Banned by Pruett - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
kozmo02
Banned by Pruett

I never realized what a criminal Bobby Pruett is until someone linked me over to this site and I read all the horror stories about him and his little friends ruining the reptile hobby with every move they make.

I was recently banned from the Rhacodactylus Network along with one other person with the username: Wgusto

For those of you who don't know, Bobby Pruett runs the Rhacodactylus Network. Below are the details:

well here's the story. a person made a post asking which books are the best, and immediately bpruett and a few others just started bashing the new vosjoli book, and they praise the Henkel book, now the Henkel book has been out of print for years and is next to impossible to find now, so that doesn't do anyone any good to recommend that book.

so then i asked bobby pruett why he thought the book was no good. and he started saying that vosjoli is a punk, that his animals are mutts, that his collection is worm infested, etc. so me and wgusto put him on the spot with several questions, because he didn't seem to have any reason or proof to why he was saying the things he said, so he had one friend that had a bad experience with vosjoli overall, and he was bashing vosjoli pretty bad.

he also claims that the vosjoli, fast, repashy book is simply a marketing book to sell their crested diets and market their hybrids, i doubt that is why they wrote it, but hey, if i product of my own i would probably try to plug it in my book too, i don't see anything wrong with that.

so anyhow, after me and wgusto went back and forth with him several times, i checked back last night to find that all of my posts had been deleted and i was banned.

something told me that was going to happen, so i copy/pasted the thread earlier in the day into word perfect and i have some of pruett's quotes:

"DeVosjoli is nothing but a joke! His new book is nothing more then a tool to sale his mutt geckos and BS diet. I will give him credit for being the best BS'er on the net."

After someone tried to defend Vosjoli by saying hes a big part of this hobby pruett responds with:

"Your right, we dont have worm infested rhac collections like like your hero DeVosjoli does. Clark is 3 for 3 on worm infested rhacs from the punk, and it was 2 seperate orders. I know of 3 leachie collections that blow his away, and they dont have sick animals in them. Experience? There is allot of breeders here that have 10 years experience working with rhacs, so you are just blowing smoke now. Plus, we dont breed mutts to make fast $$$...So lets see,
DeVosjoli, breeds mutts
DeVosjoli, put out a book thats just BS to sell his mutts and diet.
DeVosjoli, sends out worm infested geckos

Why is he your hero again?"

you can see that he made some pretty strong statements about Vosjoli, I kept it very mature, and I asked several direct questions, I cannot show any because they were all deleted, but I don't understand why we were both banned for speaking our mind, there is nothing wrong with that, he has control of the website so he just did it without warning, but he kept all of his posts up.

it really isn't fair, i e-mailed him concerning why it happened and he ignored me.

shows what kind of guy bobby pruett really is.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:38 PM   #2
riverjop
I don't know DeVosjoli (nor do I care)...But I do have his book, and it does have good info!...BUT! I will say they really push that gecko diet on you in the book........and it seems they do it in every other page. And I do think it is anoying.
Also I have that stuff and my geckos don't seem to like, even when I mix it with different flavors of baby food, which they normally eat!....so yea....I think it's crap!!!!
T-REX?.....mabe it's good for Raptors, my cresties sure don't like it!!!

Old 10-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #3
kozmo02
its been noted that some geckos do not respond to it. others take a very long time to respond to it and it has to be slowly introduced to them through baby food over time, and others take to it immediately.

it seems the most effective way is to start them on it as hatchlings right away.

some people swear by it, others bash it, i respect everyones views.

but the point of this thread is the fact that we were banned simply for disagreeing with bobby pruett.and he isn't even man enough to discuss it, he just banned us and he won't respond to any e-mails regarding the subject.

Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #4
riverjop
I just read that thread on http://rhacodactylus.net/
, and can find absolutely no reason to ban anyone who participated in the discussion!

Old 10-09-2004, 01:30 AM   #5
kozmo02
he got mad because me and the other guy wgusto were defending vosjoli, and he did not agree with that, and i said that no businessman is ever perfect and that bad things do happen from time to time, i think the sentecne that sealed the deal was when i said:

"i bet if i did my homework i could find some dirt on you too"

and wow, i couldn't have been more right about that. i found pages upon pages of dirt on this guy.

anyhow, i think that put him over the top because he knew i would do my homework, and he knew i would find stuff, and he was probably nervous i was going to post it on his website, so before anything could happen he banned us.

NOW, you might think i brought this on myself, but at the time, i didn't know anything about bobby pruett, so it didnt even dawn on me that it may have set him off, but someone tipped me off about these forums and told me to do some research and what i found shocked me.

he banned us for no reason, and he is bashing people in this hobby and he is nothing short of a criminal. funny how hypocritical he is.

Old 10-12-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Michael,

Better late then never! You may have saved yourself a pile of money! God bless the BOI............

Old 10-12-2004, 07:17 PM   #7
kozmo02
yea no kidding, this guy is a real piece of work.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:50 PM   #8
jmkhet
Welcome to the rhacdactylus.net, oh you to have an opinion huh?Guess what your BANNED!If you didnt know that this is how it works at the rhacnetwork, then you just got some schooling.Another one bites the dust, they tend not to keep people around that are vocal and have there own thoughts in their heads.Your just another of the many to be or have been BANNED, LOL if it wouldnt have happened now it would have happened later, and yes i too have been banned for having a thought.WHOOPS.Josh McDermott

Old 12-09-2004, 10:16 PM   #9
riverjop
I didn't even have an opinion and I got blocked, I don't know if I was "banned" but I was definatly blocked from re-entering the site....Oh well his loss! Sounds like he'll be running out of people to block soon!

Old 12-16-2004, 02:09 AM   #10
bcfos
It is a matter of time before that moron bans himself. But I do get a laugh out of being there and seeing the useless drivel they spew out of their word holes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!