Am i too soft? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
sagespyder@yahoo.com
Pics

Sorry I haven't stopped by to reply but i have more time now.

I have dubbed him/her Stubbs for now, until i find out boy or girl. Stubbs eats fine and drinks fine. Walks around like normal and has been more active and using his legs better. Stubbs can chase down red racers and dubias to munch on without a problem. Not hand shy either due to the only problem Stubbs seems to have is it takes him a few tries to right himself when he falls onto his back.

I have no intention of breeding Stubbs male or female. I plan to keep it solely as a pet. I would like to say that if it need be, a cull to save from a long painful death would take place but I would still regret the loss.

Anyways, i think stubbs is cute. the first 2 pics are stubbs and the last pic is the rest of the clutch stubbs belongs to.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 AM   #12
jmp745
he/she's cute. it looks like there's a nub of a tail. That's probably a good thing, so he'll have a working butt. hehehe.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
Beardiefreak26
that is a strangely cool looking dragon

Old 08-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
sagespyder@yahoo.com
i like the button tail Stubbs has. He is really cute and is doing well. when i was thinking of a name it was a toss up between Stubbs and Frogger because Vince thinks he looks like a frog. I won, :P

Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #15
HeatherN
it'd be interesting to see how stubbs matures to see if there are any other defects, like morphed skeletal structure or something. i hope he/she turns out healthy, and is just missing a tail! i think it would be pretty cool to have a genetically tail-less lizard. i hope you'll post pics as he/she grows!

Old 08-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #16
sagespyder@yahoo.com
i will as it grows up. so far so good! nothing bad has happened and is still eating like a piggie.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #17
sagespyder@yahoo.com
Talking Update

here are some new pics of Stubbs. it would probably be a bit before i can tell if it is male or female, i have posted a pic from behind as an example but it came out blurry... while i can see pores on it's legs i don't want to call the sex as definitive.

but hey, almost 1 month old and Stubbs is doing well.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #18
Cffilc
*seriousness
I feel you need to keep this dragon for yourself, and take fullest care of it. If it's bred like Chris Allen said, it can spread poor genes. You can't ever know if it's the gene or just some fluke, but either way it would be horrific for that to happen. If bred it can ruin what many people are trying to build, stronger better genes.

*less serious
Stubbs is to generic, I just bought my girlfriend a hamster and he has a scar on his face from the metal wheel the pet shop had. "LOL we can call him SCARFACE!!!" my brother and I thought. But that's so "duhhh everyone thinks of that", I like the frogger idea, it's your own thought and fits him better. That's just my opinion , cute dragon!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #19
will11780
My opinion on this matter is never put an animal down for a defect cuz thats what makes them different im new to the breading of beardies but i have had to put 3 down this year and it was a hard decision but they stopped eating and you could just see them go down hill so i had to make that decision no matter how hard it was and i thought of it as i still had 50-60 babies that are very healthy you always have that chance of having a few with defects but unless they are suffering i think the critter should live so i think as long as its eating and growing keep it as a pet i think that stub tail is cool

Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #20
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiefreak26 View Post
that is a strangely cool looking dragon
I have to agree.

My first dragon was one that was missing the majority of his tail due to bad husbandry practices. We called him Stubby.

If I had to guess, I would say that baby is a female, although it is to young to be absolutely sure.

As long as s/he is eating, having bowel movements and gets around fine. Keep it. Barring that.... I want it. Too cute! ( I would go with Buttons or something equally silly for a name. )

If s/he starts having issues, I would visit a vet for an x-ray and check up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!