Hay all my name is Vinny i have studied herpetology for almost 15 years mostly snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Vinny D
Hay all my name is Vinny i have studied herpetology for almost 15 years mostly snakes

hay i study locality BCC's and true vipers mostly. but I have experience with all reptiles. if you have any questions please feel free to ask, i started working with hots at the age of 6. i went 12 years with out an envenomation until i moved to PA, i was envenomated by my west african bush viper (Atheris Chloroechis) feb,9 2004 i almost died from that bite since the atheris ssp has no known antivenin. the philadelphia zoo saved my live as i did too. we boath decided on S.A.I.M.R polyvalent, after 9 hrs after the bite i finally started the IV drip with the AV and thank god it worked. about a year after that my 2 month old eastern diamondback rattler nailed me. 5 mins after the bite i was paralized and i couldent walk for 3 days i dont have any scaring from the rattler bite but the bush viper left me with about 60% of my left index finger boath bites were 110% my fault sticking my hands in the cage i have never been bit handling a hot which you should never do unless it's totally nessary. right now i have
0.1 yellow anaconda
0.1 Belknap suriname BCC
0.1 Marajo, Guyana local BCC
1.0 Pokigron suriname BCC
and my hots are no longer at my house my mom wanted them out. but im getting 1 of my ituri forest rhino babies. im also breeding locality puff adders with a friend. if you have questions my e-mail is (gutterboy42002@aol.com)im 20 yrs old and i have more exp with herps than most ppl in their 30's im no fony lol i hope i get to talk to you my fellow herpers thanks for reading and rember 1 thing " THEIR ARE 2 KINDS OF PEOPLE WHO WORK WITH HOTS THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BIT AND THOSE WHO WILL BE BIT" im not saying that every1 that works with hots will get bit but their always is that 1 mistake thanks again and take care.. Vinny D

(A.K.A.)SNAKEMAN

Old 02-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
and my hots are no longer at my house my mom wanted them out.
I can see why! lol Welcome to Fauna

Old 02-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
im 20 yrs old and i have more exp with herps than most ppl in their 30's im no fony
Welcome to Fauna, I can see you will bring many discussions our way!!!
It is good to see young people with such an interest (although I too can see Mom's point of view)

Welcome!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
ladyserpent7
welcome to fauna..and were glad to have you ALIVE..haha

Old 02-23-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
Fangthane
Hey Vinnie. I see you found the area I was telling you about. Let the games begin

Old 02-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
reptilebreeder
Well, at least your not too humble.

p.s. I've handled hots (granted only Crotalus) for longer than you have been alive, and I've never been bitten.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
Vinny D
thanks for your posts i am very experienced with hots the only reason my mom wanted them out is because of not only me cuz she know how good i am with them i won 3rd place in a western diamond back sacking contest with the best time on record for my age at 18 at the time she just didnt feel safe even though i keep all my hots in locked gages which only i can get into like i said i made a couple of mistakes no 1 is perfect and i have learned from those mistakes the curator of reptiles at the philadelphia zoo says "I AM A HERPETOLOGIST WITH OUT A DEGREE" which i will have 1 i have worked with over 300 hots since the age of 6 and only 2 bites inst to bad i use all the safty rules just like any zoo's thanks for posting your comments.. Vinny

Old 02-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
Vinny D
thanks for your postsm i am very experienced with hots the only reason my mom wanted them out is because of not only me cuz she know how good i am with them i won 3rd place in a western diamond back sacking contest with the best time on record for my age at 18 at the time she just didnt feel safe even though i keep all my hots in locked gages which only i can get into like i said i made a couple of mistakes no 1 is perfect and i have learned from those mistakes the curator of reptiles at the philadelphia zoo says "I AM A HERPETOLOGIST WITH OUT A DEGREE" which i will have 1. i have worked with over 300 hots since the age of 6 and only 2 bites inst to bad i use all the safty rules just like any zoo's thanks for posting your comments.. Vinny

Old 02-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #9
Vinny D
she didnt want them out cuz of my 2 bites she just didnt want them in the house because she didnt feel safe even though my hots are kept in cages with locks that only 1 can get into thanks for your reply

Old 02-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #10
Vinny D
well thats great i made a couple of mistakes but im still a very responsible hot handler keep your streak going what ssp of crotalids do u work with

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!