Intense Herpetoculture - Any feedback? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
varnyard
Dang Justyn!! Sorry to hear about the tag, I hope you are doing better. Taking a hit like that is not any fun at all. I have no doubt you will get caught up, I hope everything gets back to normal for you!!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #12
monkeywrench133
Saw Scaled Viper? Yikes!! I hope you have a very speedy recovery!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #13
Earl H. Turner
If you want QUALITY and RARITIES---look no further

Justyn is a very knowledgable , honest young man who always places the animals first. Not only does he obtain rarities but many specimens have never been available....I have obtained extremely rare specimens that were in excellent shape--he will offer the specimens after they are doing well and are acclimated--unlike most dealers who sell out of the shipping crate !!!! He is reasonable expecially when one considers the quality and rarity of the specimen received. It is truly nice to have an individual with his ethics in the so-called reptile business. He is definitely a leader , which others should emulate----Earl H. Turner Ph.D.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #14
Pat McGee
E.Turner put it best.Justyn best wishes and get well.

patcaecilian

Old 05-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #15
erk2
Thumbs down Justyn Miller / Intense Herps not shipping animals or refunding money

Hello Everyone -

I have thought long and hard about posting this on here because I was hoping that he would eventually come through, but it does not seem this will be the case and I'm very dissapointed in this situation.
There were alot of emails back and forth between Justyn and I so I will give a brief outline and if emails are necessary I have them backed up.
This is all in regards to an ad Justyn placed for a Congo shipment which included Black and Red Atheris squamigera which is what I was intrested in........

3/22 - I sent $1,000 to Justyn via Paypal for a deposit on a total of 6 Black and 8 Red Atheris squamigera 50% of the total has he required.
4/19 - Snakes allegedly arrived at his facility.
4/21 - Advised he would be ready to ship on 4/24.
4/24 - Advised he could not ship that day and would ship on 4/26.
4/24 - Informed of alleged bite by Echis coloratus (I will elaborate more on this at the end)
4/25 - Advised he will take pictures after I requested numerous times and would look up cargo bookings to ship snakes.
4/26 - Could not take pics because he did not have enough time. (Snakes have been in now for 6 days) advised he would take pics 4/27.
5/1 - Said he would email pics same day, never did.
5/1 - Said he was packing venomous snakes that night and should be able to get to mine that night since it was not a large order.
5/2 - Advised shipment did not go out.
5/2 - Can't pack snakes because of bad T-Storms in the area.
5/2 - Sent blury pics from a cell phone of some squams but not black or reds.
5/3 - Informed me order again did not go out.
5/6 - I requested animals go out within 2 days or he refund my deposit. (Snakes have now been in 16 days)
5/8 - Advised he would send refund.
5/8 - Advised he could not send refund via Paypal because of no funds and would have to send a Money Order and would take care of the refund next day.
5/9 - Confirmed he would take care of refund same day.
5/10 - Informed me that he can not send refund due to financial situation and because he had another shipment from Peru come in and until everyone finished paying on that one he will be low in cash. (In the beginning he advised deposits were kept completely seperate from other money).
Expects to ship large venomous order on 5/14 but still can not ship squams.
5/11 - Said he considered deposits his when the animals arrived but never provided any proof of animals arriving such as pictures or shipping the animals.
(Snakes have now been in 21 days)

Now here I am 21 days after the snakes allegedly arrived and 51 days after I sent in a deposit with no snakes and no refund.
Many people have always doubted he would bring these animals in.
I, myself import animals and know very well the difficulties in getting things done but I don't think there is anyone that can come forward and say I kept them waiting or did not come through with their animals.

I also have heard first and second hand that I am not the only one dealing with this situation.

Regarding the Echis bite. Anyone that knows anything about the potential severity of an Echis bite knows you do NOT take chances. If you even think you have been envenomated you go to the hospital immediately. He said he had symptoms and swelling and tenderness in the arm yet did not go to the hospital.
Last year I was bitten by a neonate Echis carinatus which can curl up on a quarter. I got one fang in my thumb while force feeding it. I knew because of the local pain I had been envenomated and left right away for the hospital while arranging the Anti-Venom along the way (a 10 minute ride)
I was in ICU for 48 hours and recieved 2 vials of Anti-Venom, my blood was taking a very long time to clot, as if I was on a very high dose of blood thinner but otherwise I had no swelling or pain anywhere.
I know many people who work very closely with snake envenomations and they agree that it is very unlikely that this was really a bite.

So I'd like to hear what everyone has to say. I know Justyn has not had any negative comments previously but perhaps this time he bit off more than he could chew and is trying to keep from looking bad.

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Old 05-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #16
Intense Herpetoculture
I don't have much time to reply, but everything Eric says seems to be correct in regards to communication. I am in the process refunding multiple orders in regards to this as I have only had the time to ship out only a few venomous orders every few days.

As for the refund, I e-mailed Eric last night and told him I would issue a refund at the latest mid-next week. I received my Peru order which was I had to prepay in full, it took a HUGE chunk out of my finances. Until I get those animals out and receive payments on animals already held for deposits I can not refund Eric and a few others. I told Eric I expect a few large payments this weekend and I could likely take care of him them.

Most of these problems I am having are due to misinformation put out publically and under the wire about me offering venomous snakes. Multiple businesses are attempting to sideline my good name and worry customers who put down deposits that I do not have the animals in question. There have been multiple postings on-line by individuals posting that I scammed them. I have contacted these people on interest with no response and my records show of no past orders being placed. On top of that businesses such as Glades Herp in FL have told clients that I do not have the animals and I am a scam despite never contacting me regarding the matter.

I feel that there is a small group of people ruining my good name because I am approaching on there sales. They have worried customers that have placed deposits that I am a scam and can not supply the animals causing great difficulties in running my business.

