Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #61
dragonsr#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles
I feel you only want to hurt David,s business and you certainly have a crowd reading this.I do not have sponsers and I have links on my web site that I do not charge for and I pay for my own flyers.You sold high priced advertising to pay your own way.
Hello all I am the other Kordek, well other 1/2, Matthew, Kelly is my wife.
It is not very offten that I come on to these posts to say anything at all, and I see that there are a lot of you here that are in support of this one, other than a few, and right now I would like to put my 2 cents in. 1st off I am not, we are not, doing this to hurt anyone, well that is really why we are doing this, so that no one else will get stuck as we have. As far as what the price is that David and us agreed on, he was the one that said that he thought it was a great thing that we are doing and would love to come on board with us as a sponser and at this price. Terry I think it is a great thing that you do not have any sponsers for your shows. If you go and look at our web site you will see that we also have links to all of our people coming to our show, so, therefore anyone that is coming can get that advertising for free. We also offer more then just flyers and link on our web page to our sponsers. So now I ask you who is trying to hurt who. We have done nothing but tell the truth about all of this. You seem to be now trying to hurt us by saying the things that you have on here. Fact is that David agreed on a price, no matter what the price was - $750.00 or a million it really does not matter. The fact here is that he did not and has not paid nor has he in any way tried to work with us at all. No E-mails, no Phone Calls. Tell me how in any way that this is a good business pratice. I guess I just can not understand how it is that you can buy something and not pay for it at all.

Matthew

Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #62
GottaLuvHerps
Ok, I have 2 things to say now that my husband has had his say.

First, to Terry. I am really the most upset at your comments because it seems like as a show promoter, you would/should understand the great lengths we go to so that our shows are the best they possibly can be. You have the ability to do your shows without sponsors, we do not. We choose to offer a company the chance to get bumped up in their advertising more than a "regular" vendor, you do not. As Randy said, we have put out a LOT of our own money on this show, and yes, I WAS counting on the sponsorship money to help make up for some of that, no doubt. Also, we pay for our own fliers, and have paid for EVERYTHING for this show out of OUR pockets. We were not looking for someone else to "pay our way" in any sense, just trying to break even for our first show. It just seems to me that you do not seem to remember what it was like to get started. As Maggie said, I am going insane to make my show be reputable and hopefully 1/2 as good as the other shows out there. I would just like you to step back and remember back to your first show and then think of what it must be like for someone to dodge out on you like this with no explanation whatsoever.

Joel, I am not sure what your issue is with this. Let me put it in a way that maybe will make more sense. You asked who ships reptiles without being paid? How about this scenario (which we see ALL the time on the BOI).
I want to do a trade with someone - my widget for their widget. But because I am new to this whole thing, and because the other party has a good reputation and has done this before (remember, Mr. Young helped sponsor some things at Daytona this year), I agree to ship first on his word that he will ship. Well, I ship (advertise) as agreed, then suddenly the other party stops taking my calls, and I never receive his widget in return. Was I wrong for shipping first at the word of someone with a good reputation? Now, substitute "widget" from me for advertising, "widget" for the other party for payment. See how simple that becomes? Same idea, different items. If it WAS a shipping issue with no resolution, I guarantee that everyone would be all OVER Mr. Young for not standing up to his end of the deal.

For those that keep saying "I want to hear from Reptster" - well, believe me, we do too. But, from what it appears, this thread has been up for over 24 hours now, he has read it at least once, and there is no response, either publicly or privately. This should say something to people who doubt things - it normally would if the "widget" scenario was happening...

Kelly Kordek

Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #63
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Joel

I never said you were a lawyer. I said you were trying to make an uninformed opinion sound like you were speaking from legal experience. If you took my post as an attempt to belittle you you have pretty thin skin. I simply pointed out a couple of points on which you were incorrect. I have absolutely no issue with differing opinions and no interest in belittling you or anyone. I simply dislike blatantly incorrect statements being presented as fact.

I'm getting the feeling that neither you nor Terry has actually read the Email exchange. A large part of this transaction was by phone as well according to the OP. David can refute or contest that if he wishes but the Emails are pretty cut and dried.
I'm getting the feeling you are not informed by your replies to what I say.
I read the emails and since when did a phone conversation make a contract?
I'm not concerned with what you like or dislike. You seem to be the only one making statements as if you are judge and jury
Our back and forth is a reason some choose not to post here. It would be a waste of time and nothing likely would be resolved.
This site is a place for people who choose to post a good or bad experience.
Nothing more nothing less..

Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #64
GECKO DUDE
Yea i would also really like to hear what he says but i hope other people see this because that is not right to do this to you. I know how long you have been planning this and its not right do this to you.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #65
Dixie Reptiles
Kelly, I started my show in a different way.You will learn alot about people in the reptile show business. Sorry you did not care for my comments,you were asking for opinions early in this thread.I got slammed and insulted for those ,oh well that is the way it goes.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #66
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps
Ok, I have 2 things to say now that my husband has had his say.

First, to Terry. I am really the most upset at your comments because it seems like as a show promoter, you would/should understand the great lengths we go to so that our shows are the best they possibly can be. You have the ability to do your shows without sponsors, we do not. We choose to offer a company the chance to get bumped up in their advertising more than a "regular" vendor, you do not. As Randy said, we have put out a LOT of our own money on this show, and yes, I WAS counting on the sponsorship money to help make up for some of that, no doubt. Also, we pay for our own fliers, and have paid for EVERYTHING for this show out of OUR pockets. We were not looking for someone else to "pay our way" in any sense, just trying to break even for our first show. It just seems to me that you do not seem to remember what it was like to get started. As Maggie said, I am going insane to make my show be reputable and hopefully 1/2 as good as the other shows out there. I would just like you to step back and remember back to your first show and then think of what it must be like for someone to dodge out on you like this with no explanation whatsoever.

