Need info on what to do with possible gravid female king/corn hybrid... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
jameseallenii@gmail.com
Warning! Need info on what to do with possible gravid female king/corn hybrid...

my king/milk hybrids mated several times in early march(about a week before to a week after 3/6/11). if she is gravid, should i be able to tell yet? I know i need to give her a separate area in the tank with some soft/moist substrate so she can burrow and lay eggs, but what should the substrate be? sand, vermiculite, topsoil??? Please help! I love these snakes and am really anxious to see what their babies will look like. I have a solid understanding of how to incubate the eggs once they are laid, and how to care for hatchling snakes, too. i just don't know anything from when they've made whoopee to when the eggs are laid! Thanks so much for any and all responses.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
jameseallenii@gmail.com
pics of snakes(s) in question

Thiese are pics of the snakes in question. I got her(and her cagemate) from a carnie...long story...had them about 8 mos. They've been great snakes, mostly calm. male is a little more jittery than the female. I was told that the female is a milksnake/kingsnake hybrid and that the male is king/corn/milk. I don't know if that's actually possible, but either way, i like the snakes! first pic is female(Apple), second male(Patches).
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!