Bad Guy Ray Capaldi and/or Donna Capaldi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #1
WebSlave
Ray Capaldi and/or Donna Capaldi

I've been hesitant to post about this guy (just for the record, I'm not really sure there is a "Donna Capaldi", but his emails have been coming from an account under that name), as not really having done any business with the guy, my opinion and impressions of him are based solely upon correspondence I have received from him. So why post this? Well, there have been instances in the past when behind the scenes correspondence of this nature later proved to be early warning signs that I ignored, much to the detriment of a lot of people. The name "Chris Johnson" readily comes to mind, as the nature of the correspondence you will see later in this post was VERY similar in nature. In that previous case, I merely banned Chris Johnson temporarily a couple of times, and didn't think any more about it. Till he wound up screwing a LOT of people before vanishing.

So, would I be remiss in my duties by ignoring what appears to be some real psychological problems exhibited from yet another member? Well, at the very least, I think anyone interested in doing business with this fella SHOULD have a better view of what they might be getting themselves involved with if they engage in business with him. Maybe the transactions will be OK. Maybe they won't. You have to make your own mind up about how you want to proceed when dealing with this guy. I'm just laying what cards I know about him out on the table for you to view.

Anyway, this all started out with private messages through this site, so I'll just copy them verbatim right here. Hopefully I won't miss editing out all of the profanity and get an infraction levied on my head....

So, here goes...

Quote:
07-07-2014 - 01:51 AM
Title : You have received an infraction at FaunaClassifieds
TO : Ray Capaldi
Dear Ray Capaldi, You have received an infraction at FaunaClassifieds. Reason: BOI relevant post made outside of the BOI ------- If you have something to say about a seller on this site, the procedure is to post a relevant thread on the BOI and then post a link to that thread in the actual ad. Creating a BOI discussion in an actual ad is not permitted. Further incidences of your actions will earn you additional infractions, possibly resulting in a ban from this site. Your cooperation is appreciated. ------- This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire. Original Post: https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1728775
Quote:
Tom You sold me a very sick female Emerald Tree Boa. You gave me all this nonsense about being out of town I'll get back to you when I get back. Don't worry the snake will be O K. You should never have sold me a snake that was that far gone. She has her second vet appointment next week. I will file a complaint with my credit card company and pay pal. If I can stop only one person from buying anything from you it will be worth it. I have fifteen Emerald Tree Boas. If you would like I will send you a few pictures of some healthy ones. You never should have sent me such a sick snake. By the way the male has not eaten yet. I told you right away I wanted a refund you misrepresented the snake. I told you she ate and threw up.I told you she defecated brown water all over cage.I told you right away she was as thin as a pencil. Oh well I got screwed. There are a lot of liars and thiefs in this business. Ray Capaldi
All the best, FaunaClassifieds.
Quote:
07-07-2014 - 07:56 AM
Title : Tom Mendelson
TO : WebSlave
I understand. Let me ask you a question. If I can figure out how to post pictures here. If you or anybody sees that this snake is seriously skinny what happens next.If I show vet bills and a diagnosis do you force Mendelson to give me a refund or ban him from selling sick snakes. If not then this site is S**T. Why waste my time posting pictures then. I asked you to unsubscribe me. You said you can't. I'll go back to buying from Kingsnake when I want to add to my collection. I always see top breeders there. I see shops that are first class there. You know who I am talking about. I just wanted to warn every one that buying from Tom Mendelson@ Indoherp is a crap shoot. He is an intelligent man who knows business and reptiles.That is why I was very surprised that he sold me such a bad snake. Thanks for your time, Ray Capaldi
Quote:
07-07-2014 - 04:30 PM
Title : Re: Tom Mendelson
Sorry, but this site is not your daddy. We just allow both sides to state their case (in the Board Of Inquiry), and that is it. We don't play judge, jury, executioner, or God. If that is what you need out of your online transactions, then yes, please go somewhere else closer to the daddy figure you are looking for. This site is not it. Have a good day. Rich Z.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Capaldi
I understand. Let me ask you a question. If I can figure out how to post pictures here. If you or anybody sees that this snake is seriously skinny what happens next.If I show vet bills and a diagnosis do you force Mendelson to give me a refund or ban him from selling sick snakes. If not then this site is S**T. Why waste my time posting pictures then. I asked you to unsubscribe me. You said you can't. I'll go back to buying from Kingsnake when I want to add to my collection. I always see top breeders there. I see shops that are first class there. You know who I am talking about. I just wanted to warn every one that buying from Tom Mendelson@ Indoherp is a crap shoot. He is an intelligent man who knows business and reptiles.That is why I was very surprised that he sold me such a bad snake. Thanks for your time, Ray Capaldi
Quote:
07-07-2014 - 06:54 PM
Title : snot nosed kid
What is this daddy bulls**t. You s**tbum snot nosed kid. Go f**k yourself.
Quote:
07-07-2014 - 08:56 PM
Title : Re: snot nosed kid
LOL! I just love it when people prove to me what an idiot they are. Seriously, I'll be 64 years old in two weeks. So if I'm a kid, what does that make you? I'll ban you later, when I stop laughing so hard.... Rich Z.
Quote:
What is this daddy bulls**t. You s**tbum snot nosed kid. Go f**k yourself.
Quote:
07-07-2014 - 11:10 PM
Title : snot nosed kid
There is absolutely no way you are 64. Not by the way you talk. I am 58 and I know someone is a kid by the way they conduct themselves. This site is not your daddy. What a stupid thing to say kid.
Quote:
07-08-2014 - 12:20 AM
Title : Re: snot nosed kid
And yet another LOL and proof of what I stated earlier. I stated that I will be 64 in two weeks. You didn't even get that right, now did you? But absolutely no way I am the age I stated? What do you care to wager on that? Make it a public statement so when you welch on your losing it will be public record. But your making yourself look foolish in public will likely be enough payment for me anyway. So put your money where your mouth is, fella. The implication of the "daddy" comment is that we are not going to hold your hand and rubber baby buggy bumper the world for you with your transactions on this site. The tools are here for you to do your own research on who you want to do business with. If you fail to utilize those tools adequately, don't come crying to us about it. I presume you are a grown up, so act like it and deal with the world like an adult instead of some kid running to the school marm crying about the bullies picking on him, stealing his lunch money. Did I use small enough words for you to understand now, sonny? Rich Z.
Quote:
There is absolutely no way you are 64. Not by the way you talk. I am 58 and I know someone is a kid by the way they conduct themselves. This site is not your daddy. What a stupid thing to say kid.
Quote:
07-08-2014 - 08:32 AM
Title : snot nose kids
This is one thing I hate about the summer. All the kids are out of school with nothing to do. Go to bed earlier you might make more sense when you speak. And remember respect your elders.
I grew weary of the guy's attitude, so this is when the ban hammer was applied. The emails will be posted in the next post, since this is getting to be kind of long winded.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
WebSlave
So now the emails start....

Quote:
On 7/26/2014 6:01 PM, Donna Capaldi wrote:
> Mr. Zuchowski My wife got banned this morning because I was using her
> account to lodge a complaint against Tom Mendelson for selling us a sick
> Emerald Tree Boa. I was on the BOI. The reason was over riding a ban. You
> see YOU banned me for calling you a sh**t bum kid after you made a nasty,
> negative, unkind comment to me.
> Do you remember about a month ago I asked you if this site would ban
> someone for selling sick snakes. You said this site is not your daddy.
> Well I was so taken aback as my father died of prostate cancer. I got your
> point but it was not a nice way to make it.
> All you had to say was we don't do that, the best we can do is provide any
> positive or negative feedback and you make the decision.
> I really thought you were some college kid. I am relatively new to this site
> and did not know you were the Zuchowski that used to breed corn snakes. We
> can stay banned as I asked you if I can be permanently unsubscribed anyway.
> Could you just clarify something. Why would my wife get banned if she had
> her own account. They are her snakes too. It is her money that Mendelson
> swindled also.
> I just wanted to warn everybody else that I had a bad experience and to be
> careful when dealing with Tom Mendelson.
> This hobby/business is still full of two legged snakes that need to be
> weeded out. I met and bought from some great sellers on Kingsnake and that
> is where I will be. The only time I bought something from your site I got
> screwed. I think larger and more reputable sellers are on Kingsnake.
> Well thanks for your time and I hope you had a Happy Birthday.
> Sincerely,
>
> Ray Capaldi.
>
> P.S. I am sorry for the nasty comment I made to you.
>
>
>
Quote:
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:05 PM
To: Donna Capaldi
Subject: Re: [FaunaAds.com] - Welcome - confirm your registration!

You got what you apparently wanted. I presumed you knew where that was
heading while you were laying the paving stones down on your path.