Joel, I am not sure what your issue is with this. Let me put it in a way that maybe will make more sense. You asked who ships reptiles without being paid? How about this scenario (which we see ALL the time on the BOI).
I want to do a trade with someone - my widget for their widget. But because I am new to this whole thing, and because the other party has a good reputation and has done this before (remember, Mr. Young helped sponsor some things at Daytona this year), I agree to ship first on his word that he will ship. Well, I ship (advertise) as agreed, then suddenly the other party stops taking my calls, and I never receive his widget in return. Was I wrong for shipping first at the word of someone with a good reputation? Now, substitute "widget" from me for advertising, "widget" for the other party for payment. See how simple that becomes? Same idea, different items. If it WAS a shipping issue with no resolution, I guarantee that everyone would be all OVER Mr. Young for not standing up to his end of the deal.

For those that keep saying "I want to hear from Reptster" - well, believe me, we do too. But, from what it appears, this thread has been up for over 24 hours now, he has read it at least once, and there is no response, either publicly or privately. This should say something to people who doubt things - it normally would if the "widget" scenario was happening...

Kelly Kordek
Sorry, I posted and then I saw your post.
First, you post and people reply. Your choice to do so.. Because I disagree with you doesn't mean you need to get uptight.
I wasn't mean spirited in my response to you. I simply disagree and said why.
I don't care if it's reptiles or a service get it in writing.
I had my floors redone and the interior painted. The painters only used one coat in the bathroom. I showed them the contract where it was 2 coats and guess what they added another coat. If I didn't have that piece of paper do you think they would've did it without charging me??
So get upset with me if you want. Not everyone is going to agree with you. And if 10 people do good, but that doesn't make you right.. I just choose to stand by what I see as right and if that means I stand alone so be it..
I hope that is all and I have stated my opinion. I'm trying to steer clear but if you quote me I wil respond if it's a valid point..

Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #67
TrulyRare
Well, Here's my lil two cents from Tennessee. First, last time I checked, there is a such thing as VERBAL agreement. And if this man WHO..I thought of joining his site, from more than one of the ppl who sponsor his site on their web page, INCLUDING, freedom reptiles, and a few others, I don't know if I should now. Doing people right in this business means more than...money. Keeping the herping world a good name, means more to me than a few dollars. Espically in the state I live in. Secondly, If he told Kelly he was going to pay her this amount ..and then "changed his mind". Well he owes her a letter, stating just that. he obviously has done nothing but encourage the transaction, why else would he email her a banner? I mean come on people, the answers are right there in fine print!! If he didn't want to sponsor her show, it would have been VERY VERY honorable, to tell her he had changed her mind SO that she could change, her sponsors and have time to find another one. Kelly posts on the forum I moderate on, and has always been straight forward and honest. And she comes here to the BOI with her proof, and back up. I feel that this man should stand up for what he said, and should have the respect enough to post and respond. So, that's just my two cent, so little they are.

Kelly I hope this gets settled and good luck with your reptile show!!

-Sonnie

Old 09-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #68
angelkitty
Hello everyone. I just actually just registered so I could reply to this post. I have known Kelly for about a year now and she is incredibly hurt by this situation. This show is getting a lot of advertisement in this area and the surrounding states-there is a lot of excitement over this show. Someone said that advertising should not have happened until the check was rcvd well around these parts we take people at their word and unfortunately repsters word failed. Kelly has been working on a DAILY basis for this show-day and night and like she said she has put a lot of her OWN money into the show. A sponsor or a show is different then a vendor-a sponsor FINANCIALLY backs the shows host and has a vested interest in the shows success. If they BOTH agreed on the $750 then it is no ones business if they think it's too much-it was agreed upon by repster. Heck-has anyone ever looked into how much advertising in this scale would cost? Well I have and it's not cheap. You have to remember that 1,000s upon 1,000s of flyers have been handed out-heck I handed out over 100 at a show in Maryland this past Saturday in only 4 hours! Yeah this might be the first year but I honestly believe the show will be a huge success and will continue on for many years to come. There are only a couple of good shows in the area and this will be one of them! I own my own business and if I had this problem like David does then I would come on here and defend myself and provide an explanation. Kelly has been referring people to repster-she sent me over and I sent a friend of mine over there. Kelly-my heart goes out to you and PLEASE let me know if I can be of any help to you at all. Also-repster is still listed at the top of the page in a scrolling box. Well that's all I have.

Kelly-girl I love you and the show WILL be a success. Don't stress-it will all work out-I will say some prayers-God can answer those prayers!

Catherine aka Angel

Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 AM   #69
critical bill
Why are some people arguing about a contract?

This is Davids email to Kelly:

----- Original Message -----
To: Central PA Reptile Expo
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: Please call me

I apolgize.we have been slammed since daytona. Email me your address and I will get a check out.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
--------------------------------------------

He has acknowledged that he owes her the money.

He never paid the debt. He never responded to her questions even though he has been logged into fauna and reading along.

This is not, NOT, as a few made it out to be, that "maybe he just changed his mind". What he did was to take two nice honest hard working folks and place them on his "pay no mind" list. The guy has been full of excuses.....fedex accounting nightmares, family crisis, slammed with whatever since daytona. Who cares? Abuse excuse. Its nothing but a bunch of BS already. What does any of those things have to do with writing a check and sending it out?

I change my mind, he isn't a deadbeat. He's a scumbag deadbeat.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #70
TrulyRare
Lol, FYI< for the use of the name of Freedom Reptiles, I was simply stating that i had SEEN the repster thing adveritised on that site along with others, not saying, they are bad ppl for advertising, or ..anyone else for that matter. JUST a FYI incase i get took the wrong way with what i said

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster