Bully the Bull Snake - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 02:17 PM   #21
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
You have BoaMasters now, Deborah....
I know Mark offers RHPs, but I'm not sure about the light part - the light is included with, or a part of, the heater? C'mon there picture girl - show me what you're talking about, lol.
At the time that I was talking to you about, "Not liking them" I didn't, and I was trying to clear that misunderstanding up. My tenses are messed up.

He was nice (his wife was very sweet!)...he put them together and installed the heater light for me. I am a fumble fingers when it comes to putting anything together.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #22
deborahbroadus
Here's the light thingy:

The temps are stabilizing under the light quite nicely.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #23
hhmoore
When I mentioned BoaMasters to you, you did say you didn't like them...and you stated then that they were too heavy - that's why when you mentioned that you were looking for cages, I pointed you toward Paul & didn't even mention that Mark was over there.
*Look at it this way...as long as you don't need to move them around very often, heavy equates to stable, lol

Old 10-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #24
hhmoore
Looks like one of Rich's (Reptile Basics) RHPs. You threw me off when you said light - I thought you meant that it was a light source, not a power indicator.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #25
deborahbroadus
It looks like a light, but the output is heat.

I am getting confused..that's nothing new...since I mentioned heavy..perhaps I was going off someone else's post..since I didn't have any to judge by..but they were better put together to last some time and the price was unbeatable for what I got.

Anyway I do have the Boaphile breeder racks and I don't like them...they aren't too stable after being moved a few times, and it's very difficult to get to the back flexwatt to put a thermostat probe in the right place.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #26
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
it's very difficult to get to the back flexwatt to put a thermostat probe in the right place.
You just need longer arms
(I can't reach the back of my 41qt AP racks, either, lol)

You know I don't really like back heat, but I have it on one rack. Here's how I approached the Tstat probe issue: I made a hole in a tub (an inch or two in from the back). I used a soldering iron, but one could drill it just as easily - just use the probe to select the proper bit. Insert the probe into the hole and slide the tub into place...that will make the readings/temp control reflective of the temps at the back of the tub

Old 10-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #27
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
You just need longer arms
(I can't reach the back of my 41qt AP racks, either, lol)

You know I don't really like back heat, but I have it on one rack. Here's how I approached the Tstat probe issue: I made a hole in a tub (an inch or two in from the back). I used a soldering iron, but one could drill it just as easily - just use the probe to select the proper bit. Insert the probe into the hole and slide the tub into place...that will make the readings/temp control reflective of the temps at the back of the tub
I did that Harald, the issue now is that I can't get the probe to stay on the spot I chose..(there are two strips of heat watt) and the pulling out and pushing in of the tub has a tendency to move the probe off place. If I make the probe hole bigger to be able to manipulate tape and probe..I'll defeat the purpose of the backing (keeping heat in).

Old 10-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #28
hhmoore
Not sure what you think I did...the hole is just big enough to accommodate the probe. The probe stays in the same place because there is no place for it to go. When I slide the tub out, it stays right there (comes out with the tub). When I push it back in, the probe automatically ends up in the same spot relative to the heat tape (as long as I push the tub all the way back). There is no tape involved.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #29
hhmoore
duh - you were talking about the heat tape.

No - making the hole bigger would just destabilize the probe position...in fact, it may already be too big, if the probe doesn't stay still.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #30
deborahbroadus

He wasn't being very cooperative after I had to move the cages into the basement, so this was the best I could get. I haven't had time to hold him for a while, just maintaining a schedule of feeding and cleaning the cage.

He's now 705 grams!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!