Veiled Chameleon Photos: - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #21
Sand&SunReptile
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Sounds good. When I am knowledgable and setup, I will defenitly look for veilds exclusively when I'm ready for a pair.
Incubation must be killer though.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:46 AM   #22
elago
Yeah man,

It's a longggggggggggggg wait LOL. The trick is cycling your animals by breeding them at the appropriate times to get a steady supply of eggs into the incubator. Getting 2 clutches in every month then having 2 clutches hatch every month is about the only way to do it, if you breed all your females at once you simply get overwhelmed with hatching babies when they all hatch. If you're going to give veileds a try, I suggest you start with 1.4 unrelated animals to give you a clutch every month from each female. As far as veiled care is concerned, feel free to write me at elago@olemiss.edu and I'll discuss the finer points with you of you like. -Eric Lago

Old 09-27-2004, 09:49 AM   #23
elago
LOL

"IF" you like (sorry haven't had my coffee yet this morning )- Eric

Old 11-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #24
gfisher2002
wow, those chams have some nice patterns and coloration. You've got some great animals there. Nice work.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:03 PM   #25
fredy2000
seems like you have more experience... one question?

this is my new cham and i dont know if its a male or female... this is a picture... can you tell me your opinion...

thank you!!

http://fredydf.tripod.com/id9.html

Old 05-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
Fezzik
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy2000
this is my new cham and i dont know if its a male or female... this is a picture... can you tell me your opinion...

thank you!!

http://fredydf.tripod.com/id9.html

That is a female. Note the lack of a spur on the hind leg and the small veil. She is pretty. Nice colors especially for having you taking her picture.

You really should get a book on veiled chameleons. It will help you easily identify this as a female also it will teach you everything you will need to know to raise a chameleon. Veileds are hardy but they are still chameleons. As a whole they are delicate critters.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #27
CleaTheChameleon
You have some awesome chameleons. I currently have 40 babies that i have hatched and raised myself but will be selling them. I of course am keeping one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!