When a person gets banned, it is presumed that a husband and wife are acting
in concert as a team or partnership. They are treated as a single unit. In
your case this was obviously taking place. Trust me, this is not nearly the
first time I have had someone pull the same method to bypass a ban. For
such a youngster as you thought I was, I have been doing this for a fair
amount of time.

Anyway, it appears you are satisfied with the outcome, and so am I. You
wanted to sever ties with my site, and I didn't appreciate the profanity and
personal slurs in my own "house". Sorry, but when you are thrown out of my
house, neither you nor your kin are welcome to use the bathroom there, no
matter how much of an emergency you might feel it is to you.

I believe your ban expires in two years. Maybe things will look differently
to you then.

Otherwise, good luck to you elsewhere.

Rich Z.

ps. I don't advise you to talk to Jeff B at KingSnake even close to how you
spoke to me. You won't be there very long at all.
Quote:
On 7/27/2014 12:01 AM, Donna Capaldi wrote:
> Ban me for life. I would not even want to be here at all. I have all my
> connections. I don't need your bulls**t cry baby forums where scum bags
> stand up for each other. Now I see why a Zuchowski and a Mendelson will
> stand by each other. I get it.
> You owe me an apology for the unkind remark. Until then GO F**K YOURSELF.
>
Quote:
On 7/27/2014 12:12 AM, Donna Capaldi wrote:
> P.S. Your chronological age notwithstanding you are a sh**ty ass snot nosed
> kid just like I pegged you before and you remember I told you so is that
> clear.
Quote:
On 7/27/2014 12:30 AM, Rich Zuchowski wrote:
> Seems to me that you are the one slinging all the profanity around, just like kids will do. Who knows, maybe you will mature in two years. Stranger things have happened.
>
> Personally, I don't care either way.
>
> As for your issue with the other party, well, perhaps, just perhaps, you make the bed you sleep in.
>
> Good night, Donna.
>
> Rich Z.
Quote:
On 8/22/2014 5:41 PM, Donna Capaldi wrote:
>
> Hey little Richie with no help from you or your Board Of Idiots my credit card company charged back 650 dollars that your friend Tom Mendelson screwed me out of.
>
> I understand that you have to stand up for the sellers because that is how you make your money on your site. You had no right to ban me as I was speaking to you on a private
>
> E mail. Of course I wanted off your s**t site anyway. Then my wife was speaking for herself and that other piece of s**t Harald banned her. I had to call him at home as NOBODY keeps me from speaking my piece. You once said one makes his bed he sleeps in it. Now that everything is settled you can now sleep comfortably just like when your Mommy used to tuck you in.
>
> You allow scumbags to sell sick snakes on your site so you can make money. Shame on you little Richie.
>
> Your Friend,
>
>
>
> Ray Capaldi
Quote:
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 6:06 PM
To: Donna Capaldi
Subject: Re:

LOL!! So you left a message on Harald's voice mail. HaHaHa HAH! Yeah, what a real commando you are.

Thanks for the chuckle, sport.

Rich Z.
Quote:
On 8/22/2014 7:40 PM, Donna Capaldi wrote:
>
> I can’t help it if he did not want to answer the phone. I called right after he banned me so I know that he was home.
>
> I’d talk to him face to face. He can call me any time he wants.
>
> I am no crybaby like you are. I know he is one of your board of idiots.
>
> You are really tough you hit a button and try to silence somebody.
>
> Ha ha ha yourself you s**t bum kid. And I know that this Harald s**t is not all you got from this e mail so don’t pretend it is.
>
> As long as I spoke my piece that is all I care about. So you can LOL all you want you dumb Polack.
>
> And pass this on to that other asshole. He was even siding with me in the conversation until he had to act like you another s**t ass kid with a little too much power.
>
> You f**kin goof.
Quote:
On 8/22/2014 8:13 PM, Rich Zuchowski wrote:
> I was wondering if you would push this to the point where I would need to post a Board Of Inquiry thread about you. I think people researching your name on the net would really be interested in the REAL Ray Capaldi. Not only are you abusive with profanity and personally derogatory slurs, you are obviously of a prejudicial slant with your comments. I'll be sure to include your wife's name as well, and I do hope that her employment opportunities aren't going to be negatively influenced by being related to you. Too bad for her for allowing you to use her email account in your pursuit of your obvious cyberstalking.
>
> I also filed an official complaint with your ISP with copies of your emails, as I feel you are not being a credit to your use of their services in this psychologically worrisome and illegal manner.
>
> Nitey-night....
So, that's it in a nutshell. Take it for what it is worth to you.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Lucille

He sounds like a Flake with a capital F.
Sorry you had to deal with him but I think it was a good call to start this thread.
I would not want to have any transactions with him.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Cry babies, scammers, banned members, etc: If you don't like the site, the members, or how it is moderated then don't let the virtual door hit you on the way out. Stop coming back here if you don't like it. Go find a site that fits your wild west taste and don't come back then!

