Bad Guy Goldfish Plus - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
SaintJimmy
Goldfish Plus

1027 N Grand Ave Covina, CA 91724‎

Here are the pictures I took inside Goldfish Plus.

Mistreated animals. Never buy from Goldfish Plus, whatever you do. The store is crowded like a hoarder's house, the animals are stressed and crowded.. etc.

http://imgur.com/a/8vZt1

Old 09-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
kouneli
Apparently according to most people here, you can't post a BOI bad guy post unless you've done bad business with the company/person.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Emily, did you bring up your concerns with the owners when you were there? Curious what they had to say. Otherwise you can try reporting them to local authorities, like the local animal control. Sad to say, it seems like a fairly typical reptile store. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouneli View Post
Apparently according to most people here, you can't post a BOI bad guy post unless you've done bad business with the company/person.
The rule is "This forum is designed to serve the purpose of giving anyone interested in the buying and selling of herptile related merchandise the opportunity to inquire about, or find already existing information concerning a person or business with whom they are considering doing business with." It is generally preferred if people post an "INFO" thread for this type of report but there is no rule on which tag must be used.
Rules for posting on the BOI can be found here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880
any further discussion or feedback of this topic should be taken to the feedback forum located here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=44
thank you

Old 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
SaintJimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Emily, did you bring up your concerns with the owners when you were there? Curious what they had to say. Otherwise you can try reporting them to local authorities, like the local animal control. Sad to say, it seems like a fairly typical reptile store. :/

The rule is "This forum is designed to serve the purpose of giving anyone interested in the buying and selling of herptile related merchandise the opportunity to inquire about, or find already existing information concerning a person or business with whom they are considering doing business with." It is generally preferred if people post an "INFO" thread for this type of report but there is no rule on which tag must be used.
Rules for posting on the BOI can be found here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880
any further discussion or feedback of this topic should be taken to the feedback forum located here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=44
thank you
Reported him to local animal control already. I hope this is the right place to post.

I rescued a jacksons chameleon because I already had a set up and lights available for it. It looks as if it was force fed, and it was being kept in a tiny cage, very dirty. Only a food bowl and one string of leaves for a habitat.

No lights or anything, either.

And all of his other reptiles and fish were experiencing overcrowding and the cages were dirty as well.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintJimmy View Post
Reported him to local animal control already. I hope this is the right place to post.

I rescued a jacksons chameleon because I already had a set up and lights available for it. It looks as if it was force fed, and it was being kept in a tiny cage, very dirty. Only a food bowl and one string of leaves for a habitat.

And all of his other reptiles and fish were experiencing overcrowding and the cages were dirty as well.
What are the indications that a chameleon has been force fed?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
SaintJimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
What are the indications that a chameleon has been force fed?
There is sort of a chip in his lip. Looks like a bug bit him in his sleep (hungry crix will bite baby chams) or he was force fed the crickets (push food near his mouth) and it bit him.

Either one is completely possible, both signs of improper care... Unless force feeding is done correctly.

Leaving crix in cage w/o a piece of fruit for them to snack on might cause them to munch on the unsuspecting Cham.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintJimmy View Post

Forgive me, but isn't this the cardinal sin of a situation such as this? Demand just increased and the owner got validation that people will purchase animals in that condition.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
SaintJimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
Forgive me, but isn't this the cardinal sin of a situation such as this? Demand just increased and the owner got validation that people will purchase animals in that condition.
You don't understand. You don't think I didn't know this when I bought him?

I could not just leave him there when I have a space available for him.

I reported the owner to animal control anyway, so at this point the 50$ isn't going to help him much.

I always ALWAYS keep these things in mind. Would I rather leave the animal there and NOT "support" him? No.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
Helenthereef
It's a hard call. I get the "don't encourage" point, but it's hard to leave an animal in bad conditions. What did animal control say/do?

Old 01-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
SaintJimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
It's a hard call. I get the "don't encourage" point, but it's hard to leave an animal in bad conditions. What did animal control say/do?
I called the fish and game wardens as well as the local animal control, they said they'd take care of it and check his shop out.

I haven't heard back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!