animal planet - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #91
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmsayi View Post
Herpetology is the branch of zoology concerned with the study of amphibians (including frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, and gymnophiona) and reptiles (including snakes, lizards, amphisbaenids, turtles, terrapins, tortoises, crocodilians, and the tuataras).

There are many careers in the field of herpetology. These include, but are not limited to, field research, public and private breeding, zoological staff or curating, museum staff or curating and college teaching.

The study of reptile does not imply any length of time dedicated to the subject but only that one chooses to continually learn about the subject at hand.

You don't strike me as a professional. You come across more as someone who feels the need to justify a lack of understanding and experience by stating how long you have supposedly have been working in a field you deem as related to reptiles and the study of them. Being a trapper only means you know how to catch them. Not that you understand how to care for them or keep them alive or anything else about them.

You constantly disrespect people here including the Mods from what I have seen. I don't post very often but I do check the site often. I have seen you give bad advice and be extremely confrontational. You refuse to admit when you are wrong and are unapologetic even when confronted with facts proving you are wrong.

My suggestion:
Remove your head from your rectum, try to be civil, learn from others here that have much more experience than you do, and try really being respectful to others for a change.

I apologize in advance to the mods if this post is out of line.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #92
Argos_mom
have you seen the new show called Rattlesnake Republic on Animal Planet last night? I didn't see it, it's a reality show on people that collect rattlesnakes for rattlesnake round ups? Rounding up masses of snakes to sell for $4 per pound. They reached a new low

Old 06-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #93
R. Eventide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos_mom View Post
have you seen the new show called Rattlesnake Republic on Animal Planet last night? I didn't see it, it's a reality show on people that collect rattlesnakes for rattlesnake round ups? Rounding up masses of snakes to sell for $4 per pound. They reached a new low
I thought Animal Planet was a pro-animal channel, not one that promotes rounding up, torturing, and killing animals for no other reason than because people don't like them. *shakes head sadly*

Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #94
Ntyvirus
Quote:
I think i caught a few seconds of that show, only turned to it for a minute but it was 2 guys trying to catch a rattlesnake for who knows how long. One of the guys ended up shooting his arm down a hole to get it, didn't know they were collecting for a rattlesnake round up though.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #95
Morelia4life
Wow. Animal Planet is getting pretty pathetic. I remember living in Alabama not to long ago, people would still go around and pour gas down Gopher Tortoise burrows to drive out the Rattlesnakes so they could catch them for the Opp, Alabama rattlesnake rodeo or so they could just kill them. I find it funny how pathetic people can be. Why would you purposely travel, 10, 20, 30 miles out of your way, waste countless hours finding rattlesnakes, risking being tagged and possibly dying just to kill a snake? That speaks a lot about the intelligence level of some people.

I don't know why Animal Planet speaks so highly of cats and dogs but it bashes reptiles? Isn't Animal Planet supposed to treat all animals equal?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #96
Cryssy
I know a lot of people, myself included, who are wondering the same thing. I guess they want the ratings, so they are catering to the general public.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #97
Metachrosis
The show sucked,it was typical AP FEAR and less then factual.
Im smack in the middle of this freak shows origins.

It all started in Sweetwater TX,where I was a faithful attendy for the first 9 yrs consecutive.

Its a blood sport against animals to entertain the public.

Dog fighting is illegal for ? . . . . .

Quote:

Old 07-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #98
hoppingherps
I have seen all these new anti-reptile programming, and quite frankly it just goes to show you how a network is just trying to feed into the fears of people who know nothing of how reptiles really are. I know they are just trying to go for the shock factor on alot of the shows which I guess works for them no matter how it makes us feel. The other thing that really rubbed me the wrong way is how freely the spewed out the misinformation on reptiles in a whole. I have a young daughter that loves her reptiles, and there is no way in hades I will ever let her watch any programming they have to offer. I have sent emails to corporate about how the real herp enthusiasts feel on all this crap, but I doubt it will ever be even closely looked at by anybody of importance.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #99
Praetori
What makes me sad is that they once showed Steve Irwin's Croc Hunter shows every day...it's degrading for them to go anti-reptile like this after his death. Makes me sick. I saw they were playing a killer snakes show and I refused to even turn to the channel. Do they really play that shallow of programming?I thought this was the ANIMAL Planet, not the Domestic Cat and Dog Planet... But I can't really say anything because I haven't done any work to stop it-if complaining to AP isn't effective, what is the best tactic?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #100
mike41196
I see an even bigger problem of their newest shows which show the hunting of alligators for sport as well as another program depicting "hunters" for rattlesnake roundups labeled as saviors for removing the "dangerous" yet indigenous wildlife

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!