animal planet - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #71
Reptileman81
ALRIGHT DOUCHE BAG STOP TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. YOU DON'T BELIEVE I DO EITHER SO. READ THIS DAME ARTICLE THAT I POSTED A LINK TO. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT YOUR WONDERFUL GOVERNMENT.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=168343

Old 04-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #72
Abby

Off topic, but If anyone needs proof about the government, just watch this...

Orwell Rolls in His Grave

Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #73
gsrept
i am all set with this clown. i am not oing to listen to him bump his gums anymore. i have more important things to do than listen to his one sided tree hugger comments.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #74
The Python Lab
I could argue with this fireside person.... But what would be the point really? He is quite irrelevant actually and seems to contradict himself (A herp keeper who would like to see rights of ownership taken away? ) so I'll let him hang himself, it's much more amusing to just watch. The only thing that is relevant is the attack on honest, committed, caring reptile enthusiasts and hobbyists. The news and government will always use whatever it takes to achieve their desired end result. the common man/woman and what he/she wants and needs will always be overlooked. I know none of my reptiles are roaming Florida, or any other forest, park, or neighborhood for that matter. I am sure most of you would say the same. I am not going to listen to a village idiot who would question my motives or reasoning for having my snakes as pets. There are children in this country and the entire globe that are starving and neglected, I can say with 100% certainty none of my reptiles are.( Maybe they would be of better service addressing that issue ) I love what I do, it's as simple as that. Have I sold snakes? A few, to people I am in contact with and I know they are well cared for. Have I recouped my investments as far as racks, tubs, heat tape, initial snake purchases, food? Not even close. And if this were a business investment then I would have cause to worry. But this is NO BUSINESS INVESTMENT. From chasing garter snakes and frogs and lizards as a kid to keeping snakes and amphibians now I do it because it brings me joy. I find happiness in doing what I do. If this were purely a money making scheme I would have changed my mind not long after the first month of cleaning rat tubs and cleaning up snake feces so I resent anyone saying we are in it for the money. You want to lay claim the Florida issue being one cause irresponsible snake owners ( there were many snakes displaced by the hurricane, bu I'll humor that point ) it has already been established that there are irresponsible dog, cat, bird, fish, and yes I am sure even reptile owners as well. Should we change the laws to punish all for the crimes of the few? While we are at it, there are parents who mistreat, abuse, and even kill their children. Maybe we should pass a law making it illegal to have children unless you have received a permit granted by the government? In closing I would prefer government stay out of my home, my business and my life unless I am already breaking a current law. Creating more laws only stands to either A) Make the government more money in taxes/fines B) Discourages responsible people from having pets of any kind... as that may be the next banned species. We can sit back and watch the shelters fill up... The animals get sick and die. Now there's an alternative. At the very worst, this is our government attempting to take away yet another one of our rights. At best, it is our government trying to tell me I am not allowed to do what I love. Say what you want, it is wrong any way you look at it.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #75
Reptileman81
WOW man that just touched me. I could not of said it better myself. You really need to post this on the sites where they are taking comments about the banned. This was by far the best argument I have seen.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #76
gsrept
A+ thats all i need say, thank you

Old 04-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #77
pitbulllady
Whether nor not he claims to be in the pocket of one or more of the AR groups, this Fireside chap IS, without a doubt. Anyone who supports the basic tenent of the AR philosophy, the elimination of all animal use/owership by humans, is still AR, whether or not they claim to be. Having read his posts, and still wondering why he came here, I have found his stance to be identical to that of virtually every animal "rescuer" and "rehabber" in the country: Only WE(the rescuers)have the knowledge, know-how, expertise, level of caring, experience, and resources to be able to properly keep and care for (insert animal name of choice) animals, so only WE should be allowed to keep them. All animal breeders, sellers, and buyers are the scum of the earth and the cause of all the problems, while WE, the rescuers, are the only ones trying to solve the problems. I've seen this with dog rescue, cat rescue, horse rescue, wildlife rescue, reptile rescue...the list goes on and on. Go to just about any animal "rescue" site on the internet, and you will find that most are against the breeding and selling of ANY animals, support bans on the private ownership and trade in the animals they deal with, support mandatory spay/neuter for domestic animals, etc. There are many "pit bull" rescue groups that are pushing for mandatory spay/neuter of all "pit bull"-type dogs, so that they will gradually become extinct through zero population growth, for their own good, of course, which is EXACTLY the same stance as PETA's. Go to any site claiming to rescue "wolf-dogs" and you will see them railing against people who breed or own such animals. One of the founding members of the API was Pat Darby, who had a big cat rescue organization. I've gotten into some heated arguements with the Catahoula Leopard Dog rescue groups, because I was a breeder at the time and (*gasp*) sold puppies and participated in hog baying trials with my dogs, while it was their goal to eliminate all breeding of that particular type of dog(along with all the many lookalikes and wannabe's). They did not believe that I was qualified enough to have, let alone breed, Catahoulas, and neither were people like Chester Wager, who'd bred Catahoulas in their native Louisiana swamps for over 60 years. Only they-the rescuers-were knowledgeable enough to keep these dogs. Only they-the rescuers-were intelligent enough to be able to place a dog with people they'd chosen, who met their criteria. Only they-the rescuers-were responsible enough to decide the fate of the animals they kept. NO ONE was responsible, intelligent or experienced enough in their minds to actually propogate such dogs. There is no point in arguing with them, as they are far too self-righteous to ever see it any other way. They and they alone are "the Chosen Ones" and everyone else is just the cause of the problems, whether it's abandoned animals, abused animals, too many animals, sick animals, etc., etc.

Thank God that the people who are responsible for fostering and finding homes for neglected, abused or abandoned CHILDREN don't think this way!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #78
lovin2act
Anybody catch the show on AP called SnakesKin? I watched it for a while last night and it seemed pretty decent!

http://blogs.discovery.com/the_mole/...snakeskin.html

Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #79
blitz373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Show me the proof that someone has released an animal, will you? So you're telling me that Dave and Tracy Barker don't know what they're talking about? Please. Give it up already. I think where the animals come in should be moved to a different location, i.e. somewhere cold where if something does happen to escape, it won't thrive. But you'd be silly to argue with EXPERTS like Dave and Tracy Barker about where the animals came from. The only people at fault here are the ones who are spreading false information, which would be Animal Planet and the media.
He has no proof just like Dave and Tracy have no proof that people didn't go and release some. But do you honestly think that people didn't go and release some animals? I've seen people dump their dogs, cats, and kids on the street so I have no problem believing they would dump an Iguana or Burmese down in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
one more thing about reptile nation as the usark logo says, United we stand
Sorry to say but reptile nation is nowhere near being united. Most are too lazy to get up and do anything.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #80
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz373 View Post
He has no proof just like Dave and Tracy have no proof that people didn't go and release some. But do you honestly think that people didn't go and release some animals? I've seen people dump their dogs, cats, and kids on the street so I have no problem believing they would dump an Iguana or Burmese down in Florida.

Sorry to say but reptile nation is nowhere near being united. Most are too lazy to get up and do anything.
Dogs, cats, and kids are a dime a dozen. No one is going to pay you for your dog, cat or kid (unless the animals are worth something, which is rare). I am not doubting iguana release - you can't give iguanas away. But snakes hold their value well and there is always some idiot who wants to "look cool" and shovel out $100 to their buddy who wants to unload a snake. That's why I doubt snakes are being released. Didn't you read the part where all of the Burms rounded up originate from shipments from ONE year? That's not a coincidence, and that takes genetic testing to determine that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!