Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 103 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #1021
hupababy_83
Breathe Mindy. He said he wasn't trying to discredit you. It's just a legit question. Don't let your temper get the best of you.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #1022
Pink Lady Exotics
The statement regarding formalin is a generic statement on all lab reports at UF. The samples sent were blood for PCR, thus would not have been in formalin.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #1023
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Lady Exotics View Post
The statement regarding formalin is a generic statement on all lab reports at UF.
Thank you
Quote:
The samples sent were blood for PCR, thus would not have been in formalin.
Yeah - that was a rather foolish question...see - the mind DOES suffer when it doesn't get sleep. I know blood doesn't go in formalin (at least I do on most days).

Old 12-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #1024
mjcballpythons
Thank you for clearing that up, Jen. My apologies for getting snippy. I'm trying :\ lol this was a lot for me to handle.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #1025
JayBoa1372
It is always going to be a lot to handle. Pet ownership is tough and is a life long commitment. Reptiles have emergencies and need to go to the vet just as any dog, cat, bird, mammal, or even your horses. These are thing a that need to be taken into consideration before expanding a reptile collection. It's a glimpse of what animal care really is. You've got to be able to have money for each one of your animals for emergencies visits or testing that needs to be done. It ends up being a lot of money. Just take it into consideration always before adding anymore!

But again good job choosing the right path! Keep your head on straight and you'll do just fine.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #1026
Snake-Queen
Mindy, you can now breathe easy and move forward. This was a little bump in the road of life and as long as you have learned from it, you will continue to grow.

Even though you have a red X, anyone worth doing business with will at least read the first page & last page to see if the issue was resolved, which it was. Your snakes are healthy and I would have no issues buying from you if I was into BPs.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #1027
Gemma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Mindy, you can now breathe easy and move forward. This was a little bump in the road of life and as long as you have learned from it, you will continue to grow.

Even though you have a red X, anyone worth doing business with will at least read the first page & last page to see if the issue was resolved, which it was. Your snakes are healthy and I would have no issues buying from you if I was into BPs.

You're still young, Mindy; you have a lot of time to work on your reputation now that this issue has been put to rest. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Old 12-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #1028
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Guess I get to be the one to interrupt the clicklet-gathering festivities with a little reality. She's done nothing more than eventually follow through with something she'd already falsely claimed to have done. Having apparently pulled a couple of empty buckets from a pond, she's confident in thinking that that supports the idea that it's completely devoid of fish. Maybe it is; but considering how lax her precautions have been, who knows what may have already been sent out to some unsuspecting buyer. It didn't take very many of her posts for me to realize that the disease aspect wasn't necessarily the most important consideration. Even if we are to take the results as meaning that her and Andy's collection is disease-free; her own words and attitude still justify her being labeled as a Bad Guy - even though this thread was titled as an Inquiry, with no "red X."

All things considered, I don't think that there's anything particularly laudable about much of anything she's done. Belated, frantic self-preservation just doesn't seem very heroic to me. As far as I can tell, she's still aligned with the same enablers; still the same arrogant kid that she was when this thread started. I think she still sees herself as a victim. Let's not pretend that some profound revelation led her to muster up some act-right - she simply took the only viable route that would end in retaining some vague sense of credibility. In my mind, "anyone worth doing business with," will realize that there's much more to any story than just the beginning and ending. I'd counter that with my belief that anyone who really gave a damn about keeping the "community" safe, will refrain from heaping praise where it's not even slightly deserved - recognizing that a single correct choice doesn't undo all of the lousy ones that led up to it. It just shows that she finally realized that she had put herself into a corner.

With so many dealers out there who have no interest in playing their little games, I think it'd be fairly foolish to waste time on her and Andy. As if there's a sudden shortage of those who decide to try their luck at cashing in on the BP market. Is it really in anyone's best interests to encourage people who can't seem to see past opportunities for self-aggrandizement and dollar signs?

If you want to praise her for finally deciding to follow through on a single facet of this situation, go ahead. But this lovefest is, IMO, going way too far. Get a grip, people. I don't think that this qualifies as the feel-good Xmas miracle that some seem to be looking for.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #1029
BillZ
Well said!

Old 12-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #1030
ShadowAceD
Dan, seriously, just shut up.

All of your frilly wordiness and over usage of synonyms do nothing to further anything in this thread.

She made mistakes. Many people do (you have). She is trying to correct them. If a person makes a reasonable effort to fix something, even when it is simply the right thing to do, then you need to give them the chance to continue that path. Refusing to lend them such courtesy just shows you have no desire to see them correct anything.

There is nothing wrong with telling someone you are glad they are moving in the right direction, but, please, by all means, continue your lame attempts to reignite the thread when there is absolutely no need for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!