Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #71
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakehorse
Check out saddles #10,12, 13, and 14 which are nearly identical with good views (midportion) and #20 (head portion part 2). There are some black specks on #13 which can be lined up very precisely.
Out of 26 bands only 6 are matching, would that not lead mean they are NOT the same snake?

Old 07-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #72
snakehorse
Nope

Those bands I mentioned appear to match exactly. Even including adjacent markings and black dots. The others cannot be compared as easily because the photographic views are not the same or the bands are partially blocked. I thought all snake's had individual markings? Ie, no two snake bands the same?
Donna

Old 07-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #73
critical bill
Tokyo...come in Tokyo.

Hey Bill.....we getting through to you? If you're going to walk away don't you at least want to say goodbye to those who put their trust in you and voted you as a good guy here on fauna? Heres the names.....

brucestephenson, CheriS, dragonflyreptiles, DThomas, ecmorrell, gatorbabies, gregh, HerpLuver, Jim O, liquidleaf, lucille, Manhattan Herps, Mark and Aimee, mindcrash, ms_terese, snakewrangler89, Zoo Supply

Old 07-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #74
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakehorse
I think I can help this discussion by providing the following photos. I took 2 of the known snake and 1 of the "snake in question" and labeled the saddles 1 through 26 starting at the tail (probably backwards, but I'm not an expert). Then I cut and pasted them side by side using adobe photoshop, I have too much time on my hands. haha. Found some very interesting similarities. Here you go for discussion. Check out saddles #10,12, 13, and 14 which are nearly identical with good views (midportion) and #20 (head portion part 2). There are some black specks on #13 which can be lined up very precisely.
that's all for now,
Donna DeYoung
waiting on her first boa - a hypo het albino female
After looking at the photo's you put together, it does appear to be the same snake.

Bill, take up Harald's offer and let him come photograph the snake. Walking away will only make things worse.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #75
pch101
"Id bet that since my post went through at 3:10 and his at 3:20 and he is a slow typer that he never got my post before his last reply."

Wendy,

It looks as though Bill has left the building, You may want to e-mail him your offer. I too hate for this to end with unanswered questions. However, I do not think he will take us up on our offers as it is my opinion that they serve to incriminate him even more. At least right now he has the loyal support of a few people (yourself included) that have a hard time seeing past his perfect reputation. If he is guilty, and he were to do as we suggest, he would remove all doubt and seal his doom leaving him with no one to believe in him. However, if he is innocent, than the pics would clear him and he would gain the trust of the nay sayers like myself. So if he does not take us up on our offers, there's your reason.

So in short, if he is guilty, then he is doing the smartest thing he could do. He just slinks off, and pays Lee back and looks like a victim to a select few, and he gains their sympathy. See what I am saying?

Bill did mention on page 5 something about going through some personal problems over the last couple of months. Were these of a financial nature? Who knows. If they were could that constitute motive? Possibly, but that is still a bit of a stretch. Sometimes you just do not know why someone does something like this. I am not trying to be hard on anyone, I just refuse to let reputations sway me away from what the actual evidence is telling me.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #76
Jim O
Bill is posting a reply now.
Quote:
Clearwater_Reptiles
Stand Up and Be Counted
Last Activity: 07-11-2005 05:01 PM
Replying to Thread Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware @ 05:01 PM
Trader Rating: (11) [Rate This User!]

Old 07-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #77
dragonflyreptiles
Tail band #6 counting from the tail up is what does it for me, it is no where near the same. Bills is an aorrow shape, almost perfect arrow and Lee's looks like a slegde hammer, nothing like an arrow.

At any rate, Bill is no longer posting here so I will keep my opinions on this matter at what are posted and leave it at that. Nothing else for me to say about it anyway.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #78
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Tail band #6 counting from the tail up is what does it for me, it is no where near the same. Bills is an aorrow shape, almost perfect arrow and Lee's looks like a slegde hammer, nothing like an arrow.

At any rate, Bill is no longer posting here so I will keep my opinions on this matter at what are posted and leave it at that. Nothing else for me to say about it anyway.
Actually Wendy, imagine that the "head" of the hammer/arrow is wrapped around the cylindrical body of the snake and viewed from an opposite view, as they are. They could easily be the same object. You would be viewing that "curve" from a reverse angle and flattening it into two dimensions.

It's like the tall building photographed from street level with a wide angle lens. The lines converge and the building actually appears to curve. The same building photographed properly with a tilt-shift lens will have straight lines. Same object, different picture.

Similarly with DAND's avatar. That is a close up of his dog's face, most likely taken with a normal to wide angle lens from a short distance, totally distorting the relative anatomy. The nose looks bigger than the face. The same magnification could be achieved with a longer focal length (ie telephoto) lens and "normal" proportions would be preserved.

My point is that because of the differences in technique you cannot say those are different. On the other hand, the areas that are the same are strikingly so.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #79
Bill_Leverton
Ok I guess this proves Im not really a man of my word Im back after I said I wouldnt be So i'll take another wack for that ..I do appericate all your offers But anybody who knows me or has talked to me in chat Knows what is going on with me... so to put it all out there I went in for surgery on the 21st of june me selling of my snakes was to compensate a little of the cost (no insurance) I am a man that will not ask anybody for anything and even though its looking bleek by the second, Im not going to ask now even tho its still a 50-50 on this snakes looks, all I can say is I'm sorry if it looks bad for me but the only ones who know what is the truth is, is myself and the lady upstairs So For brucestephenson, CheriS, dragonflyreptiles, DThomas, ecmorrell, gatorbabies, gregh, HerpLuver, Jim O, liquidleaf, lucille, Manhattan Herps, Mark and Aimee, mindcrash, ms_terese, snakewrangler89, Zoo Supply And anybody I may have missed Im sorry if I betrayed your trust and if anyone of these for mentioned people want to e-mail me or say it here and tell me to go I will other then that I'll bleed out slowly as this all goes on...

Old 07-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #80
BenSiegelReptiles
GOOD LORD---IT IS THE SAME SNAKE ALREADY--NO DOUBT--INVERT THAT TAIL PATTERN WENDY AND TAKE THE PIC AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE AND IT WILL LOOK DIFFERENT---THE GUY SCAMMED LEE---GOT VICIOUSLY BUSTED AND NOW HAS TO PAY THE PRICE FOR STEALING MONEY--BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT---HE STOLE MONEY FROM LEE----STOLE MONEY!!!--that is it-it is done-that is as crooked as it gets-i love how he got religous at one point in a post he put up-seems like some people tend to do that as well when they are scamming you out of money. The best thing this guy could do right now is grow a set---admit he lied and stole and take his medicine. I mean for christ sakes--he has children-what kind of example does he want to set for them?-

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!