Are you afraid to buy high end snakes due to potential legislation? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

View Poll Results: Are you afraid to invest in snakes due to potential legislation?
Absolutely 10 10.31%
Somewhat 38 39.18%
Not at all 38 39.18%
Its the economy 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #71
bear
I dont need dare classes to know how things work. My wife is a social worker in Flint, not a great place.. Two of my former friends from high school were shot and killed in a coke deal gone wrong one in the head (Anthony
Anderberg) the other in the stomach (Dane marsino). 2 other friends of mine overdosed and died in high school. That's not just propaganda. The rest of what you said is so nonsensical im not sure how to respond... I guess let our posts speak for themselves and be done with it.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #72
oldworldlife
good point
You hang around some real classy people.
and
maybe you didn't need the DARE classes
but your friends did.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 AM   #73
Reptileman81
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldworldlife View Post
My home town just laid off four social workers out of 7 and last year there was no salt "in wisconsin" in the budget but in march we got our 3rd drug metro officer I don't know about you but now I feel safer driving home at night in a snow storm
this is a city of 37,000

So let me see if I can figure this out right Oldworldlife. You are on a reptile site that is for reptile pet owners keepers hobbies and breeders. But you are with the fact that the government is going to take away your right to own a reptile or cross state lines with it or what ever will come of this. Trust me if they get the laws passed that they want one day the only way you will see a reptile is through a piece of glass at a zoo.

Now if you are a reptile owner and love reptiles like everyone else here does which should be the only reason you are even on this site they you should be against anything your government wants to do with your reptiles.

This country was founded by free men who some gave there lives for that right and to protect it. Yet day in and day out our government wants to take away just one more thing from us. Its all about control!!! They think they have the power. We are many!!! We will not bow down to conformity.

As for the drug side and trying to compare it. Well drugs were for most of them and there lives illegal. For only a min was a drug legal.

But for as long as our history books go back people have kept pets. Even reptiles!!! Now because there is a much smaller problem then people think down here in Florida our right and passion should be taken from us. I don't think so!!!

Not that I keep any big constrictors but it will only be a matter of time before those that hate and fear what we love will come after all reptiles. I for one will not stand for it and will not conform. My reptiles stay!!! I will continue to own breed sell and transport what ever reptiles I wish.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #74
crotalusadamanteus
"When the people fear their Government, there is Tyranny. When the Government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #75
bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldworldlife View Post
good point
You hang around some real classy people.
and
maybe you didn't need the DARE classes
but your friends did.
I love how he attacks my class but started this argument requesting an 8 ball of cocaine.. lol..

Old 04-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #76
Twizted Paths
All good points as usual Bear.

I will continue to respect the cease fire you called for earlier in this thread

Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #77
kmrkvicka
Personally, this whole situation has made me more aggressive in purchasing the snakes I've always wanted for my breeding program. If it passes, I'll be much more selective about what I breed, when I breed it so as not to flood the Washington state market with boas. That said, I can't miss out on my chance to own a sunglow jungle, or a sunglow motley, etc. These are my dream snakes, and in the off chance interstate sales are banned, I want to have my snakes before that happens... I've been fortunate enough to buy most of those snakes now, so that I have my dream collection regardless of the outcome.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #78
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
"When the people fear their Government, there is Tyranny. When the Government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson.
Excellent point. I voted in the "somewhat" category. Mainly because I've noticed how our government is resembling Europe in right around 1933 more & more, and complete with "Homeland Security". I hope I can recommend a DVD I rented recently called "Terror Storm". After watching this and websearching a little, I found some pretty convincing evidence. One by one our liberties are being taken away. Heck, the income tax law that makes us pay taxes is an illegally passed piece of "legislation". It was not ratified by enough states, and it is a direct tax, which must be apportioned to the people, according to the constitution of the USA I've read, but it isn't. If they can pull this one off, keeping citizens from their reptiles should be a walk in the park. Just my $0.02

Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #79
akonitony
* I meant to say it is supposed to be a direct tax, which it is not *

Old 01-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #80
BobOblak
"I highly doubt people are calling up congressmen nationally saying " my neighbor has some snakes DO SOMETHING" lol.."

neighbors dont call legislators but they do call local LE and it starts from there.
In WI, most municipalities and many counties prohibit ownership of snakes over 3-6ft, depending on location. AC in Milwaukee, Madison, LaCrosse and many other cities and counties are staffed by actual PETA and HSUS members. They stage public-spectacle raids that are commando attacks staffed by local police, state wildlife agencies, and USFWS. The Terry Cullen case set a legal precedent that rack systems for snakes have been declared as inhumane housing and is a chargeable offense in this state.
When they find out about collections, they are publicized to the media as "hoarding" situations and are sensationalized out of all proportion.
We are picked off one by one with no public outcry or unified front, and driven to bankruptcy with fines and legal defense.
It's become too dangerous to keep animals in this state. HSUS has bought the WI legislature to squash animal enterprises.
I am in the process of selling all of my reptiles. I just dont want to deal with the gestapo anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!