Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
tejasranger
Question Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry)

Does anyone have any current feedback on TSE? I purchased 1.1 100% het for pied in the first part of January. I honored the payment plan that Chris was kind enough to offer me. I knew that the weather would be a factor in the timing of shipping, and I read his terms on the website. Having said that, I still haven't gotten the snakes. The weather has been optimal for shipping, for at least a couple of weeks. Someone named Glen replied to an email I sent around 4/7, and while he said the right things and assured me the only hold up was their concern for the snakes, and the number of orders they had to fill, my BS meter has started to raise an early warning signal. This posting is in no way meant to demean them, or to accuse them of any misdeed. I am just getting concerned, and would like some input from others who might have dealt with them recently.

Sincerely, Bob England

Old 04-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
SPJ
Chris used to post regularly on this site but hasn't now for several months.

I have several stories like yours recently where snakes were paid for awaiting shipment and even though the weather is OK now to ship, they still have not received anything.

I know he was injured at one point and that may have caused a backlog but his employees should be filling the orders in his absence.

I would be demanding a refund unless at this point. Waiting all this time and still not getting a firm ship date would concern me as well.

Have you given them a choice of either ship in the next week or issue a full refund?

Old 04-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Thumbs up chris johnson-TSE

I did a deal with chris last winter,he would not ship the ball pythons because of the cool weather.which was OK with me.you have to remember he is all the way up at the canada border,it gets warmer in texas alot sooner than it does where chris is.dont worry chris is a guy you can trust. ED CLARK

Old 04-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #4
brianklein
Chris is a trustworthy individual. IMO you have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #5
HerpLuver
I've also dealt with top shelf exotics and Chris Johnson. From what i understand, Chris has been out for months, very ill. Pat and Glenn have been running the place, and with all the orders they usually receive, it's expected that there will be a bit of a delay in shipping. I understand your point of veiw that you really dont know them, and feel like your getting a run around. But i can ASSURE you 100% that you will receive your animals and in GREAT condition. They ship 100% professionally, and try to make sure everythings optimal for shipping. Again, because they receive so many orders, optimal time frames for them may be alot shorter than they seem for us.

Dont worry, your money's safe and sound and so are your animals. Just give them some time.

My question, whats the time frame from purchase till now?

Old 04-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
I just sent Chris a PM to the thread, Im sure he will be able to take care of this.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
brianklein
you beat me to it Wendy....
I was trying to send him the link to this thread ......
LOL

Old 04-15-2006, 10:11 PM   #8
SPJ
I can understand Chris being sick and not there but why the lack of communication from the employees who are running the place in his absence?

I don't doubt that the snakes will arrive fine but the ones in charge need to realize that any lack of communication or upset customer reflects badly on Chris even if he has no control over the situation.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I can understand Chris being sick and not there but why the lack of communication from the employees who are running the place in his absence?

I don't doubt that the snakes will arrive fine but the ones in charge need to realize that any lack of communication or upset customer reflects badly on Chris even if he has no control over the situation.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpLuver
and with all the orders they usually receive, it's expected that there will be a bit of a delay in shipping..
I disagree with that one. Delays due to weather, unavoidable (thought I think temps have been okay to ship, even from where they are, for a while now), but delays because of all the orders they usually receive? Not right. Don't take any more orders if you can't fulfill current ones. There are a number of threads on the BOI, where business's have a very good product, and reputation, but they take a "hit" (rightfully so) to their reputation, because they fail to communicate with the customers, and/or let themselves "fall" behind.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
HerpLuver
They have the stock to fill these orders i can assure you of that. But here's the thing, if you have hundreds of orders, and hundreds and hundreds of animals, and phone calls to take, and emails to answer, and cages to clean, and crap the supply order didnt come in, rodents to order, animals to check in on, incubators to check in on with hundreds if not thousands of eggs, banking to do, etc... It can be a bit tight on a small staff. It's not out of there scope to be able to handle the amount of animals they move, it just takes patience and TIME, lots and LOTS of TIME!!!!!!!

A little consideration of all those facts might be helpful.

Again, when was your purchase date in comparison to today? I waited months for my 1.1 100% het albino's to ship and was quite happy when they arrived here. Cause i know there being fed, and properly cared for. Heck, if you ask me, its FREE feeding till they get to my house.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!