Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #91
Wolfy-hound
Whether or not people think 20 eggs isn't enough to GUARENTEE it's not a het, BHB agreed that there's a problem and said they would address it.

With the incompatiable hypo lines, since they used 3 unrelated het hypo females, I'd think one of them would have been compatiable. So MAYBE only one was compatible and MAYBE that one happened to be one that gave bad odds... maybe maybe maybe..

The fact is that Brian agreed to resolve it(which would have been superb customer service) and then got too busy to bother responding. That's bad customer service.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #92
MRC31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
I will never click on a BHB ad again based on response timing; or lack thereof?
I won't either. I was actually considering buying a couple of their striped Javelin Sand Boa's. I know BHB has lots of satisfied customers and they are a huge facility but I know David Bellis and he is one of the most stand up guys you can deal with around here.
If this wasn't BHB i'm sure some of the responses might be a little different. I have had some bad dealings with people and hear the same excuses been swamped, doing a show,someone died.
But come on, how long does it take to send a email or make a phone call? Hell, I bring my laptop everywhere I go if i'm going to be staying overnight. No excuse for lack of communication nowadays. I'm not sure about the odds of hets with BPs as I am not into them, but I know David has been working with them for years. I probably should have stayed out of this post, but I consider him a friend, and many people out of Arizona probably don't know him. He is very well respected here in Arizona.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #93
Amelanistic Orca
I think Brian/BHB/Chris can/could/should do that final breeding... It's been four breedings and 22 live babies... No ghosts or honeys... Plain, cut, dry and simple.. IMHO... Sorry...

Old 11-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #94
David Bellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
20 eggs is the total of your sample, and you are "99.999999999%" sure? Well, I bred corn snakes for a long time, and bred a LOT of het to het. 20 eggs would be the equivalent of a single clutch of eggs from a corn, and quite honestly it wouldn't surprise me in the least (and in fact, it HAS happened MANY times) to not get a target visual with ONLY those odds. One in four odds with only 20 chances really means nothing. The reality of statistics in situations like this is that you will get anywhere from NONE to ALL visuals, depending on your luck. Now if you had 100 babies, or if your odds were 50 percent (by breeding het to visual) with 40 babies, then I think your case would be on much more solid footing. Honestly, even then it would not be absolute PROOF, but the ODDS of your being correct would be much more in your favor.

Genetics is based on statistics and influenced HEAVILY by pure luck. At this point, you certainly cannot rule out the possibility that this is all just about a classic case of bad luck. Yeah, unpleasant and a kick in the teeth, but that is the plain reality of playing with genetics and literally counting your chickens before they hatch.

Also, I don't know what the situation is like in ball pythons concerning hypomelanism, but I do know that it is a real nightmare in the corn snake world, concerning incompatible, but identical looking, "hypo" genes. Lord only knows that I have had my share of banging my head on the table over such things.

Anyway, yes, I understand the REASON for this thread here on the BOI is because of Brian failing to address this with you in a timely fashion, which I believe many people will agree with you. My response HERE is focused on the fact that I believe that you just do not have a solid case for what you are claiming concerning the genetics of the animal in question here. THAT, in my opinion, is something that would be premature to use as evidence in the labelling of anyone as being responsible for any wrong-doing at this point.
Unreal. Thanks for the infraction too. I guess my ads don't generate enough money to warrant even asking Brian for a response. Oh wait that's right, he's a big breeder he was right before I made the post.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #95
David Bellis
I should ad that I didn't start this thread to try to establish whether or not the animal is or is not a het. That was established months ago between Brian and myself. Somehow that fact seems to escape everyone. So now that he ignored me for months on end and I got fed up and posted here NOW everyone wants to question whether it's a het.

I started the thread because Brian didn't do what he said he would do over and over and over again. I got tired of hearing the same line and wanted to warn other people. But as usual I should have just kept my mouth shut and only looked out for myself.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #96
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
20 eggs is the total of your sample, and you are "99.999999999%" sure? Well, I bred corn snakes for a long time, and bred a LOT of het to het. 20 eggs would be the equivalent of a single clutch of eggs from a corn, and quite honestly it wouldn't surprise me in the least (and in fact, it HAS happened MANY times) to not get a target visual with ONLY those odds. One in four odds with only 20 chances really means nothing. The reality of statistics in situations like this is that you will get anywhere from NONE to ALL visuals, depending on your luck. Now if you had 100 babies, or if your odds were 50 percent (by breeding het to visual) with 40 babies, then I think your case would be on much more solid footing. Honestly, even then it would not be absolute PROOF, but the ODDS of your being correct would be much more in your favor.

Genetics is based on statistics and influenced HEAVILY by pure luck. At this point, you certainly cannot rule out the possibility that this is all just about a classic case of bad luck. Yeah, unpleasant and a kick in the teeth, but that is the plain reality of playing with genetics and literally counting your chickens before they hatch.

Also, I don't know what the situation is like in ball pythons concerning hypomelanism, but I do know that it is a real nightmare in the corn snake world, concerning incompatible, but identical looking, "hypo" genes. Lord only knows that I have had my share of banging my head on the table over such things.

