Error When Navigating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
bcr229
Error When Navigating

As I navigate through the forums I'm seeing this error constantly, whether or not I've made any changes.

Browser is IE version 11.0.9600.18282

It's not happening with FireFox.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
WebSlave
No changes that I am aware of have been made on this site or on my server.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
WebSlave
I loaded up Internet Explorer version 9 on my desktop and am getting the same thing when using that browser. I did a quick look in Google for this problem and found this page -> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...c382018?auth=1

Might or might not help you. I don't have time to read through it all myself right at the moment. But I think it is significant that this has been a problem for people off and on for years now. I haven't used Internet Explorer for a long time, and apparently for good reason.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #4
zovick
This was happening to me also for the past couple of days. I tried several fixes which were not successful including a couple of the ones found in the link Rich provided above; however, there is one thing which did work for me and may for others as well. I recommend downloading a program called "CC Cleaner Free" and running it on your computer. I did this today, and the problem has gone away (at least for the moment).

Bill Zovickian
GA

Old 04-29-2016, 04:41 PM   #5
zovick
Well, folks, 2.5 hours later it has begun happening again. Guess I will need to speak to a real tech expert to figure out how to stop this nuisance for good. Sorry for any disappointments.

Bill Z

Old 04-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
WebSlave
Without investigating further, I found that by adjusting the internet security settings of IE to maximum level seems to fix the problem. Ratcheting down to the next lowest, the problem comes back. So some setting between the max level and next lowest appears to be the culprit.

Interestingly enough, at the highest setting, all of the banner ads have been repressed.

My advice? Abandon IE and go to a better browser. I've been using Firefox for a long time now with no complaints. Prior to that I was using Maxthon, but that one started to get a bit flaky on me and I had to move on.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #7
WebSlave
FYI, I found this, which seems to work...

Quote:
open Internet Explorer, click on tools> internet options> security tab> Select the zone you use for eBAy.>click on custom level in the center of the dialogue box...

settings appear on scrolldown list: scrolldown to Misc - Access data sources accross domains, change from prompt to enable...this will allow the page change without the prompt
However, now it appears that I cannot access any of the controls for the text entry box.

Again, I sugges that you move on to another browser.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #8
WebSlave
The source of the above quote is located here -> https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv.../td-p/16471135

Honestly, I'm not going to be looking into this any further. I just don't like IE, and can't see spending a lot of time fixing a problem that appears to be caused by that browser.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #9
Logician
This usually happens when site loading is somehow not finished and you try to leave that page by clicking another link or close the browser window. The page might look "loaded" but in the background it might still be loading something. And this "something" is usually ads in the page which is loaded from different servers (google etc.)

Bottomline its harmless. You can simply ignore it and if it bothers you, you can increase security settings as suggested above or switch to a different browser (chrome, firefox etc.)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!