Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #91
Darin Chappell
I have never dealt with either party here, and I have no axe to grind either way. That being said, let me just suggest a few things:

Tim,

It is obvious that the animal in question has bee injected with sub-Q fluids. Did you do that? If so, why? If not, did someone with whom you work do that? Again, if so, why?

There is no way that shipping caused the damage that has been done to that snake. Therefore, given the agreement, it seems clear that Tim owes Matt a 100% refund of his money as soon as proper verifying testimony authenticates Matt's allegations of a pre-existing condition made worse by sub-Q injections.

Matt,

You seem to have posted here with great detail and a cool demeanor. Those qualities are always beneficial and appreciated. However, you keep referring to the well-qualified herp vets, and the ten or so experts that have agreed with your assessments. That's fine, but unless you are willing to name them specifically, then using these unnamed sources violates the BOI TOS. I don't know you at all, and I am not questioning your credibility, but the same standards have to apply to you as for everyone else.

Please, post the names of your experts, post the vet report(s), or stop referring to them as evidence to support your position. Thanks for your attention to this request.

Old 07-21-2003, 03:01 PM   #92
Karen Clark
Darrin

My husband Craig and I have kept emeralds for about 5 years now. We have had 1 litter of 7 babies and currently have three gravid females. Matt spoke extensively with Craig about this before and after he posted on the BOI. I have e-mailed Matt and have also spoken to him. There's 2 names for you.

From the last pic and description, that poor thing was already dead and just didn't know it yet. So Sad!

Karen Clark

Old 07-21-2003, 03:02 PM   #93
Karen Clark
Oh, the reason Craig isn't posting too is that he left the country on a business trip today. If he is able to get internet access, I'm sure he'll post.

Karen Clark

Old 07-21-2003, 03:14 PM   #94
Darin Chappell
Thanks for posting, Karen. Actually, the names were not "for" me, but rather for compliance with the TOS of the BOI.

I have no stake in this either way.

Old 07-21-2003, 05:38 PM   #95
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Darren,

Tony Nicoli, Paul Miles, Joe Polanco, Danny Mendez, Kevin McCurley, Pete Bandre, Craig Clark, Karen Clark, Eugene Bessette, and Ernie Eison to name most of them. Both vert trained under Elliot Jacobson and are very well trained when it comes to reptiles and other exotics.

The vets are still working on the report because there are still tests being performed on her. As of today I do know that the last last approximately 2/3 of her body is literally filled with fluid, there is a large air bubble in her body cavity, the blood is loaded with cocci and spiral bacteria, her liver is not functioning well, her glucose and other related blood sugar stuff is virtually non-existant, she is very dehydrated, she is hypoglycemic and so on. 100% of the people that I have mentioned and that have seen the snake in person say it is IMPOSSIBLE that this happened as a result of shipping. Even though this is all down on paper and I have x-rays I can tell you that Tim Bowles has NO intention of ever paying me. Heck the guy is going on vacation wednesday, probably with my $2,500.00

Old 07-21-2003, 07:23 PM   #96
John Albrecht
I'm having difficulty here...

Matt,
I'm finding it a little bit hard to believe that you didn't at least have some idea of the condition of the snake before you purchased. Yes, Time did go through a lot of trouble to cover his butt on this with you but I'm thinking you understood why. If the snake was in precarious shape then I'd also be picky about how it was shipped. He did sell it to you, but apparently it was reluctantly. Maybe he shouldn't have sold it, but maybe he did it because he truly thought that you were one of the few people that could make it work out. You clearly purchased it "as is" because you accepted the fact that there were no guarantees with this deal. Was this the right thing to do? I'm not sure I would have done it except with someone that I felt could do a better job with a difficult specimen than me. This kind of deal could only have happened with 2 parties where a good relationship already existed. I think that if you wanted to try your luck with a problem animal because of the potential reward for having that locality then you sort of become partners with the seller.
I have no doubt that plenty of folks will not agree with me but I think if you look at it like this and if this is closer to what Tim thought he was getting into than what you are describing then a refund of 1/2 the money would be more appropriate.
Like I said, I don't expect everyone to agree with this assessment but this is the way I'm seeing it from here. Wouldn't hurt if Tim was a little more communicative about this also.
If your reading this Tim then you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain by being more cooperative here. If the sanke was gonna die and you took a chance by selling it to a someone that might turn it around then you also are parnters in this. Give him something back.

Old 07-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #97
Ghi Reptiles
Thanks for the reply John but you obviously haven't a clue what you are talking about and the majority of your post is completely false. I'm sorry but it's the truth. No hard feelings

Old 07-21-2003, 08:22 PM   #98
gila7150
John,
With all due respect...you're giving Tim a HUGE benefit of doubt.
I could see if this animal was sold at a unbelievable discount that you would be suspicious that this was sold as a rehab case.....but $2500 for an animal on it's death bed?
Tim never admitted the snake had any health problems and insulted the intelligence of everyone here by blaming this all on UPS shipping.
This snake was only sold with no guarantee because the shipping method that Matt chose (obviously a big mistake in retrospect).
....I'm not sure I've ever seen such a clear cut case of who's at fault on the BOI.

1/2 a refund? I'd be suing his ass for the entire amount of the snake, vet bills to prove his case, court costs, etc.

Old 07-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #99
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Chris and everyone else,

Quote:
This snake was only sold with no guarantee because the shipping method that Matt chose (obviously a big mistake in retrospect).
This statement is completely false, ok. The ONLY stipulation to the deal was that if something happened to the animal during shipping then Tim was not responsible for it. DURING SHIPPING. I would NEVER agree to an animal in 'as is' condition. Even if this animal was $50.00 in 'as is' condition I wouldn't have taken it. It will be worked out sooner or later in the proper environment.

Old 07-21-2003, 09:03 PM   #100
salito718
I Don't recall anywhere in this thread where it reads that the snake was purchased "as is"

Al Nunez

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread