Shaking baby bearded dragon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
Sier
Exclamation Shaking baby bearded dragon

I just got a baby bearded dragon yesterday. This is my first time having one because I told myself I wouldn’t ever get one because my sister had gone through 3 and they all died. Although she didn’t know much about them and the pet store people only helped by telling the wrong things for them to die. A few minutes ago my bearded dragons whole body shook and his back legs came together and his back side was kinda in the air. After this he was breathing heavily. This is the worst I’ve seen. I’ve never had babies only adults so I don’t know what they might do. At the pet shop they didn’t give him calcium nor did they measure the crickets before letting him eat them therefore he could be constipated. When I pick him up two days ago to hold he was shaking. My mom convinced me he was just scared because the other day he didn’t do that with my dad. But when I got home I searched up and read in other forums that a shaking dragon could mean early signs of MBD. I’ve ran into this before. It resulted in the death of my chameleon because of his previous owners giving him inadequate care. The vet even couldn’t do anything he was so far along. As in his elbows were like boomerangs (that bend shape is what I’m trying to picture in here). These owners of the pet store don’t listen. I’ve told them before of them having a gecko who had MBD he was so bad he was basically crawling on his boomerang elbows (not a joke just the only way I can describe it). I recently took in a water frog from them (for free) because I seen the parrotfish was eating him (big chunks taken out) and the lady was “kind” enough to give him to me. I also know the people didn’t have the dragon on a UVB light. After this fit he had, though, I’m considering he might have seizures. He isn’t eating which could just be because he’s in a new environment or because he’s constipated or has parasites or both. I have two dusted small crickets in his tank now. He has his UVB light on along with his basking light. I’ll also be getting him a heat pad for night time. He also has a bowl that looks like a rock filled with water. Although I’ve learned from my bearded dragon that they don’t always know water is in there to drink so I’ll put water on his mouth. He’s a pretty cool dude and I hope he doesn’t die on me because I’ve fallen in love with him during the not even a full day that I’ve had him 😂
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!