Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 243 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #2421
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post

I'm sorry, but I just don't view an argument (by both sides) over a 'lizard' worthy of such intense, resource draining consideration.
I thought this particular forum was set up to help and encourage those who had become victims in their transactions for reptiles to do something about the situation by posting here and getting advice and support. . Some struggles are harder, and longer, than others, but to me the fact that Michelle did not give up makes her admirable.
To foster an atmosphere where when things get tough one should walk away to cut one's losses to me sets the stage to encourage the powerful to stomp real hard on the weak to get them to withdraw and suffer their losses. I don't think that is what the BOI is all about.

Michelle you are AWESOME!!!!

Old 08-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #2422
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Seems to me that there was a whole lot more PRINCIPLE involved here than the material matter of a $3,000 prize lizard being at stake.

In Michelle's defense, and in my personal opinion, I find it encouraging that the human species still has "Davids" willing to stand up to "Goliaths", no matter what the cost.

IMHO.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. This was definitely more of a PRINCIPLE over money.

The David & Goliath reference is quite apt in this situation. Ty thought he was too big to lose, he thought he could drain Michelle's resources, making her drop her case. He thought wrong. Michelle's fortitude is admirable.

This case may have started out about a lizard, but ended with a victory over principles.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #2423
AbsoluteApril
Congratulations Michelle, your perseverance is an inspiration. It's a shame it took so much time and effort for this to get resolved and a shame you simply didn't get the tegu in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I'll have to try to open them later. They are downloading blank.
A lot of the files are missing the first page (blank) but the rest is there.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #2424
thomas davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
My opinion regarding this matter is no different today. I have never had much sympathy for either side, and for the most part thought both parties deserved each other. For me these sentiments still ring true. Seeing the disclosed outcome only reinforces this for me. There are times in life when I value my: family, time, sleep, sanity, financial security, etc. far more than I need to chase after a perceived 'win'.

While I may admire someone's efforts at not giving up, I don't consider this an actual win for either side, I only see two individuals who have lost. 2.5 years gone, no court can restore that and for what? To be declared the 'winner' and have online minions 'relish your victory'? 2.5 "long and drawn out" years so you can earn <$15 a day, not including your out of pocket expenses yet.

Any other person who worked at a U.S. job for 2.5 years at <$15 a day, irregular hours, paid their own expenses, still had to collect all their back wages, would be called an array of titles, "winner" not being one of them.
online minions? are you really that thick to think it was about the money bob? really?// not a win for either side ? WOW just WOW.... well just an fyi bob, michelle WON and ty LOST justice prevailed over tyranny, anyone who doesn't get that should seek help in comprehension

Old 08-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #2425
Black Adder
Ouch!
pretty harsh, everyone has their own opinions.

Even though I was the first to point out that this battle had long since ceased to be anything about money or time and was based now on principle I did not feel the need to be quite so ruthless in my wording...lol.

But I guess it takes all kinds to make the world spin nowadays.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #2426
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Ouch!
pretty harsh, everyone has their own opinions.

Even though I was the first to point out that this battle had long since ceased to be anything about money or time and was based now on principle I did not feel the need to be quite so ruthless in my wording...lol.

But I guess it takes all kinds to make the world spin nowadays.
Who are you referring to? Who was harsh?

Old 08-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #2427
Black Adder
The post directly preceding mine, not hard to follow...…

But just for you

My meaning was I felt it was a bit harsh towards Robert.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #2428
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Who are you referring to? Who was harsh?
Never mind. Got it.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #2429
markpulawski
This was about justice and living with it, Michelle may have given up some time agreed but living with walking away would have lasted a lifetime. Some can let that go, some can't but when you know you are right it would have been a very difficult thing to do.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #2430
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Ouch! pretty harsh,
This is really just a repeat of before, nothing new and fully expected. Zero worries on my end.

It appears the word "Principle" is the battle club of choice if your opinion differs. My opinion is 100% swayed in favor of principle, it simply is not the principle that many prefer I would quietly adhere to.

Is trying to bring down the high and mighty, assuming they wronged you, a worthy cause, sure it is. However, is it worthy enough if my obligations to my spouse falter, I neglect my children, I put forth less effort at work, risk my family's financial security, etc. then the answer for me is no. Providing for and placing my family first is my primary responsibility, other side distractions come secondary.

If I didn't have a spouse, family, work obligations, and had money and time to burn, then chasing after 'the man' over a lizard might be the next best thing. However, I have other priorities. Other principles and obligations that take precedence. Hence my opinion on the matter.

My stance is/has been choosing the 'better' over the 'good' versus an attempt by several individuals to paint me a corner as opposing 'good' in favor of 'bad', unprincipled over principled. This approach is 'yawn' worthy at best now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu