Break in at Carolina Reptile Exchange (Bruce Eisenmanns store) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #81
Brian Oakley
Excuse my confusion, Kerry, was that last post directed at me? I am following two threads on here not just this one.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:57 PM   #82
Darin Chappell
Kerry,

I cut and pasted your quotations so that they could be seen side by side, nothing more. I took nothing out of context, and I assure you, I read every word of each one of your posts.

You said:

A) I held those piebald animals the night they were stolen

and

B) I have never seen a piebald "in person"

I'm sorry Kerry, but it is not at all possible for both of those two statements to be true. Either you held those animals the night they were stolen and "A" is true (in which case "B" absolutely must be false), OR you have never seen a piebald snake in the flesh and "B" is true (in which case "A" is false), OR you HAVE seen piebald snakes before BUT you did NOT hold those particular ones the night they were stolen (in which case BOTH statements are false).

All I am asking you to clarify for us is which of the statements you made is false (or if both of them are), and why it is that you made it. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation ... I'm just waiting to hear it, that's all.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:01 PM   #83
Kerry Bragg
It was partly directed to you. You posted the thread from herptrader, and it just said everything I've posted already, it clears nothing that wasn't already cleared. If you, and everyone else would read all post instead of bits and pieces. you might get it. Like I said it proves nothing but that I'm a nice guy, I never said I sale him snakes, I said animals specificly. The day I was there and the snakes got stolen that night. I sold some geckos. The day I was there while toms snake was being packed, It was the day after the robbery, so I went to talk to police. You all will never find anything incrimanating against me, it isn't there!

Old 01-22-2004, 08:04 PM   #84
Kerry Bragg
ok mr hillbilly, by the way real hillbillies are from WV. I said first. SOmeone at bruces store mentioned a piebald. I had never seen one that I could feel and touch! SO they preceded to let me hold it. hence now I've seen one in real life It is all in the post you must have missed it

Old 01-22-2004, 08:07 PM   #85
Brian Oakley
Kerry,
I did read the whole thread. I never said it stated anything, I just posted it. Thought it would be good to hear others thoughts (not just you are thought of in this thread Kerry, sorry) and put it here since they are BOTH about the SAME thing.
Yes, you said you sold him animals, but if I am not mistaken (I can go find it), you also said that all you do is produce Hondurans. Would that not be safe for me to say that you sell him snakes? I very well could be wrong, if I am wrong I apologize. Just clearing up where I got the info when I said 'snake'.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:12 PM   #86
Kerry Bragg
I didn't think that you posted it just for me,
You did incinuate that I am a liar! And your last post is full of sarcastic rhedorict also.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:24 PM   #87
screamdreams
Quote:
I can't really say about his shipping techniques, but I buy things off of him once in a while.
Quote:
I helped bag them. The snakes seemed calm. He free handled them about 3 feet away from me.
Quote:
I don't have a relationship with the man that goes beyond me selling some animals to him every once in a while.
Kerry...sorry man, I'm really not trying to be an @$$ but am I missing something here?? I'm being serious...Are the above ALL your quotes??? You can't comment on shipping but you helped him bag them??? You don't know him except for you selling HIM animals but you buy things off of him every once in awhile??? I'm really just double checking myself...am I following this correctly???

Old 01-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #88
Darin Chappell
Kerry,

On page 12, you wrote, "The reason that I held the snakes was because someone mentioned a piebald, I never seen one close up, so I asked if I could hold one. I was allowed."

That explains how it is that you came to hold the animals in question. I did originally miss it, but that was not the reason for my confusion concerning your statements. You see, on page 14, you wrote, "I hope the police do find out who did it, and just because I never seen a piepald in person don't mean I've never heard of one."

You see, the phrase "just because I never seen a piebald" is written with incorrect grammar. Now, normally, I don't correct other peoples' misspellings or grammatical errors, because I find them in my own writings far too often, and it is not my place to be the BOI teacher, anyway. However, in this instance, I have to point it out, because it is the source of my confusion. I thought you were trying to say "just because I have never seen a piebald," which, though grammatically correct, would have been completely contradictory to the statement regarding you having held the animals in question. Hence my questioning.

The reason I made that assumption, is because you also used the phrase "don't mean I've never heard of one." While that is also grammatically incorrect, it is the contraction "I've" (short for "I have") that threw me. It made believe that you meant to say, "just because I have never seen a piebald in person doesn't mean I have never heard of one," when you actually meant to convey something like, "just because I had never seen one before, doesn't mean I had never heard of one." The first implies a continuing condition of never having seen a pied in the flesh, while the second simply means that you never had seen one until you first did.

Mystery solved! Thanks for your input!

Thanks also for clearing up my heritage for me ... the folks will all be thrilled to know that we have been mislabled as hillbillies for the last 160 years!!!!

Does all that sound sufficiently condescending and arrogant for you Kerry? I was certainly trying. After all, now that I know I am not a real hillbilly, I need to be as condescending to you as you were to me, correct?

Old 01-22-2004, 08:50 PM   #89
Kerry Bragg
Although I must admit that I used my grammar incorrectly. I am glad that you figured it all out. I didn't mean to confuse you. Maybe I was wrong to backlash on the hillbilly thing. I never knew that the ozarks were considred real mountains

Old 01-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #90
Kerry Bragg
I don't have to justify myself to anyone. Whatever I may have said if there are minor discrepencies I do not see why it should really matter. I held a bag while a snake was put in it. I've never seen him ship nothing, nor recieved nothing. How should I know about shipping techniques. I know of his bagging techniques. And why should it matter that I have sold him something, later to add that I have also occasionally made a purchase, one to be exact. These are all examples of quotes that I've made. If this confuses you all so much, quit thinking so hard

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann