USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
Terri Bienkowski
Please excuse any ignorance in this question but this ruling includes Royal/Ball Pythons in the North African Pythons, right?

Terri

Old 01-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Bienkowski View Post
Please excuse any ignorance in this question but this ruling includes Royal/Ball Pythons in the North African Pythons, right?

Terri
No, just the northern and southern sub-species of the African Rock Python (Python sebae) -- not all pythons that originate in Africa, thank goodness!

Old 01-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
Terri Bienkowski
Thanks for the clarification!

Terri

Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Bienkowski View Post

Terri
That is a very good question because I don't see any of the scientific names listed in this notice from USARK.

Quote:
As of now the Constrictor Rule, when enacted, will BAN the IMPORT and INTERSTATE TRANSPORT of the following 4 species: Burmese python, Northern African python, Southern African python and yellow anaconda.
If the law was written without using scientific names, there is a big loophole that the government could exploit to screw over anyone who owns a python that originated in Africa. By the same token, people could fight the burmese python part of it since there are really only Myanmar pythons in the trade right now.

USARK, was the scientifc name clarified to prevent loopholes?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
rodneynboalich
not to mention they have south af rocks on the list python natalensis. who do you know that owns one of them. it was a waste of ink to even write them in.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
SPJ
I don't see scientific names here.

http://www.fws.gov/invasives/news.html

Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
rodneynboalich
i hate to tell everyone this but i think it would have been better if all he snakes were left on the list. we will have to take it to court now and if they had listed a bunch of snake unnecessarily it would have been more ammo to discredit the ban altogether but since usark is think fighting and compromise is the same thing this is what we get.

all you people that have so much faith in usark why arnt they here of all days to talk to the people they claim to represent.

i am glad my retics didnt make the list though guess its a good thing me and andrew keep the same kind of snakes

Old 01-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #18
R. Eventide
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
all you people that have so much faith in usark why arnt they here of all days to talk to the people they claim to represent.
You may have the time to post all day every day, but most people don't, not to mention people involved with USARK right now. Why don't you try giving 'em a bit more time to respond than 9 hours?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
Mosasaur
My heart goes out to all the folk who are going to get burned by this.

I also recall several years ago getting a lot of shit on the forums because I warned that all the publicity about the Burms on the Glades would escalate this. People, we did this to ourselves, and I fear the end of it is not in sight.

It occured to me that by not listing the other big snakes, there will still be "bad Boys" for the government to seek to protect us from. There will now be some nice test animals for implimenting future restrictions.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
Metachrosis
Respond with agenda objectives and dodge direct questioning?
5 years have pasted,is that plenty of time to wait for a response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Eventide View Post
You may have the time to post all day every day, but most people don't, not to mention people involved with USARK right now. Why don't you try giving 'em a bit more time to respond than 9 hours?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!