Florida Passes Ban On large Snakes - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #31
Strike_Force_Reptiles
i agree, we call call ourselve reptafia
lol sounds like a new candy bar dont it lol

Old 06-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #32
Vypyrz
Well, apparently something got signed into law. The news report isn't too specific and haven't heard anything from USARK yet...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/0...ephedrine.html

Does anyone have any info on this?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #33
Mikey Triangles
Also I was told those with ROC permits will be grandfathered in. Any info on that?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #34
Piratepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
I agree with Seth. Fight it to the end and if it still goes through, keep your reptiles securely and responsibley and dont comply with the legislation. Florida is in bad shape, I highly doubt there will be any muscle behind this legislation. This is probably going to be just look at what i did effect for politicians. Either way, some of us in the industry are going to be put in the position to either take our lumps and stand up for our industry or lay down and set presidents for more legislation. We owe this to our hobby and America. I am proud of Constitutional America and the values it stood for, but the America we are heading towards and may already be living in is borderline disgraceful. It will take people like our founding fathers to stand up and change that. I would love to say I am proud of my country again.
Here here We need to remember the principals and values that America was founded on It was not created for the government to dictate what animals we can keep or how can we make it so people who will not work because they are lazy sorry individuals can have everything that want to make their lives even easier Also when will the government realize that bans dont work Look at illegal drugs, guns, and immigrants 'ur government cant enforce the bans they hAve now what makes them think they can control the animals we keep I for one will never give up any of the animals I keep because the government says so but that is just ME

Old 06-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #35
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC_Ophiuchus View Post
This just in...

NO MORE PET ROCKS!

...On April 30, 2010, the U.S. Senate and House voted on a bill that could prohibit the ownership, sale, and interstate transport of all rocks & stones. Government officials are concerned that exotic species of rocks could inadvertently be released into American ecosystems and potentially threaten certain rock types currently protected.

"People have been keeping these rocks for years, but don't realize how dangerous they can actually be,' says a representative of the Dept of Conservation & Natural Resources, "There are several forms of small pebbles & stones, but some rocks can be quite enormous, usually referred to as boulders. These boulders are heavy, and require more than one person to move. An unwary person could stub their toe on one, or the rock could actually roll over and crush them unexpectantly for no reason. These are NOT pets."

Several geoculturist groups (hobbyists who breed and raise rocks, stones & boulders) are adamantly protesting this bill. "This bill could effectively destroy 30% of the world's economy," comments rock lobbyist Stanely Stone of the United States Association of Rock Keepers (USARK), "Many hobbyists enjoy the relatively easy care of pet rocks compared to other animals. Also, it is common practice to introduce rocks into enclosures of other animals for decoration, as all rocks co-exist peacefully with other pets. Geoculture represents about 33% of the pet industry, and even more for agricultural & industrial use. The Bill is not founded on anything scientific."

Many government officials disagree with Stone's statements, and comment that in addition to their other concerns, rocks and stones could also be used as projectile weapons (often being hurled or thrown at an another person) and therefore, are not safe for human possession.
OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i almost pissed myself while reading this ..

Great job and done so real like .. excellent i needed a good laugh today ..

Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #36
Hybridbird
Exclamation ROCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Triangles View Post
Also I was told those with ROC permits will be grandfathered in. Any info on that?
Yes, people who already have ROC permits will be able to keep what they currently have,but won't be able to add anything new.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #37
SnakeEyesExotics
Can't seem to find it anywhere, but are boa constrictors on the list? If so, that means that nobody can ship boas to Florida either, right?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #38
Mikey Triangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianbaby007 View Post
Can't seem to find it anywhere, but are boa constrictors on the list? If so, that means that nobody can ship boas to Florida either, right?
Yeah, I've heard the list has been edited to include all 4 species of Anaconda. Those are the only Boas I heard mentioned though.

On the list as it stands now on the FWC website only Green Anacondas are included.

this is the current list off their site:

Indian or Burmese python (Python molurus)
Reticulated python (Python reticulatus)
African rock python (Python sebae)
Amethystine or Scrub python (Morelia amethistinus)
Green anaconda (Eunectes murinus)
Nile monitor (Varanus niloticus)

Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #39
Hybridbird
That is the complete list as of now. They are meeting in Lake Mary today to remove all 6 from the list of Reptiles of Concern and add them all to the list of Conditional Species.

http://myfwc.com/commission/2010/Comm_10_AgendaJun.htm

Common Boas are not on the list.............................................. .............yet.

However,the way that the new law is written, it gives FWC the authority to add any species to the list that they deem necessary and won't have to pass another bill to do it. Watch and see how quickly the list grows after someone who "knows someone" finds a Boa or Ball in their yard or some other place that they think it shouldn't be, this is only the beginning.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #40
TIIRX7
As of 7/1/2010 the Ban on the six species of concern has been passed in Florida. If you currently have a license to possess you will be allowed to keep the animals you have until they die. For those who want to get a retic or a burm after 7/1/2010 there will be no more license's issued, further it will be illigal to import or export them through Florida. If you have a class 3 license you can still breed and sell burms' and retics out of state per info I received this morning from Fl fish and wildlife.

This is all government propaganda to continually control your freedoms in this country. Florida as well as Federal legislators have ignored the sound scientific data that has been presented to them, because their agenda is to compleatly control your right to own a particular pet, and for that matter every aspect of your life as an American citizen. They have affectivly made criminals out of hundred's of thousand law abiding citizens in Florida. The ignorance and stupidity of Government officials knows no bounds. The tyranny of Government will only succeed if we the people stand back and do nothing to stop it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!