Call To All members here.... - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #91
Zulu3
That is just ridiculous. OPPOSED.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #92
The Python Lab
while bitching to my fiance ( who lives in Canada ) about the humane society and this bill she informed me of this tid bit pf information and pointed me to this link. yes this is a Toronto issue, but if this is what their humane society is up to should we expect any less of ours?
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...e-society.html

Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #93
Laura Fopiano
I would really like to see this thread at the top of the classified section's for all the species listed and also all of the forums of species that could be affected by this proposed bill.

We as the reptile nation, need to write our own congress members in the state that we live. And don't forget about our good ol President!

It's time to join together in one of the biggest fights of our keeping careers. There is strength in numbers!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #94
mrwenninger
I called and wrote letters to PA senators and congressmen. I also sent a letter to the president. Is there anything else that can be done?
Michael Wenninger DVM

Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #95
mrwenninger
I also think we should let HSUS know how we feel. I sent this:

Hi,

I am a small animal and exotic animal veterinarian in PA. I love all animals and have loved many types of pets. I have been following your agreement with the injurious wildlife bill. As someone who has large constrictors of the genus python and properly cares for them and houses them, I am appalled at your actions. I care for my reptiles better than many people care for their children. I have many clients that have dogs, cats, and reptiles that love their reptiles as much as their dogs and cats. Who are you to say what type of animal it is possible to bond with? I believe that the human-animal bond is a special part of our lives that should not be overlooked. I have snakes that interact as much as a hamster, guinea pig, rabbit, bird, dog, or cat. The interaction is different--I don't sleep with my reticulated pythons!!!

I also think that making a national ban on animals that cannot impact the environment nationally is ridiculous. I haven't seen too many pythons live through a winter in the northern 2/3 of the USA.

I also think you should realize that more people are killed by dogs and horses than by nonvenomous reptiles and I am pretty sure a horse or dog ban is not on your horizon (although maybe I am wrong about that).

All of the rhetoric and unsubstantiated claims that you make should not be power to force other people to live by your views. Perhaps rather than using your funding to lobby for bills that will damage the economy, destroy the livelihood of many people, and limit our rights further; you should use your funding to support more shelters and actually help the animals that are suffering. I work with many private shelters for dogs and cats and see on a daily basis how they lack financial support. How much did you spend to try and push this bill through? I bet you could have opened a shelter or two!!!

Again, I cannot state how disappointed I am with your actions. I will never support HSUS and will not belong to any organization that does support your views.

Sincerely annoyed,

Michael Wenninger DVM

Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #96
Cailetsb
Opposed of course!!!! How ridiculous, next they'll tell us which shoe to put on first in the morning

Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #97
mxracer4life
My wife said last night, its sad that our troops are over fighting for our freedom while our government is over here taking it away. Its not the "python ban" that bother me as much as it is another way for them to take away a freedom and have more control over us. DEMOCRATS!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #99
mxracer4life
Think positive everyone! Keep writing, praying, calling, what ever you can do! Its up to us to act now! We CAN decide this, rather than the senate. Take action! Don't wait untill its too late.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #100
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
Think positive everyone! Keep writing, praying, calling, what ever you can do! Its up to us to act now! We CAN decide this, rather than the senate. Take action! Don't wait untill its too late.

Now is the time we can do the most. Let your Representatives know how you feel.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!