ours jaws - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
Greg&Krystal
ours jaws

the first one is about 4 months ago the last one is today
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2007, 02:44 AM   #2
Seamus Haley
Nose rubbing or face diving plus obvious obesity...

Nice job.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
Greg&Krystal
Wink

there is nothing wrong with my jaws he is the perfect monitor he is not over fed and there is no way we would let jaws dive off of the furniture, jaws is like another child 2 us. u should play with him he likes 2 sleep next 2 u.he is very well manered and is wonderful with people.u dont have 2 rude!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Get rid of the heat rock! ( they can burn your reptile and malfunction * which they do!*)

Get a heating pad/basking lamp and a Thermostat ( Zoo Med 500R is a good one for general use)

Cute monitor other than that. Enjoy him ^_-

Old 08-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg&Krystal
there is nothing wrong with my jaws he is the perfect monitor he is not over fed and there is no way we would let jaws dive off of the furniture, jaws is like another child 2 us. u should play with him he likes 2 sleep next 2 u.he is very well manered and is wonderful with people.u dont have 2 rude!
He is pretty clearly overfed. There are flabby rolls at the base of each leg, folding over the joints, the spine is signifigantly indented from the fatty tissue that's pushing up against the rest of the skin on the back, the base of the tail has a roll of fat on each side of it and the belly is dragging on the flat surface below the animal when it's standing. It's obese.

The lower jaw is extending out further than the upper jaw, giving it that underbite appearance- usually due to the animal shoving it's nose against it's enclosure long enough and hard enough to actually damage the tissue... or face diving at prey items that have been inappropriately presented.

It's hardly the worst case of either to ever exist, but both problems are blatantly in evidence and are not something to deny the existance of (given that both can lead to far more serious health issues when left unchecked) or to take pride in.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
Greg&Krystal
Thank you for your opnion! Have a wonderful day!

Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
SavannahIzCrazi
o yeah hey i subscribed to you guys on youtube, i saw jaws's video he's adorrable! looks great to me!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
BallPythonGal21
I agree with Seamus. He's a bit chubby, might want to maybe change his diet. Other than that, cute!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #9
SavannahIzCrazi
u cant help how sav's gain weight i feed mine 3 chunks of meat a day(which is NOTHING to her, she could easily eat...8 or 9..theres 3 kinds of fat for a sav, skin fat, obese fat, and over fed fat, and for a little guy it looks like skin fat (think fat cells under the scales) my Bosco has the same thing..ppl say she's morbidly obese...FAR from ..she just doesn't absorb as much fat as "normal" sav's do ...its complicated...

Old 08-30-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
BallPythonGal21
Ok, then. You don't have to get up in my face about it...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!