, and then later had it appraised. I guess we arnt as dumb as you had hoped. Thanks for wasting my time.I need your address to return this immediatly. Another waste of $20.- Wendy

--- On Wed, 1/28/09, jason lee spearman <pitvipers@live.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:53 AM

I had no idea it was not real. I am sorry. I guess cancel my order then.
jason spearman
3521 whitehall rd
anderson s.c. 29626
864/202/1746
thanks

Old 02-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Nagini
Its terrible that this fell through, but one thing I'm wondering is that if he knew it was fake, why would he ship first so you can have it appraised? If he knew it was fake wouldnt he try to convince you it wasnt nessisary to appraise it?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
ReptileAddictions
He did try to convince me it was real via phone. His whole story was about a relationship gone sour, yada, yada. I think he thought we wouldnt bother, and just take him at his word. The day I got it we spoke and he was really interested in what jeweler I was taking it to.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Serafim
When you have a gem appraised They generally give out some paperwork. Do you have anything to prove the diamond was indeed fake. Kinda sounds fishy to me..

Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
ReptileAddictions
I only have the proof I mailed it back, signature required. I dont have appraisal paperwork, because there was nothing to appraise. I didnt have to pay. He looked at it, said "It's fake". Then to appease me he put a diamond tester to it wich didnt make the beep noise it is supposed to. He put that tester to a ring on his hand to show me how it beeps. And sent me on my way. No charge.

Notice he didnt try to argue otherwise that it was indeed real, or offer to provide his paperwork.

Why would I send back a real diamond

Old 02-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
hhmoore
Has Jason been notified of this thread??
Both parties posting their appraisals would definitely help sort this out...but, somehow,
Quote:
I had no idea it was not real. I am sorry. I guess cancel my order then.
jason spearman
doesn't really seem like the response of a person that had had something appraised (...at least, I know MY response would be quite a bit different in that situation )

Old 02-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokanelizardlady View Post
I only have the proof I mailed it back, signature required. I dont have appraisal paperwork, because there was nothing to appraise. I didnt have to pay. He looked at it, said "It's fake". Then to appease me he put a diamond tester to it wich didnt make the beep noise it is supposed to. He put that tester to a ring on his hand to show me how it beeps. And sent me on my way. No charge.

Notice he didnt try to argue otherwise that it was indeed real, or offer to provide his paperwork.

Why would I send back a real diamond
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't see where you had sent it back.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
genetic art
bad guy?

Hows this make me a bad guy?i think i paid $17.00 shipping over night to spokane washington .I assumed it was real.im sorry i wasted your time im sending a payment to spokane to cover your end of the shipping.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
callak
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokanelizardlady View Post
Subject: Message about: Marbled, White Spot, Gargoyle, Giant Bent Toe, Vorax, Fat Tail, Rough Skin, Cork Bark,Heinki, Mossys
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 6:30 AM

i have a 1 carrot diamond that i never had set.ive had it appraised and its worth more than i paid for it800$. im single again and in no need of it. id be intrested in a trio 1.2 of your vorax geckos.let me
know if your intrested in the diamondid be willing to ship first of coarse and give you time to have it appraised,and pay for the shipping of the geckos. thanks jason spearman 864-202-1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic art View Post
Hows this make me a bad guy?i think i paid $17.00 shipping over night to spokane washington .I assumed it was real.im sorry i wasted your time im sending a payment to spokane to cover your end of the shipping.

Notice a little inconsistency there?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
Craigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by callak View Post
Notice a little inconsistency there?

Next time before you make a deal make sure to have everything in order . With you sending first to have appraised makes it looks like you thought it was real, just don't lie and you will not look like a bad person. Just my 2 cents.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!