Old 08-24-2014, 12:15 AM   #5
WebSlave
But wait! There's more!

Quote:
On 8/23/2014 1:45 PM, Donna Capaldi wrote:
>
> I got my money back. I spoke my piece. I am not afraid or your idle threats. Keep them to yourself.
>
> If you want to write back I will give you the last word. I had a bad experience on your site.
>
> That is all there is to it. I am done with you and fauna.
>
>
>
> Ray Capaldi
Quote:
On 8/23/2014 9:15 PM, Rich Zuchowski wrote:
> It wasn't any sort of idle threat at all. Your private messages and emails to me have been posted in a Board Of Inquiry thread itemizing those conversations. From what I can see, and in my opinion based on past experiences, you are a high risk to do business with based on these conversations. In my opinion, you have some severe personality issues. You might want to seriously think about seeking help for anger management.
>
> Hope things work out for you.
>
> Rich Z.
Quote:
On 8/23/2014 11:20 PM, Donna Capaldi wrote:
>
> That is what crybabies do. Yea you are a real commando. Ban me and then post somewhere where I can’t defend myself. You really don’t bother me. I have bought many snakes from many people. This is the first time I have been screwed and it was on your site. I have gotten Emeralds and GTP’s from Ken Foose, Ben Segal, Undercurrent, I have gotten maybe 10 from Bushmaster so spare me your bulls**t about my being a high risk to do business with. Your friend Tom Mendelson sold me a sick female Emerald Tree Boa. She went to the vet he made his diagnoses. The snake died. I went through the RI Attorney General’s office and my CC company. Like I told you before you have to stand up for the sellers because that is where you make your money from this site. You people would rather eat your children then part with money. Again you owe me an apology. Until then like I told you before Go F**k Yourself.
>
> I don’t care what you think about my personality issues. I am 59 years old and I don’t scare so easily. You know where you can shove your website.
>
> I DARE YOU TO POST THIS ONE. I really am having a lot of fun with you, you idiot. Can’t you tell by now. PLEASR POST THIS WITH YOUR BOARD OF IDIOTS.
>
>
>
> Ray Capaldi
Quote:
On 8/24/2014 12:06 AM, Rich Zuchowski wrote:
> There is absolutely nothing for you to refute or defend. I simply posted copies of your actual correspondence. It's black and white. What more can you say except to lie about what you said? No, sorry, you just want to spout off more of your profane garbage to a wider audience, and that just is not going to happen on my site. I've run into people of your low caliber before and you are entirely predictable.
>
> And yes, I will post this one as well. It only reinforces and confirms my opinion about you.
>
> Rich Z.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
I can’t help it if he did not want to answer the phone. I called right after he banned me so I know that he was home.
I think I've made it quite clear over the years that I NEVER answer the phone. I don't screen calls - it doesn't matter who it is...I'm not answering.
Even if I did routinely accept calls; I'm not likely to tolerate the intrusion by somebody complaining that I banned him for violating the rules.
As I remember, that call came after his 3rd account was banned.

He knows I was home because I had just banned him? Solid rationale, unless one considers how often I access the site from my tablet or phone.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:28 AM   #7
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I think I've made it quite clear over the years that I NEVER answer the phone. I don't screen calls - it doesn't matter who it is...I'm not answering.
Even if I did routinely accept calls; I'm not likely to tolerate the intrusion by somebody complaining that I banned him for violating the rules.
As I remember, that call came after his 3rd account was banned.

He knows I was home because I had just banned him? Solid rationale, unless one considers how often I access the site from my tablet or phone.
Then why have the phone?

Old 08-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #8
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
Then why have the phone?
Perhaps to make a calls and, in some cases, receive messages.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
Firefly713
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
Then why have the phone?
He may like to separate his work calls from personal. :-)

In any case, plenty of people don't answer their phones any more and wait for a message. If the caller thinks it's important, there will be one... And I imagine the message left was pretty funny.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #10
EmeraldBoid
I guess I am just in the wrong generation, I turned off all the housephones in my flat years ago and now I communicate mostly through text and email.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!