Housing my corns - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #1
LCReptiles
Housing my corns

Okay, I currently have 4 corns in 1 tank. I know they need their own space and I am working right now on housing them alone. I have run into a few questions though.

Where do you guys stand on feeding in their enclosure? I'm tired of tearing up their home to get them out every Tuesday for feeding.

I currently have 2 albinos, 1 hypo and 1 snow corn. I will eventually (within the next 2 months) have a rack system for them, but for now, they are going into tanks. All of them are young, will they be okay in a 10 gallon tank for the next 2 months?

I just got a new albino yesterday, which at this point is nameless. My others are Cobb, Butters and Salty (yes, all lame corn references.. so sue me)... any ideas for this guy??

Thanks!

Old 06-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
cka
Of course everyone has their own opinion but here goes...

I feed mine in their enclosure, but it's pure convenience on my part...slide a drawer out, drop one in and move on to the next one...as far as being all right in a ten gallon, that depends...you're not dropping adults in it, are ya???...2 footer's or less, and just for two months, that'd be fine...as far as a lame name, well, you are doing fine on your own hehe j/k...good luck and get/make the rack...much more convenient than tanks jmho...peace

Old 06-13-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
LCReptiles
No, not even my biggest one is near adulthood. Maybe 14" at the most. I was just concerned because I do like to hold my corns on occasion and didn't want to have to deal with them snapping at me...

Old 06-13-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
cka
Jeff, some people swear by feeding outside of the snakes enclosure for that reason i.e. associating a hand in the enclosure with food...It has never been an issue with my snakes, and I've fed both in and out of the enclosure, with different types of snakes, from corns, rats and garters to ball pythons and boa's...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!