Anyway, yes, I understand the REASON for this thread here on the BOI is because of Brian failing to address this with you in a timely fashion, which I believe many people will agree with you. My response HERE is focused on the fact that I believe that you just do not have a solid case for what you are claiming concerning the genetics of the animal in question here. THAT, in my opinion, is something that would be premature to use as evidence in the labelling of anyone as being responsible for any wrong-doing at this point.
I agree 100% with all of that but I think the only point he's REALLY trying to make (granted hes doing it with a bad attitude) is that BHB DOES believe what he's claiming and decided to compensate him for it, and hasnt (to date) come through with it.

That said, if the OP really wants to make a point, try doing it without all of the snark, etc and you'll notice people give you more credit...

Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #97
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bellis View Post
Unreal. Thanks for the infraction too. I guess my ads don't generate enough money to warrant even asking Brian for a response. Oh wait that's right, he's a big breeder he was right before I made the post.
BS. You received an infraction for being an ass and now you are receiving one for antagonism. You have been here long enough to know that no breeder is immune from this section. Big or small many have both good and bad guy threads. Brian doesn't advertise here by the way.

You have had both positive posts and people asking questions. You didn't make it past post eight when you decide to start throwing the membership as a whole here under the bus. That's what you received the infraction for and nothing more. You can disagree with individuals and their posts all you want but we aren't going to put up with degrading the site or its members in general. Everybody knows your advertising dollars here doesn't buy you protection from the BOI. It doesn't matter who you are.

Stay on topic.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #98
ozz465
Quote:
I should ad that I didn't start this thread to try to establish whether or not the animal is or is not a het. That was established months ago between Brian and myself. Somehow that fact seems to escape everyone. So now that he ignored me for months on end and I got fed up and posted here NOW everyone wants to question whether it's a het.

I started the thread because Brian didn't do what he said he would do over and over and over again. I got tired of hearing the same line and wanted to warn other people. But as usual I should have just kept my mouth shut and only looked out for myself.
You really seem to have a persecution complex , most people here agree that brian agreed to make it right and him ignoring you is bad , yet you seem to go on and on about everyone being on his side.The part of the animal being het or not is a acceptable topic here since that's the main problem and you seem to try to get past that but its an open discussion here .

Old 11-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #99
WebSlave
Quote:
Unreal. Thanks for the infraction too.
You are welcome. You earned it.

Here's the post you made that got you that infraction with highlights in the text to pull your attention to your own words that you seem to have forgotten.
Quote:
I did get paperwork with the Spider from BHB but like most large scale breeders it didn't come with a photo ID.

But again this is all besides the point. Brian already agreed that his het didn't prove out and agreed to make a deal with me. This was done in May and I was told I'd be compensated in July or August when his stuff hatched out. He never followed through with anything he told me and that's what this post is about. Period.

I knew there were going to be some BHB cheerleaders here but really sheeple give me a break. I've got emails from Brian telling me he's going to send me an inventory list to pick an animal from, which he never does, and you guys are trying to go back in time and figure out a way that he doesn't have to honor what he told me.

This is the reason people don't like Fauna and the BOI. It's this hive mind mentality where despite all the evidence people are still going to side with whoever is 'popular'. I don't really get it and I wasn't looking forward to making the post for just this reason.

I don't stand to gain anything from making this post and certainly plenty to lose. If Brian was going to follow through he probably isn't going to now. I only made this public because I felt I had no other option. I tried and tried and tried (40+ emails and plenty of phone calls over six months!!!!) to work something out but if he ignores my emails and won't contact me what else am I supposed to do??
Yes, you DO have something to gain from this thread, and that is to get Brian's attention. So please don't hand me a line like that thinking I will just blindly swallow it.

And sorry if you think you can just bitch slap every other member here and that is perfectly OK to do. I'm here to tell you that it is not. Hence the infraction TELLING you so.

Quote:
I guess my ads don't generate enough money to warrant even asking Brian for a response. Oh wait that's right, he's a big breeder he was right before I made the post.
Of course you can post what you want here, and you obviously have done so. But no, your posting ads here does not grant you any special immunities from cross examination or for people to be able to disagree with you. Which is what you are implying. Again, this just is not so.

As for Brian Barczyk GETTING special consideration on this site, puhleeze get real, fella. Even if Brian spent a lot of advertising money here (which he emphatically has not), that would not make a bit of difference concerning how he is treated by myself and staff here. The "big" breeders have never been involved with this site in supporting it, and I seriously doubt ANYONE can seriously believe that I would blindly side with them for any reason. This is just a flimsy excuse YOU are coming up with to try to make YOU feel better about yourself and explain away why everyone isn't jumping blindly onto YOUR bandwagon.

You are making the very same arguments that nearly EVERY person who has posted on the BOI has come up with when their argument was weak, and/or people just did not agree with them entirely. Yeah, we're all "sheeple" with a "hive mentality" because we think for ourselves and don't jump right into the corner of the ring with you.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #100
Paul Kent
Quote:
and that would be the aforementioned snark.....

You did mention knowing how the BOI works, so you have to know that EVERYTHING on both sides is going to get a good grilling....

Calm it down a bit and see that there are people here that dont necessarily disagree with you..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!