Bad Guy Brandon Greene - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:33 AM   #11
Redsky29
The fact that he won't respond is what I'm most angry about.... I had him checked for parasites back in April nothing wrong with him health wise

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 09-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #12
Redsky29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Have you taken your dragon to the vet yet, there may be some physiological reason for the critter not breeding.
I don't know that it is the seller's fault if in fact he had never tried to breed this dragon and only kept it as a pet. Even if he knew you wanted a breeder, if this animal was not advertised as proven and it turns out there is some physical reason for the lack of breeding behavior, I don't know that I'd characterize the seller as a bad guy.
However, even though the sale was 6 months ago, I feel it would be professional for him to respond to your emails.
The factor that he supposedly bought this male as a pet then decides to sale him just doesn't sit right with me now. At first I was all for it but after seeing the male is unable to breed I think he bought him to breed and then found he could not breed him and resold him..... Now if he'd sold him as a pet quality dragon I wouldn't say anything but I feel he's a bad person for one not responding, two selling something to someone to breed knowing it's not able to be bred.... That is why I made the post. If it was all just an honest mistake why hasn't he responded to say omg I'm so sorry had no idea or something....

Old 09-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #13
Redsky29
BTW he is a member of this board the whole transaction with the exception of payment was through here so if it's an honest mistake he can always reply here...

Old 09-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
Beyond GenetiX
You are sure it's a male? Can you post pictures of him/it?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #15
Snake-Queen
I have sent him an email informing him of this thread. Hopefully he will respond.

If it was a pet, he may have decided to sell to free up space. Everything is speculation at this point until the seller decides to respond. He should at least respond to your emails.

Again, for some bearded dragons, it is important to cycle them in order for them to be enticed to breed, especially if one was just a pet. You have not cycled it, so you cannot say for certain it will not breed.

I would take it to the vet and have blood work done on it as well.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #16
Redsky29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I have sent him an email informing him of this thread. Hopefully he will respond.

If it was a pet, he may have decided to sell to free up space. Everything is speculation at this point until the seller decides to respond. He should at least respond to your emails.

Again, for some bearded dragons, it is important to cycle them in order for them to be enticed to breed, especially if one was just a pet. You have not cycled it, so you cannot say for certain it will not breed.

I would take it to the vet and have blood work done on it as well.
We have only one reptile vet in my area what all should they look for in the blood work? I've never experienced a male that just would not breed at all. I've had some that dislike certain female or are just not interested in a particular female but never one that just refuses to breed in general. I do hope he responds I'd feel a lot better if this was purely an accident but since he's failed to respond in almost 2 wks I'm not going to hold my breath that he will here either. Paypal has even contacted him and he's not responded to them either even though they ruled in his favor on the dispute.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #17
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsky29 View Post
I've never experienced a male that just would not breed at all.
I may have missed it, but was this animal sold to you as a "proven breeder"?

Side rant independent of the this thread:
Sometimes it is hard for us to remember that these are individual animals with distinct personalities & preferences, they are not automated machines.
Similar to humans, there are simply some that may have very little to no reproductive sex drive. It happens. Selling off animals that won't "produce" is fairly common. Not saying that is the case here. Unless it is 100% a pet, animals cost money to maintain and that cost can be justified by some because they hope to recoup those losses by producing offspring. No offspring, no money...animal gets sold.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #18
Redsky29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
You are sure it's a male? Can you post pictures of him/it?
Not the best pics I'm doing this solo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 09-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #19
Redsky29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
I may have missed it, but was this animal sold to you as a "proven breeder"?

Side rant independent of the this thread:
Sometimes it is hard for us to remember that these are individual animals with distinct personalities & preferences, they are not automated machines.
Similar to humans, there are simply some that may have very little to no reproductive sex drive. It happens. Selling off animals that won't "produce" is fairly common. Not saying that is the case here. Unless it is 100% a pet, animals cost money to maintain and that cost can be justified by some because they hope to recoup those losses by producing offspring. No offspring, no money...animal gets sold.
So it was okay for him to sale my a male that won't breed knowing I wanted to breed him with my super citrus girl and for him to even say he'll be a great breeder??? That made no sense at all..... if he can't be bred sale him to a pet home as a pet....That is the ethical thing to do.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #20
Snake-Queen
That appears to be a female.
Get a picture of the pores please.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!