I am very sorry for any any all delays but as most of my customers know I live a busy life running a Pond and Landscaping company in addition to Intense Herpetoculture. I also have to meet various deadlines for publications in several magazines.

The Echis bite I received set me back and delayed many orders, that have since built up into this problem. For anyone to say I did not get bitten by an Echis is treading on thin ice and I do not appreciate any saying I would lie to escape a debt or delay it.

I have been totally open to Eric and perhaps I have provided him with too much information concerning my operations and or private life. I will send Eric his refund in a timely matter and I applaud him for using the BOI in a responsible manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk2
Hello Everyone -

I have thought long and hard about posting this on here because I was hoping that he would eventually come through, but it does not seem this will be the case and I'm very dissapointed in this situation.
There were alot of emails back and forth between Justyn and I so I will give a brief outline and if emails are necessary I have them backed up.
This is all in regards to an ad Justyn placed for a Congo shipment which included Black and Red Atheris squamigera which is what I was intrested in........

3/22 - I sent $1,000 to Justyn via Paypal for a deposit on a total of 6 Black and 8 Red Atheris squamigera 50% of the total has he required.
4/24 - Informed of alleged bite by Echis coloratus (I will elaborate more on this at the end)
4/25 - Advised he will take pictures after I requested numerous times and would look up cargo bookings to ship snakes.
4/26 - Could not take pics because he did not have enough time. (Snakes have been in now for 6 days) advised he would take pics 4/27.
5/1 - Said he was packing venomous snakes that night and should be able to get to mine that night since it was not a large order.
5/6 - I requested animals go out within 2 days or he refund my deposit. (Snakes have now been in 16 days)
5/8 - Advised he could not send refund via Paypal because of no funds and would have to send a Money Order and would take care of the refund next day.
5/10 - Informed me that he can not send refund due to financial situation and because he had another shipment from Peru come in and until everyone finished paying on that one he will be low in cash. (In the beginning he advised deposits were kept completely seperate from other money).
5/11 - Said he considered deposits his when the animals arrived but never provided any proof of animals arriving such as pictures or shipping the animals.

Now here I am 21 days after the snakes allegedly arrived and 51 days after I sent in a deposit with no snakes and no refund.
I, myself import animals and know very well the difficulties in getting things done but I don't think there is anyone that can come forward and say I kept them waiting or did not come through with their animals.

I also have heard first and second hand that I am not the only one dealing with this situation.

Regarding the Echis bite. Anyone that knows anything about the potential severity of an Echis bite knows you do NOT take chances. If you even think you have been envenomated you go to the hospital immediately. He said he had symptoms and swelling and tenderness in the arm yet did not go to the hospital.
Last year I was bitten by a neonate Echis carinatus which can curl up on a quarter. I got one fang in my thumb while force feeding it. I knew because of the local pain I had been envenomated and left right away for the hospital while arranging the Anti-Venom along the way (a 10 minute ride)
I was in ICU for 48 hours and recieved 2 vials of Anti-Venom, my blood was taking a very long time to clot, as if I was on a very high dose of blood thinner but otherwise I had no swelling or pain anywhere.
I know many people who work very closely with snake envenomations and they agree that it is very unlikely that this was really a bite.

So I'd like to hear what everyone has to say. I know Justyn has not had any negative comments previously but perhaps this time he bit off more than he could chew and is trying to keep from looking bad.

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Old 05-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #17
Intense Herpetoculture
Also, I did send a pic of the slate black Atheris as well as several bite pics proving I was bitten by an Echis. I am guessing you forgot to leave those details from this post. As for proof, I provided pics, cell phone photos or not please tell me where on Earth I would have acquired those pictures or animals if I did not have them in my care?

I have had difficulties taking photos of venomous snakes recently as I now require my wife to be wife me WHENEVER I am working with venomous snakes, this is something both my wife and myself agreed on after I was bitten. She has been busy as of late with end of semester college papers, so has not been able to help me.

I am not screaming that I am a victim, I'm not that type of person. I will take care of this situtation in a matter which I have already described to Eric.

Quote:
Hello Everyone -

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #18
erk2
There is a very quick and very easy way to clear up the fact on whether you have the snakes or not, just post pictures......I would think you would want to, to prove the people saying you don't have them incorrect.
I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
I don't know if you were referring to me as one of the ones worried about you encroaching on my business but I assure you that is not the case. In fact I was hoping you did have the animals because I would really like to have them.

My main problem is all of the excuses as to why things could not be done and then instead of refunding my money (and apparently others) you purchased another shipment without even fulfilling your prior shipments.

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #19
Intense Herpetoculture
No Eric, I was not refering to you. I was talking about Glades Herp, Dave Lawson, and others.

As for purchasing another shipment, Peru was in the works for several YEARS and I accepted desposits for those animals before I even mentioned the Atheris shipment to anyone. Yes, I should have taken care of sending everyone these animals before I paid my balance of my Peru shipment (which is the most expensive shipment I have ever brought in). I am sorry, things have been delayed and piled on top of one another. I have venomous and pond people screaming at me, I am taking care of everyone, one at a time.

Quote:
I don't know if you were referring to me as one of the ones worried about you encroaching on my business but I assure you that is not the case. In fact I was hoping you did have the animals because I would really like to have them.

My main problem is all of the excuses as to why things could not be done and then instead of refunding my money (and apparently others) you purchased another shipment without even fulfilling your prior shipments.

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Old 05-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #20
Intense Herpetoculture
As for photos, what the heck did I send you? I will take better pics soon with my Canon, but until then what is wrong with cell phoen pics?

Quote:
There is a very quick and very easy way to clear up the fact on whether you have the snakes or not, just post pictures......I would think you would want to, to prove the people saying you don't have them incorrect.
I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!