My new bulls - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
R&TB
My new bulls

Me and the wife have been looking to get out of boas for a while. As we have been selling them we have been looking at other snakes species that remain a bite smaller and not as heavy bodied. I kept going back to the bulls. The wife was not to enthused at first but now she is hooked.
I then found an ad from KJUN Snakehaven. After many emails back and forth and many many questions on my end me and KJ reached an agreement for some bulls. I saw a few pics of his "red" bulls and had to have one. He also had an adult snow male. We arranged to meet at the Daytona Expo where I picked up a red pair ( babies ) and the snow male. KJ was very helpful and took time to talk to me and the wife. I then saw a patternless (speckled) female that I had to have too.
KJ was a great person to deal with and I look forward to doing business with him again.

Well here are a few pics
this is the the red female

[IMG][/IMG]

the red male

[IMG][/IMG]

and the patternless female, she has an attitude and will probably be our problem child lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Later at the Daytona Expo me and the wife met Jason Nelson. We spoke to him and another guy working at the table, unfortunately do not remember the other guys name. They also spent a bit of time with us and were very helpful answering some of our still many questions. We picked up a hypo male poss het axanthic, albino, and whiteside. We also picked up a female whiteside lavender ghost poss het albino. Both these snakes were beautiful.

Here's a pic of the hypo male

[IMG][/IMG]

and the female, the wife had to have her

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry for the rant, just excited for the new adventure in our snake hobby. I look forward to meeting more people that breed bulls or just keep them and learning more about bulls in general. Everyone we have met and spoken to are real helpful. Me and the wife also look forward to expanding our collection.

Thanks
Rob and Trish

Old 08-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
they are ALL bluff! LOL

Congrats, bulls are the BEST!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
R&TB
Well the hard part is over, they all ate for me so that makes me feel a lot better. The red bull female is sweet, she does not offer a hiss, strike, nothing she just lets me grab her and take her out. I got a bit of work to with a couple but luckily they are all babies and their bluff is worse then their bite lol.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TB
Well the hard part is over, they all ate for me so that makes me feel a lot better. The red bull female is sweet, she does not offer a hiss, strike, nothing she just lets me grab her and take her out. I got a bit of work to with a couple but luckily they are all babies and their bluff is worse then their bite lol.

LOL I dont think ive ever really heard of a non feeding bull! things are garbage disposals!

You can over feed though. So just be careful. Enjoy those buggers, and continue to keep us updated. There are NOT enough Pit lovers on this site!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
R&TB
Well these little babies ate again last night for me, this time all on frozen thawed. I feed only items that are small enough not to leave a visible bumps. I just don't like seeing a swollen snake ( not that I see anything wrong with a bigger feeding lump, just me preference).
I would say I have the pit bug. lol. I just need to remember how to incubate eggs, its been a while. Thats the good thing when I had my boas breeding no eggs too easy lol. I got plenty of time to refresh my memory.
Thanks
Rob and Trish

Old 09-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
Otter_23
Those are beautiful looking pits. I wouldn't say they are all bluff, I have a female that means business and has shown me a few times.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 AM   #7
R&TB
I just held my patternless female last night and for the first time she did not give me a "kiss" lol. I think she may finally like me.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:38 AM   #8
hhmoore
I wouldn't say they are ALL bluff, either.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...32&postcount=1
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...19&postcount=1

Granted, those were snakes that were watching me mess and decided for themselves (mistakenly) that food was coming their way, as opposed to snakes that bit out of aggression or following a display. (You might not want to show those to the wife, lol)

Old 09-15-2008, 06:05 AM   #9
norsmis
But Harald uses Odor' of Ratte for cologne.... its his fault the bulls cant resist trying a taste.....

Old 09-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #10
R&TB
Those look like they would have hurt Harald lol. I try to always use a hook to get my snakes out, even the ones I trust ( at least for the most part). I really believe that the snake can then separate feeding time from anything else. I have nothing to back up my theory, just what I think based on my experiences.
Luckily the patternless is small enough that she could not draw blood if she wanted to ( for now). She'll tail rattle, hiss then strike normally and just seeing a snake strike instinct tells you to move forgetting she is only about 18" long or so.
My wife always gets a kid out of the patternless messing with me, although I would get a kick out of it also if it was happening to someone else lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!