Bearded Dragon Enclosure almost done! Need some help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
AB32588
Bearded Dragon Enclosure almost done! Need some help!

Hey everyone,

I am almost done with my custom enclosure! its 4x2x2 made of birch plywood and sealed/stained with minwax natural wood color stain/sealant. I tiled the back and side walls, I have one large vent in each side and 2 slimmer vents in back panel. I sealed the entire bottom and boxed off an area to have a sandbox. I have supplied a pic, please do your best to answer my questions! the help is GREATLY appreciated as I want to get this thing finished so I can get my beardie!

1. I have sealed the pieces of plywood that make up my custom ledges and basking spot. should I just leave it as sealed wood? or should I put repti-carpet? I can also put some stick on linoleum tile that I used for the side and back walls. should I put a ceramic tile on it? rock on it? a combination of 2 of those?
2.what do I do for the ceiling? should I seal it? leave it just the exposed birch wood? should I use the linoleum peel and stick tiles?
3. lighting help def needed, 24 inch or 36 inch? reptisun 10.0 is def the bulb I will be using. I should be using the T5 HO correct? if so like I asked what size?
also in lighting what should I use as a basking lamp? I cut out a 9 inch circular hole in ceiling for the dome to be placed, don't know what bulb and what wattage to use. would aso be great if you explained where to get dome and bulb itself as well as a housing for the reptisun uvb bulb
4. what should I use as doors is acrylic ok? I have yet to buy the doors.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
poppabill
When i was making my own cages i used glass, plate glass like in doors its nice as it dont scratch or get rub marks very easily,, just a thought. Cage is looking good my friend, glad you used birch isee so many using melamine and its not worth a crap, again looking good, poppabill.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!